So who do you think will make top 4 playoff spots...

bishoptf

To repeat what I posted last night, I think it will be Michigan, Washington, FSU and, sadly, bammer. The Turds have too much street cred and their win over thUGA is fresh on everyone's mind. I don't believe the Texas win back in September will carry that much weight and there's no way an undefeated P5 conference champ (FSU) gets left out. I'm hoping Texas gets the fourth spot but if I was betting, my money would be on Saban's luck.

7 hours ago, e808 said:

She has no case IMO. It’s very difficult to go undefeated and win ur conference. FSU did what needed to be done and should be in period. Back up or not

Let me clarify. She was projecting what she thought the committee would do based on the metrics they use. Nobody will be happier than me if Bama gets left out, but I think she is right.  It's not fair to FSU at all, and the answer is to expand the playoff. But you have 3 deserving teams and 2 slots so somebody gets left out.  Her projection showed Georgia 5 and FSU 6. 

4 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Let me clarify. She was projecting what she thought the committee would do based on the metrics they use. Nobody will be happier than me if Bama gets left out, but I think she is right.  It's not fair to FSU at all, and the answer is to expand the playoff. But you have 3 deserving teams and 2 slots so somebody gets left out.  Her projection showed Georgia 5 and FSU 6. 

So by her rationale of what the committee will do... FSU beats the number 13 team by 10 pts in their conference champ game and their reward is dropping 2 spots in the rankings.  She makes no sense 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2

Bammer rose up and beat A GA team with at least 4 starters hurt or limited. Bama beat a terrible Arky team by 3 at home. Needed a miracle to be us last week. Got beat by 10 at home to TX. Gotta take all that into consideration.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

Yep. If bama was on their 3rd string QB and won a close one against Louisville, they'd all be praising bama's grit and perseverance. 

Don’t forget, bama played their 2nd and 3rd string QBs against South Florida and only won 17-3. I think if the committee does some deep non-bias comparison , the SEC won’t be represented in the playoff this year. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I get it they want the best alleged matches. FSU did what they needed to do and deserve a spot. I am pretty sure they can’t do any worse than TCU did in the championship game.

• Like 1

This will be the first time in the playoffs era that a head-to-head result will likely be used to decide a spot.

This is (I think) the first time there were three undefeated Power 5 conference champions in the playoffs era. That is working against Georgia...they could afford a loss in 2021, but not this year.

Florida State getting left out in favor of not one, but two one-loss teams would be an admission that objective results don't matter, and whoever it was that said UGA, Alabama or Texas would all get the benefit of the doubt and be praised for their grit in the face of adversity if they were in FSU's spot is right on.

All of that said, I won't be totally surprised if FSU gets bumped because of a perceived inability to beat any of the other three teams. It wouldn't be the right thing to do, imo, but it wouldn't be a shock.

Edited by SLAG-91

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So by her rationale of what the committee will do... FSU beats the number 13 team by 10 pts in their conference champ game and their reward is dropping 2 spots in the rankings.  She makes no sense 

Great point. Won their ACC Championship game with a third string QB making his first start. 

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Great point. Won their ACC Championship game with a third string QB making his first start. 

Many argue that without Travis they aren’t a top 4 team. I think FSU, Texas, Alabama, and Georgia all have a case. But so did Auburn in 2004 so I have empathy but no sympathy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Most impressive win goes to Alabama. Take off those orange colored glasses

Which win was that? The one that relied on horrible officiating? That one "catch" was not a catch.

BTW, uga is not that great this year. They're pretty beat up. Undefeated before the SECCG, sure. But why doesn't FSU get the same credit for actually winning all of their games?

Edited by yngwie1995
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Most impressive win goes to Alabama. Take off those orange colored glasses

An undefeated team trumps that. Alabama rarely has an undefeated season but finds a way to back into the playoffs or championship game

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Many argue that without Travis they aren’t a top 4 team. I think FSU, Texas, Alabama, and Georgia all have a case. But so did Auburn in 2004 so I have empathy but no sympathy. 

So if Milroe tore his ACL last night at the end of the game, does bama still deserve to be in the CFP? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yngwie1995 said:

Which win was that? The one that relied on horrible referee calls? That one "catch" was not a catch.

BTW, uga is not that great this year. They're pretty beat up. Undefeated before the SECCG, sure. But why doesn't FSU get the same credit for actually winning all of their games?

Would the same team today had gone undefeated without Travis? 

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

So if Milroe tore his ACL last night at the end of the game, does bama still deserve to be in the CFP? 

They wouldn’t be one of the four best imo

Just now, e808 said:

An undefeated trumps that. Alabama rarely has an undefeated season but finds a way to back into the playoffs or championship game

Yep. And give Saban a month to prepare (with all that talent) and he'll find a way to win. And then it's "See! They DO deserve to be there!" But if bama had lost to Auburn (1 play decided whether they're a 1-loss or 2-loss team), they're still the same team that they are now. Nobody would still be saying they're "the best" though, except them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Would the same team today had gone undefeated without Travis? 

Most likely no. But do you keep them out for what "would" (or could) have happened? Bottom line is that they went 13-0.

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

An undefeated team trumps that. Alabama rarely has an undefeated season but finds a way to back into the playoffs or championship game

Could fsu without Travis be able to beat Texas, Alabama, or Georgia in your opinion?

1 minute ago, yngwie1995 said:

Most likely no. But do you keep them out for what "would" (or could) have happened? Bottom line is that they went 13-0.

They are swaying the narrative as it’s about the “four best teams” not the “four most deserving “. I say follow the money.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

To repeat what I posted last night, I think it will be Michigan, Washington, FSU and, sadly, bammer. The Turds have too much street cred and their win over thUGA is fresh on everyone's mind. I don't beMilieve the Texas win back in September will carry that much weight and there's no way an undefeated P5 conference champ (FSU) gets left out. I'm hoping Texas gets the fourth spot but if I was betting, my money would be on Saban's luck.

Michigan, Washington, FSU and Texas in that order. Texas is ranked ahead of Alabama. No drama here. 

• Like 1