So who do you think will make top 4 playoff spots...

bishoptf

24 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Whether FSU wins or not, they're not getting in over Alabama. This is if Michigan wins over Iowa. It's about matchups and TV ratings and FSU is boring as hell without Jordan Travis. The SEC is a machine that's way bigger than the ACC.

If Michigan wins, it will no doubt be:

1) Michigan

2) Washington

3) Texas

4) Alabama

This way you don't get a Texas vs Bama rematch and you also get a Harbaugh vs Saban storyline in the semifinals.

They won't keep an undefeated fsu out

• Like 3

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Like I said bama in 2017 wasn't even in the SEC champ game and got in playoff

Yeah, understand I thought that was crap also..the conference championship games should mean something, otherwise why play them. But ya know it's bama...smdh

I hate Alabama and I said early in the season that Saban's dynasty was over and he would lose 3 or more this season. They lost by 10 at home to Texas, struggled mightily at South Florida, barely beat Arkansas in Tuscaloosa but somehow they went 9-0 in the SEC. I thought Tommy Rees was an average OC and for once Saban seemed to not have a QB that could win a big game. I was wrong. This may be Saban's best coaching job ever. The Bama O-Line, WR's, QB's and secondary seemed very average at the start of the season even though they are all 4 or 5 stars. They've gotten alot better as the season has progressed and that's coaching, plain and simple.

Saban's 9-1 in the SECCG while at Bama. 2008 versus Urban/Tebow was his only loss. He's 11-1 in SECCG when you count his LSU tenure. He's 206-28 at Alabama. WTF?? He's 8-1 versus Georgia while at Alabama. This is Alabama's 30th SEC Title. Who is closest to that? Florida? 

Also, has anybody noticed that Bowlcut sucks in SEC Title games? He is 2-4 in SECCG. He beat us in 2017 and LSU in 2022 but lost to Bama in 2018, 2021 and 2023 and LSU in 2019. And believe it or not, there's UGA fans on social media saying Bowlcut chokes and that he won't get past Alabama until Saban leaves/dies in office. Bowlcut did beat Saban in 2021 Natty but has lost all the others.

7 hours ago, bishoptf said:

Washington is in for sure, and now you have Texas with one loss...but this is going to be one of those years that you really need more teams since there really is no way to know with all the one loss teams who is really better...glad this is the last year for this since it really is another subjective guess.

Washington is in...leaving 3 spots, more fall out with games left to play. I will say this, how you could allow Bama (if they win) to get in but not Texas is beyond me..just my opinion...

Going to 12 won't solve anything. Because then you'll have people complaining that 13th and 14th should've gotten in. Look at the NCAA Tourney. It was 32 and then 64. Teams complained because they didn't get in at 63 or 64 so the NCAA went to 68 and now teams and fans complain that 69 and 70 should get in. It won't stop the complaining no matter how many teams get in.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Yeah, understand I thought that was crap also..the conference championship games should mean something, otherwise why play them. But ya know it's bama...smdh

They won that Natty too in 2017. They won the 2011 Natty and didn't win the West that year either.

6 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

After starting at #4, If fsu wins and doesn’t get in - I can’t imagine the chaos.

According to the committee it's supposed to be "who are the best teams right now." 

Alot of people say the conference champions should always get in but there's 5 major conferences so that squashes that arguement. Also, for those that think the conference champ should get in, what if Okie State would have won today. Should a 10-3 Okie State get in over a 1 loss Ohio State or Georgia that didn't win their conference?

Tbh, Georgia could play any of these top 5 or 6 teams and beat them more times than not. Georgia hasn't lost a home game since 2019. They haven't lost a regular season game since 2020 I think? Georgia just met up with a hot Bama team right now and Bowlcut sucks against Saban.

Edited by TeamZero77

1 minute ago, TeamZero77 said:

According to the committee it's supposed to be "who are the best teams right now." 

Alot of people say the conference champions should always get in but there's 5 major conferences so that squashes that arguement. Also, for those that think the conference champ should get in, what if Okie State would have won today. Should a 10-3 Okie State get in over a 1 loss Ohio State or Georgia that didn't win their conference?

Understand. If so then just get rid of the committee and let Vegas with their software/ AI  and analytics pick the top 4. 

Please keep Bama out of the 4 Team playoff. I hate pulling for FSU, but I hate Bama more.

Edited by WVR
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

Whether FSU wins or not, they're not getting in over Alabama. This is if Michigan wins over Iowa. It's about matchups and TV ratings and FSU is boring as hell without Jordan Travis. The SEC is a machine that's way bigger than the ACC.

If Michigan wins, it will no doubt be:

1) Michigan

2) Washington

3) Texas

4) Alabama

This way you don't get a Texas vs Bama rematch and you also get a Harbaugh vs Saban storyline in the semifinals.

You could get the Texas Bama rematch in the Championship game.

• Like 1

3 teams with a good argument and 2 slots. The nightmare scenario for the committee has occurred. We shall see tomorrow.

59 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

After starting at #4, If fsu wins and doesn’t get in - I can’t imagine the chaos.

Agreed. FSU beats a number 13 team in their conference  champ game by 10 points and drop in the polls? Don't see that happening 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

How about "No" on that one. 

bama doesn't deserve to be in the playoff in the first place. They didn't deserve to be in the NC game in 2011 (January 2012) either for a rematch against LSU that nobody wanted to see. So sick of the "we deserve to be there because we're bama" stuff. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Exactly which IMHO is stuuuuuupid...why do I want to see that game again. I'm sorry but making a team beat you twice is just pure crap. So Bama wins the second time and is crowned champion, can't make this stuff up...I don't like it when teams get second chances against a team they already lost too...pretty lame.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Exactly which IMHO is stuuuuuupid...why do I want to see that game again. I'm sorry but making a team beat you twice is just pure crap. So Bama wins the second time and is crowned champion, can't make this stuff up...I don't like it when teams get second chances against a team they already lost too...pretty lame.

Dude, get out of my head. 🤣

Pretty unusual for the CFP committee to basically be picking 4 teams from the 5 P5 Champions, all of which are either undefeated or one-loss. Best 4 teams among those 5 are Bama, Texas, Michigan, and Washington. But with precedent in play, it will be:

1. Michigan

2. Washington

3. Texas

4. FSU

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So who do you think will make top 4 playoff spots...

Michigan, Washington, FSU, Bammer.

While I agree that Bama beating UGA far trumps Texas beating Ok State, I just can’t imagine the committee dismissing the UAT-UT head to head result in favor of the Bammzos.

9 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

UGA has no case to be in.

There is one but it’s iffy. No #1 has ever lost in the conf championship  and not made the playoffs.  Also the “4 best” logic. But I agree, they’re a long shot. 

Kirby saying "It's not the most deserving, it's the best 4 teams" (he's quoting someone on the committee).

What a bunch of garbage. All that does is makes it subjective.

We could have beaten bama (1 play in the game decided the winner, ultimately), and they still could have beaten uga today. Would they still deserve the playoff? 

• Like 2