So who do you think will make top 4 playoff spots...

bishoptf

Turds ranked #5 in AP poll.

The AP poll, in regards to what four teams have gotten in, has yet to be different from the final CFP poll.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Assuming both UGA and Alabama are eliminated, I'd hate to be the teams that have to face them in their respective bowl games.  They will be playing inferior teams, and won't have any mercy in trying to make a statement.

Not so fast as Corso would say. UGA and Bama tend to lay eggs in these spots. OSU and Oregon with Bo would be good games. However, I think Bo sits out.

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

Not so fast as Corso would say. UGA and Bama tend to lay eggs in these spots. OSU and Oregon with Bo would be good games. However, I think Bo sits iuy

I would wager if Oregon plays Bama that Bo plays. 

12 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Which is more impressive, winning the Big 12 or winning the SEC?

U can’t make this argument because the Big 12 champ beat the Sec champ on their own field

Edited by e808
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Assuming both UGA and Alabama are eliminated, I'd hate to be the teams that have to face them in their respective bowl games.  They will be playing inferior teams, and won't have any mercy in trying to make a statement.

I think it's the other way around. 

bama might face Oregon, and uga might face PSU. Those teams will come in with an edge, wanting to prove themselves.

On the other hand, bama and uga could be flat. Happens all the time. Look at 2017 when Auburn had to settle for a UCF game. Look at bama vs Utah, etc. 

19 minutes ago, AUwent said:

While I did pick UAT, with regards to teh whole "four BEST teams" debate, of course they're going to say four best teams.

It's crazy how this is really only the second time it's been this uncertain in the ten years when it would've probably been the case almost every year in the BCS era. Just one instance, 2004...the same Texas vs. UAT vs. FSU debate would've applied to Texas, Cal and Utah (respectively).

Was Auburn one of the "best 4 teams" in 2017, when we got left out? (because we had 3 losses: AT #1 seed Clemson, AT ranked LSU, rematch in SECCG vs uga in Atlanta)

Meanwhile, bama (who we beat) got to sit at home and rest, and sneaks in as #4 seed and wins it all. 

Edited by yngwie1995
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Was Auburn one of the "best 4 teams" in 2017, when we got left out? (because we had 3 losses: AT #1 seed Clemson, AT ranked LSU, rematch in SECCG vs uga in Atlanta)

Meanwhile, bama (who we beat) got to sit at home and rest, and sneaks in as #4 seed and wins it all. 

Forget about the LSU and SECCG games. What would've happened if we had played an easier OOC opponent? While I do think UAT *deserves* it here, if the AP poll is accurate once more, this would be well-overdue karma for 2017.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

That's subjective as well. It's not exactly like the SEC was some juggernaut this year. 

When the Big 12 Champion BEAT the SEC Champion (at Tuscaloosa), I'd say Big 12 was more impressive.

• Like 1

I can't wait to hear Paul Finebama throw a tantrum if UA gets left out.  He'll come apart.

• Like 1

If Boo Corrigan talks about game control and Bama lack their of against AU as part of the reason Bama don't get in. The meltdown will be epic and glorious 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Speaking of 12-team playoff, I think it should be 16-team. 

Not really fair for one team to sit at home and rest, while others have to play tough games. 

See: bama in 2017 (sits at home while Auburn has rematch with uga), bama in 2011 (doesn't win the West, but still gets a rematch with LSU), etc

4 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

When the Big 12 Champion BEAT the SEC Champion (at Tuscaloosa), I'd say Big 12 was more impressive.

You are comparing different things. Teams get better as the season goes on (2013 Auburn). The questions is, which is more impressive winning the Big 12 or the SEC? Put another way, who has the more impressive body of work? I’m not saying it’s Bama (not saying it’s not). 

Edited by sevenlee36

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Speaking of 12-team playoff, I think it should be 16-team. 

Not really fair for one team to sit at home and rest, while others have to play tough games. 

See: bama in 2017 (sits at home while Auburn has rematch with uga), bama in 2011 (doesn't win the West, but still gets a rematch with LSU), etc

Devil's advocate: I like it better than 16. Still makes the regular season important by breaking it up into three tiers. I do think that three of the first round games and two of the quarterfinals should be on campus, though. The NY6 games rotate as 8v9 first round game, quarterfinals which 3 and 4 earn automatic bids to, semifinals and the NC (the 24 and 25 NCs are at NY6 sites anyways).

Edited by AUwent

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

You are comparing different things. The questions is, which is more impressive winning the Big 12 or the SEC? Put another way, who has the more impressive body of work? I’m not saying it’s Bama (not saying it’s not). 

Bama's win over UGA is the highest quality win in the country this year.  That makes Texas' win over Bama the 2nd highest quality win, IMO.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, e808 said:

Not so fast as Corso would say. UGA and Bama tend to lay eggs in these spots. OSU and Oregon with Bo would be good games. However, I think Bo sits iuy

No way he sits that one out. I'm assuming he HATES bama as much as any other Auburn fan. No way you pass up an opportunity to beat them, and let the rest of your team down and watch them lose. No way I'd sit that one out. That would drive me CRAZY watching my team lose, knowing I could be in there playing. 

• Like 1

They just said the committee can evaluate the injury or changes in coaches, in determining their decision. 

The convenient decision is to put in FSU. The last spot is still subjective but there is a Texas lean there.

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

No way he sits that one out. I'm assuming he HATES bama as much as any other Auburn fan. No way you pass up an opportunity to beat them, and let the rest of your team down and watch them lose. No way I'd sit that one out. That would drive me CRAZY watching my team lose, knowing I could be in there playing. 

I agree.  But I wonder, what if he gets blitzed by Alabama the way he got blitzed by Georgia (at Oregon)?

Personally, I don't think Bo would have near the success playing against SEC defenses as he has had playing against Oregon's opponents.

1 minute ago, WillMunny said:

Bama's win over UGA is the highest quality win in the country this year.  That makes Texas' win over Bama the 2nd highest quality win, IMO.

That’s moving the goal post to fit a narrative . Texas didn’t play UGA. What we do know is Texas beat Alabama in TTown straight up. That should carry more weight. 

Just now, e808 said:

That’s moving the goal post to fit a narrative . Texas didn’t play UGA. What we do know is Texas beat Alabama in TTown straight up. That should carry more weight. 

Not saying you're wrong; just saying that Bama's win was the best win in the country this year.  That will not be lost on the Committee, although it may not save Bama.

Just now, WillMunny said:

Not saying you're wrong; just saying that Bama's win was the best win in the country this year.  That will not be lost on the Committee, although it may not save Bama.

I don't think uga is as good as advertised this year. They're pretty banged up. 

1 minute ago, WillMunny said:

U right with the earlier post. It’s back to the BCS days. An Auburn or UGA win and all of this could have been avoided 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Which is more impressive, winning the Big 12 or winning the SEC?

In this case an undefeated conference champion with a solid power 5 win (LSU) vs a one loss SEC champion with a power 5 loss (Texas) …I take FSU. Not to mention the BIG 12 champ beat the SEC champ on their field by 10.

Edited by PoetTiger