So who do you think will make top 4 playoff spots...

bishoptf

bama AD whining saying that “If we would have played a Group of Five game instead it Texas, there’d be no debate right now.”

Well, what's the incentive for Texas to schedule a tough OOC game, if winning it means nothing? 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, yngwie1995 said:

bama AD whining saying that “If we would have played a Group of Five game instead it Texas, there’d be no debate right now.”

Well, what's the incentive for Texas to schedule a tough OOC game, if winning it means nothing? 🙄

So basically he’s blaming the athletic department…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, yngwie1995 said:

U just gonna hearba bunch of pontificating until tomorrow at noon. Like a bunch of politicians.  It's like watching CSpan

• Like 3

I don't like the talk of it being the first time an SEC team would not get in like the SEC has a guaranteed spot.  I think someone outside the SEC should win it this year because once we get to the playoff expansion and there are more SEC teams in then others won't likely win it often or ever. No SEC is the best way to end the 4 team playoff era.

Michigan

Washington

FSU

Texas

In that order

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aubie17 said:

I don't like the talk of it being the first time an SEC team would not get in like the SEC has a guaranteed spot.  I think someone outside the SEC should win it this year because once we get to the playoff expansion and there are more SEC teams in then others won't likely win it often or ever. No SEC is the best way to end the 4 team playoff era.

Michigan

Washington

FSU

Texas

In that order

A playoff without uga and bama would be incredible. LOL. 

Such a breath of fresh air.

• Like 4

Just now, PigskinPat said:

ESPN put up this graphic a little while ago. Not sure how they are determining this….

IMG_9190.jpeg

Has a number one team dropped out of the top four in a close loss to a supposedly very good team? 

12 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

image.png

Sweet baby Jesus I hope this happens! I want to see Bama and UGA melt. UGA feels they still have a case as well. But I'm sure the committee will leave out FSU and put Bama in. 

I'm not a "Go SEC" person if it relates to Bama and UGA. These are the 4 i want in. I don't agree with changing the way things are done the last year of the 4 team playoff. Don't start setting presidents now by leaving out an undefeated team! I don't care about the situation. It's hard as hell to go undefeated in college football. 

3 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

ESPN put up this graphic a little while ago. Not sure how they are determining this….

IMG_9190.jpeg

Anything that keeps Bama out is fine by me. I’d rather see Texas but UGA is fine too. 

4 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

IMG_9190.jpeg

This was the same list and a similar percentage after the Mich game. But yet all the so called experts left FSU out and put Bama in.

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Anything that keeps Bama out is fine by me. I’d rather see Texas but UGA is fine too. 

UGA is done. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

In *all* fairness, he's probably referring to FSU.

ESPN's Heather Dinich makes a pretty good case for Meatchicken, Washington, Texas, and Bama in that order. Sadly, I think she probably nailed it.  At least this year justifies the expansion to 12.

Edited by Cardin Drake

16 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

ESPN's Heather Dinich makes a pretty good case for Meatchicken, Washington, Texas, and Bama in that order. Sadly, I think she probably nailed it.  At least this year justifies the expansion to 12.

She has no case IMO. It’s very difficult to go undefeated and win ur conference. FSU did what needed to be done and should be in period. Back up or not

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, e808 said:

She has no case IMO. It’s very difficult to go undefeated and win ur conference. FSU did what needed to be done and should be in period. Back up or not

Ten years of precedence for it. 
But you know, it’s time to change precedence for the mahty tahd!

35 minutes ago, AUwent said:

In *all* fairness, he's probably referring to FSU.

What? He's saying that if they had scheduled a cupcake instead of Texas, they'd be undefeated right now.

14 minutes ago, e808 said:

Yep. If bama was on their 3rd string QB and won a close one against Louisville, they'd all be praising bama's grit and perseverance. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, e808 said:

Ohio St won a national championship with a backup QB. Why does it matter now? It matters now to many because it would mean the SEC would get left out. And let's not forget that it took a miracle play by Bama to beat us! A win is a win but Auburn dominated that game until the last few seconds. 

• Like 4

The more I think about it the more I’m agreeing with those saying the committee will be more likely to stick to the precedence of not leaving out an undefeated P5 champ, and will pick the most ‘deserving’ over the ‘best’ teams, which will mean no SEC in this years playoffs. 

Michigan 

Washington

FSU

Texas

please please please. The meltdown would be epic

ESPN loves Saban and Bama, so I'm betting they get it---hope I'm wrong. though. It wasn't too many years ago Bama was selected even though then not only didn't win the conference, they didn't even play for the conference championship. I'm thinking Michigan, Washington, Texas, and Bama. 

8 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

A playoff without uga and bama would be incredible. LOL. 

Such a breath of fresh air.

Don't worry. If bama don't get in they will still claim the national title this year. It's how they roll...Their 538th national title. Printed t-shirts. The whole shebang 

• Like 2