2026 NR OL Kail Ellis Commits to AU!!

Paladin

• Paladin changed the title to 2026 NR OL Kail Ellis Commits to AU!!

6 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

2026 - isn't that like saying Auburn is my current leader?

I am just going to enjoy the moment without getting my hopes up! Prefer kids to not commit so early because they have yet to completely take in all of their options. Glad we got a lineman though. 

Georgia OL first '26 commitment

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports

Auburn has its first commitment of the 2026 class.

The class starts in the trenches, as offensive lineman Kail Ellis out of Cartersville, Ga., announced his commitment to Auburn Thursday morning. Hugh Freeze is now one of 14 head coaches to have a commit in the 2026 class.

"I decided to commit so early, because of the opportunity of development," Ellis said. "What Coach (Hugh) Freeze, Coach (Jake) Thornton and that staff is doing shouldn’t go unnoticed. Auburn is a special place and I am excited to be apart of it."

Kail Ellis committed to Auburn Thursday. (Kail Ellis (@KailEllis78) / Twitter)

Ellis attended an Auburn elite camp back in June, where not long after a conversation with offensive line coach Jake Thornton, he was offered by the Tigers.

Things were just getting started for him, as he saw his offer list grow in the following weeks. Auburn got in early, offering the 6-foot-4 lineman before programs likeFlorida State, Georgia, Penn State and Miami.

It led to multiple game day visits this fall on the Plains, as he attended the Georgia game, Ole Miss game and the New Mexico State game.

He also took game day visits to Clemson, NC State, Appalachian State and Florida State throughout the fall, but there was one place that stuck out.

That place was Auburn and Ellis made it official Thursday with his commitment.

41 minutes ago, DAG said:

2026?! Hmmm

Look at that elite list of schools we beat out though!! 😂

Im jk. Nobody get butthurt.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Paladin said:

"I decided to commit so early, because of the opportunity of development," Ellis said.

Maybe Auburn should open up a “farm school”.  Like an IMG, but position the Auburn Academy somewhere near  Dothan. (to draw from AL, GA, and N. FL). Our NIL can offer scholarships to the best of the best and we can start developing them in high school.

Edited by AUApostle
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

CHF isn't the biggest coach out there, but he isn't Saban either.   This very young man makes CHF look unswole.

He looks like he eats at lunch more than chf weighs. A sophomore? Gracious that’s a big boy.

15 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

@bigbird will you dispatch someone to get a pick of his ankles?  If he has thin ankles and high calves = freak.

Cankles have no place on AUs OL

• ellitor pinned and featured this topic
6 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Hugh is barely a year in and has already moved us from “behind in recruiting” to “getting ahead of the curve”. Really amazing and refreshing. 

• Like 4

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

Hugh is barely a year in and has already moved us from “behind in recruiting” to “getting ahead of the curve”. Really amazing and refreshing. 

Not just Freeze….Thorton, Garrett and Aldridge have been fantastic recruiters as well and I don’t think have been given enough credit for what they have done since they got to Auburn. 

I don’t think Thorton gets enough praise, he’s done a really good job with a hastily pieced together group and he’s bringing in some studs.  Ole Miss’s line has also dropped off since he left despite the fact they all cried that he sucked and he “was asked to leave” when he did make the move to Auburn. 😂

Aldridge might be my favorite assistant Freeze hired.  He really does seem to be a rising star. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

My biggest concern is if he becomes a 5* down the road does UGA swoop in and steal him to make up for our recent thefts. The Good News for us is with the Auburn commitment the odds of his becoming a 5* are diminished. War Eagle Kail!!

• ellitor unpinned this topic