So who do you think will make top 4 playoff spots...

bishoptf

Washington is in for sure, and now you have Texas with one loss...but this is going to be one of those years that you really need more teams since there really is no way to know with all the one loss teams who is really better...glad this is the last year for this since it really is another subjective guess.

Washington is in...leaving 3 spots, more fall out with games left to play. I will say this, how you could allow Bama (if they win) to get in but not Texas is beyond me..just my opinion...

UGA is in regardless.

1. UGA 2. Michigan 3. Washington 4. FSU/OSU

Bama is out regardless I think, so is Texas. I mean could put TX in if FSU loses but media darling OSU sitting right there and they'll say their only loss to a undefeated Michigan team beats Texas loss to OU.

2 hours ago, clwn said:

UGA is in regardless.

1. UGA 2. Michigan 3. Washington 4. FSU/OSU

Bama is out regardless I think, so is Texas. I mean could put TX in if FSU loses but media darling OSU sitting right there and they'll say their only loss to a undefeated Michigan team beats Texas loss to OU.

Media darling OSU? Have you heard the sexual groans from every talking head there is over bammer today? It’s laughable.

Washington - IN

Michigan - IN (if they beat Iowa)

That leaves 2 spots for: uga, bama, FSU, tOSU, Texas

I think Texas trumps bama. Both 1-loss conference champs, and Texas has the HTH advantage.

If FSU wins, they're in, as an undefeated conference champ? Or do they get snubbed for an SEC school?

Heck, I don't even know. Does uga make it in? Or does bama? 

I think tOSU is out.

4 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Washington - IN

Michigan - IN (if they beat Iowa)

That leaves 2 spots for: uga, bama, FSU, tOSU, Texas

I think Texas trumps bama. Both 1-loss conference champs, and Texas has the HTH advantage.

If FSU wins, they're in, as an undefeated conference champ? Or do they get snubbed for an SEC school?

Heck, I don't even know. Does uga make it in? Or does bama? 

I think tOSU is out.

I think Ohio State deserves a second chance.....just saying.

thUGA should be out.

Always thought the conference championship games were the first round of the playoffs.

If you can't win your conference, shouldn't be in the discussion for the NC.

• Like 3

Just now, AUGoo said:

thUGA should be out.

Always thought the conference championship games were the first round of the playoffs.

You know, it's such a toss-up between uga and bama. Only fair solution would be to leave out both. 

If things go right tonight, it should be: Michigan, Washington, Texas, FSU

• Like 3

If there were set rules then it would be (assuming the favorites win):

Michigan

Washington

FSU

Texas

But since it’s a crony a$$ sport that is ran by ESPN it’ll have Alabama regardless of what FSU does. 

• Sad 1

realistically, I think Bama winning the SEC championship and having only 1 loss to another top team will give them an edge over even a potentially undefeated FSU that’s played a fairly easy schedule and is out it’s star QB. 
FSU is the only top team that hasn’t beaten a real ‘elite’ team. 

im thinking:

1. Michigan 

2. Washington 

3. Texas

4. Alabama

Edited by CoffeeTiger

23 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

thUGA should be out.

Bama begs to differ

• Sad 1

How can they leave UGA out? Back-to-Back titles, undefeated season (29 straight wins) only loss is by 3pts to #8 team in Conference title game and you're going to drop them out of it and prevent a shot at a three peat? That's just crazy honestly. As I said previous, UGA should be in regardless. And it pains me to say that cause I hate UGA lol.

Bama should be out regardless of winning. Texas killed their hopes. I imagine the SEC champ will be left out first time and it will cue the "see this is why expanding to 12 teams" blah blah stories. If FSU loses, Texas would be or should be in over Bama. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, clwn said:

How can they leave UGA out? Back-to-Back titles, undefeated season (29 straight wins) only loss is by 3pts to #8 team in Conference title game and you're going to drop them out of it and prevent a shot at a three peat? That's just crazy honestly. As I said previous, UGA should be in regardless. And it pains me to say that cause I hate UGA lol.

Bama should be out regardless of winning. Texas killed their hopes. I imagine the SEC champ will be left out first time and it will cue the "see this is why expanding to 12 teams" blah blah stories. If FSU loses, Texas would be or should be in over Bama. 

I think it’s certainly possible they’ll keep UGA in. The reason I think it'll be Bama is because the committee has been valuing head to head results highly in terms of rankings, which is the reason they say they’ve kept Texas in front of Alabama the whole time. 

UGAs benefit though is that they only lost by 3 on a neutral field whereas Bama lost by more at home, so I wouldn’t be shocked if they do keep UGA in.   

There is no way they take UGA barring a Michigan loss, which ain't likely.  They won't leave out an undefeated FSU, although everyone knows without Travis they aren't a top team.  It's Michigan, Washington, Texas and Bama/FSU.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Nobody mentioned Oh St. A 6pt loss on the road to the new number 1 team. Precedent is bama got in 2017 and didn't play in sec Champ game

Bama is SEC champ 

Texas beat Bama 

So, think those two get in. FSU could lose. Even if they win, since they are on the 3rd QB they will likely not be considered 1 of the 4 best. Fun to think about. We shall see.

Whether FSU wins or not, they're not getting in over Alabama. This is if Michigan wins over Iowa. It's about matchups and TV ratings and FSU is boring as hell without Jordan Travis. The SEC is a machine that's way bigger than the ACC.

If Michigan wins, it will no doubt be:

1) Michigan

2) Washington

3) Texas

4) Alabama

This way you don't get a Texas vs Bama rematch and you also get a Harbaugh vs Saban storyline in the semifinals.

Edited by TeamZero77

58 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Nobody mentioned Oh St. A 6pt loss on the road to the new number 1 team. Precedent is bama got in 2017 and didn't play in sec Champ game

I'm a big if you didnt even go to your championship game then you should not even be in the conversation...why even have them if your just going to ignore them, they couldnt lose today since they didnt even play.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

I'm a big if you didnt even go to your championship game then you should not even be in the conversation...why even have them if your just going to ignore them, they couldnt lose today since they didnt even play.

Like I said bama in 2017 wasn't even in the SEC champ game and got in playoff