So who do you think will make top 4 playoff spots...

bishoptf

10 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

You are comparing different things. Teams get better as the season goes on (2013 Auburn). The questions is, which is more impressive winning the Big 12 or the SEC? Put another way, who has the more impressive body of work? I’m not saying it’s Bama (not saying it’s not). 

Head 2 head should matter no matter when they play. If all else is equal that is

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

In this case an undefeated conference champion with a solid power 5 win (LSU) vs a one loss SEC champion with a power 5 loss (Texas) …I take FSU. 

Who has a better chance of winning in the playoff? FSU or Texas/Bama/Georgia. Would we had won the NC without Cam?

Edited by sevenlee36

11 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Speaking of 12-team playoff, I think it should be 16-team. 

Not really fair for one team to sit at home and rest, while others have to play tough games. 

See: bama in 2017 (sits at home while Auburn has rematch with uga), bama in 2011 (doesn't win the West, but still gets a rematch with LSU), etc

Completely agree.  I believe 16 teams is optimum & fair to all.  No byes to any team.  

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Who has a better chance of winning in the playoff? FSU or Texas/Bama/Georgia. Would we had won the NC without Cam?

Probably not? But nobody knows. But if he got knocked out in the SECCG, would Auburn still not deserve to play in it? Of course they would.

1 minute ago, AUloggerhead said:

Washington.

I'm not so sure that Texas is not the best team, at least defensively. 

They constantly pressured Milroe. Something nobody else has seemed to be able to do since. 

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Probably not? But nobody knows. But if he got knocked out in the SECCG, would Auburn still not deserve to play in it? Of course they would.

They had “deserved” it, but would have lost (likely). That’s why we have a committee to take the computer out of it and have some subjectivity to account for these things.

Edited by sevenlee36

5 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

They had “deserved” it, but would have lost (likely). That’s why we have a committee to take the computer out of it and have some subjectivity to account for these things.

So u penalized the rest of the team that also played a part in winning the games because one player is hurt. Travis is a piece not the entire team. 

Just now, e808 said:

So u penalized the rest of the team that also played a part in winning the games because one player is hurt. Travis is a piece not the entire team. 

Yes, if my goal is to put the best four teams in that will have a chance of winning in the playoff. They use to leave out the “fly in the ointment” type teams all the time. 

4 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Yes, if my goal is to put the best four teams in that will have a chance of winning in the playoff. They use to leave out the “fly in the ointment” type teams all the time. 

But that’s the thing, there are no fly in the ointment teams this year…..it’s definitely not Texas or FSU.

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

If Clemson was 13-0, this would not even be a debate…since it is FSU some have questions. FSU put in work and rebuilt their program over the past 5/6 years. Now they are in the position to benefit from it and the rug is about to be snatched right from under them. As for Texas they are a conference champion who beat Bama in their own house. No way Bama should get Texas spot….

Point of the day. 

Odd way of looking at it, but who has the “worse” loss? Texas or Alabama?

You also have to consider Bama was still figuring out their team when they lost to Texas. Milroe wasn’t even the solidified starter and I think he was back up the next week. They got better and are now one of the four best. 

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

Watching this show. This whole thing is stupid. All of these teams arguing for their spot. 

Sure would have been nice if we were in this position during the CFP era but yeah we didn't sniff it. Anyways....my prediction:

Michigan

Washington

Texas

UGA

• Like 1

Michigan

Washington

Texas

FSU - you don't leave out an undefeated team. I don't care about the circumstance. 

I'm ready for the Bama and UGA melt!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

Sure would have been nice if we were in this position during the CFP era but yeah we didn't sniff it. Anyways....my prediction:

Michigan

Washington

Texas

UGA

I think FSU over uga. I don't think uga makes it without bama making it in.

But uga over bama would still be hilarious. 🤣

Not going to listen to any of it….the words being thrown out “deserving”, “best 4”, “who would win in a head to head “, is all BS.    Is just a matter of someone’s opinion.   Why don’t we go back to voting?   It’s the same thing,  except now you play an extra game.    

• Like 1

Just now, aubaseball said:

Not going to listen to any of it….the words being thrown out “deserving”, “best 4”, “who would win in a head to head “, is all BS.    Is just a matter of someone’s opinion.   Why don’t we go back to voting?   It’s the same thing,  except now you play an extra game.    

Just do the whole thing NFL style (somehow?). No "eye test", no "deserving", no BS. 

• Like 1

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

Just do the whole thing NFL style (somehow?). No "eye test", no "deserving", no BS. 

It's time for college football to just go ahead and rip the band-aid off...the NFL-ization of CFB is pretty much complete.

Set up some re-realigned conferences and divisions, figure out a 12 game schedule with no FCS/1-AA filler, make a 16-team playoff and be done with it.

• Like 1