2024 QB Portal Thread

Paladin

Just now, ellitor said:

No it can't be all the WRs fault but if they had caught their passes he would have had a couple games over 80% completions and a few others that would have been better than 70%. Pretty sure Hugh feels he can work with that if he had  competent WR play.

Your better than this .. U can't look at the games against good competition and honestly believe that there aren't better options in the portal. Did he even throw for 150 yds against any SEC team not named Vandy?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Was it that far along with RL and AU?

Per Hoke & the info Bird got before Hoke posted it, yes.

25 minutes ago, woodford said:

Agreed. Hope he can graduate early and transfer again if he has enough eligibility left. 

2024 is his last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Agree.  I think HF already knows who our Portal QB is.

He did at 1 time. He's had to pivot. Not sure he knows yet.

45 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Talent can make up for that yr. To me PT just ain't got "it". We gotta be able to have a functioning pass game to beat Bama, Ole Miss, GA etc. I saw no signs of that this yr. It can't be all the WR fault.

What do you think led to PT’s decline as a passer at AU relative to his success at MSU?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Your better than this .. U can't look at the games against good competition and honestly believe that there aren't better options in the portal. Did he even throw for 150 yds against any SEC team not named Vandy?

I didn't say there wasn't. But I think you are underestimating the advantage he will have over most of them already being in our system for a year. Hugh is very confident PT will be markedly better in year 2.

As for the 150 yards statement, how many drops were in those games? A bit hyperbole here but too many to count.

• Like 1

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

What do you think led to PT’s decline as a passer at AU relative to his success at MSU?

Better competition . I didn't follow him at Mich St. I'm not saying we had world beaters at WR. But I don't see how anyone thinks PT will lead us to more than 7 wins. What other school in the SEC would PT start at?

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Same can be said bout PT improving 

Maybe but Hugh has forgotten a lot more about QB play than you or I will ever know combined.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I didn't say there wasn't. But I think you are underestimating the advantage he will have over most of them already being in our system for a year. Hugh is very confident PT will be markedly better in year 2.

As for the 150 yards statement, how many drops were in those games? A bit hyperbole here but too many to count.

There was a stat during the Vandy game that said game that said something to the effect AU was 4th or 5th best in the country in regards to dropped passes

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm sure he does,  but he isn't above being critiqued. 

That's true. With his QB track record at Ole Miss & Liberty he has earned my trust for now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

That's true. With his QB track record at Ole Miss & Liberty he has earned my trust for now.

Are u of the opinion if we don't get Leonard,  we just gonna ride w PT?

4 hours ago, Paladin said:

Hope he finds success in lacrosse.

Found a Lacrosse home, same as his old Football home.

Edited by Paladin

34 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

There was a stat during the Vandy game that said game that said something to the effect AU was 4th or 5th best in the country in regards to dropped passes

That mean most drops or least?

22 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not E but no!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He did at 1 time. He's had to pivot. Not sure he knows yet.

My gut says yes. Just a gut feeling.

35 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not without continuing to look no.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Least 

If true it's because we didn't throw the ball much. As for passed dropped per passes attempted we have to be pretty high.

• Like 1