πŸ¦…πŸ§‘πŸ’™πŸ―πŸ…Men vs VA Tech Game Thread. ****

GwillMac6

17 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Holy s*** that’s Scott Steiner’s kid?

I was wondering about that. My kids grew up with Rick’s(Rob’s)kids. And we’d see Scott and his kid around. But I didn’t know him.Β 
Β 

He graduated from my daughters high school, but he was several years younger. His cousin Bronson played football(RB) at Kennesaw State the same time my daughter cheered for them. So I got to watch that paint dry at KSU.

Bronson now wrestles under the name Bron Breaker I think. They wouldn’t let him use the name Steiner.

Edited by CCTAU
  • Love 2

Β 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Better question Is how tf do you know him!? You are a child! His hey day was over 20 years ago!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Big TNA fan when they were pushing basically every archaic WWE legend they could find in their main eventsΒ 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

I was wondering about that. My kids grew up with Rick’s(Rob’s)kids. And we’d see Scott and his kid around. But I didn’t know him.Β 
Β 

He graduated from my daughters high school, but he was several years younger. His cousin Bronson played football(RB) at Kennesaw State the same time my daughter cheered for them. So I got to watch that paint dry at KSU.

Bronson now wrestles under the name Bron Breaker I think. They wouldn’t let him use the name Steiner.

Yeah I heard from a wrestling podcast I occasionally follow that Bron has the same talent that the generation behind him did. I'm too far removed to get back into wrestling, but I am glad that family of freak athleticism kept it goingΒ 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah I heard from a wrestling podcast I occasionally follow that Bron has the same talent that the generation behind him did. I'm too far removed to get back into wrestling, but I am glad that family of freak athleticism kept it goingΒ 

Maveric was the man wrestling. He was a national champion in college. I thought at one time he and Bronson would make a go, but life got in the way for Mav.

It is interesting to see one of their kids excel in basketball. Scott’s oldest son plays football at Jax state.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Oh, hell, no wonder I’ve never heard of him. WWE? Fake crapβ€¦πŸ˜Ž

Mods, can we get a ruling here?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

1st game of the year & it was a blast!! Loved it. Great energy in the arena. What was up with AH though?Β 

Shot hasn’t been falling. Made some good passes though!

• Like 1

Β 

IMG_5568.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Β 

Β 

10 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Wasn't able to be around tonight, props to @GwillMac6 for doing the game thread!

Β 

IMG_5992.gif

• Love 1

To speak to one of my earlier posts, that 2-4 is probably why they moved Aden to the starting job more than anything. Even with how good a playmaker Tre is, and you would think his starting would result in more points from the β€œothers”, Jaylin and CMo are just not natural scorers and Denver has primarily just been a guy standing in the corner. It’s hard to have 4 complementary type playersΒ 

I’ll acquiesce to one poster who said that CBM should start for Auburn to really contend, and I went to bat for CMO (this was after the second game of the season). I still like CMo, but there needs to be more of an assertive personality amongst the wings/forwards, and Chad has arguably been the best non-Broome shot creator this seasonΒ 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

To speak to one of my earlier posts, that 2-4 is probably why they moved Aden to the starting job more than anything. Even with how good a playmaker Tre is, and you would think his starting would result in more points from the β€œothers”, Jaylin and CMo are just not natural scorers and Denver has primarily just been a guy standing in the corner. It’s hard to have 4 complementary type playersΒ 

I’ll acquiesce to one poster who said that CBM should start for Auburn to really contend, and I went to bat for CMO (this was after the second game of the season). I still like CMo, but there needs to be more of an assertive personality amongst the wings/forwards, and Chad has arguably been the best non-Broome shot creator this seasonΒ 

Moore had a bad game last night for sure. Agreed on CBM starting. Love Pearl rewarding guys who have been here and put in the time but obvious CBM is the better option. Really want to see more Aden and Tre lineups. And how can we get Denver going?? Can’t believe that guy hasn’t made more of an impact. Great free throw shooter atleast

• Like 1

9 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

I love how the crowd chants "AIRBALL!" every time that one guy gets the ball. 🀣

I remember once when I was a student, we were playing Tennessee, and this one guy had these tall white socks, and every time he got the ball, the crowd would chant "SOCKS!". 🀣

Our crowd seems particularly relentless with that chant. I remember a game last year where a guy had one early in the game and heard about it the entire rest of the game. He came out after the half probably thinking people had forgotten..

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, gravejd said:

Moore had a bad game last night for sure. Agreed on CBM starting. Love Pearl rewarding guys who have been here and put in the time but obvious CBM is the better option. Really want to see more Aden and Tre lineups. And how can we get Denver going?? Can’t believe that guy hasn’t made more of an impact. Great free throw shooter atleast

He’s been really good at being an option outside for drive and kicks, and we’ve seen that in a few games (I believe Baylor is the most notable). Which there’s a ton of value in having that release valve, don’t get me wrong. It’s just those opportunities have been few and far between since thenΒ 

He doesn’t seem to be the most confident ball handler of all time, which is what’s keeping him from making the type of impact we were hoping for. Hopefully it’s just a confidence thing, and not him just being a poor ball handler. As we saw with Zep, it’s a REAL difference trying to dribble against mid major defenders (even a conference as good as the one Denver was in) and the power 5. But that remains to be seen

9 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Β 

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

He’s been really good at being an option outside for drive and kicks, and we’ve seen that in a few games (I believe Baylor is the most notable). Which there’s a ton of value in having that release valve, don’t get me wrong. It’s just those opportunities have been few and far between since thenΒ 

He doesn’t seem to be the most confident ball handler of all time, which is what’s keeping him from making the type of impact we were hoping for. Hopefully it’s just a confidence thing, and not him just being a poor ball handler. As we saw with Zep, it’s a REAL difference trying to dribble against mid major defenders (even a conference as good as the one Denver was in) and the power 5. But that remains to be seen

CMo is a valuable part of the team, but his minutes/role needs to change now. CBM is averaging more of everything in less minutes and he deserves increased minutes. I think his ceiling is higher than what we have seen and better things are yet to come from him. CMo has shown us what his abilities are and we can expect him to play with effort, toughness, and heart. He is not a shot maker, ball handler, or creator and needs his minutes bumped down to closer to 10 than the 20 he is getting now. From what he has shown us, there is no reason to expect a big step forward at this point from CMo. Similar to KD, he just has not shown growth and his role has to shrink as others emerge.Β 

• Thanks 1

I tried to pump KD up by making him my man crush but its not working so far :(Β 

How that guy can keep jacking up guarded 3s from 4 feet behind the line while making about .05% of them.....wish i had that confidence in my day to day life lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1