AU vs. Maryland in Nashville for Music City Bowl

RunInRed

14 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Great now they gotta face the backup 🙄

My first thought as I posted it.

On 12/16/2023 at 4:56 AM, Hank2020 said:

Unfortunately, we will not have some of our best players. I am worried about the players not being invested, not the coaches. You are correct that the coaches failed on a few games this year, but also came through in others.

Which ones did they come through on that Auburn wasn’t the favorite?

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Not a huge surprise. Probably wants some info on how he grades out. One of the benefits of NiL is he can stay at Auburn and get paid. I think her benefit draft stock wise from one more year given that he started so slow. And because money is now not an emergency, I’m betting he stays. 

Folks, I have 2 superb tickets to the bowl game.  Roughly 50 yard line.  I think it’s section 112.  Row Y.  Seats 21&22.    Looks like circumstances make it so that I cannot go.  I paid $620 total but would be willing to give someone a great deal.   

• Like 1

Interesting articles out this week re 14 bowls - including Music City - allowing helmet & other traditionally forbidden (in college) coach to player wireless communications. We're not using it, Maryland is. SEC is considering it going forward. In light of Freeze's statement this season that he stays out of some of the O because he isn't on top of Montgomerys signal system(!), seems we'd benefit tremendously by this technology. IMHO. Apparently everybody's not sold on the helmet microphone safety yet (NFL is not your player safety poster child) but we can all thank signal-stealing-tools Michigan for advancing a discussion that might benefit us. 

• Like 1

Saw a headline that AU is going with 64 scholarship players.

With opting out and portal entry, the bowl games have become more of a preseason game for next year.  We will be forced to play the little known players just to have enough bodies on the field.  Makes it kind of interesting and kind of disappointing.

• Like 1

Proud to see the crowd tonight on the strip. Can't wait for tomorrow.  Brought my son. It will be both of our first time going to bowl game. Went all out with first row seats on AU side. 

Hope all the transfers and opt-outs dont ruin it

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Saw a headline that AU is going with 64 scholarship players.

With opting out and portal entry, the bowl games have become more of a preseason game for next year.  We will be forced to play the little known players just to have enough bodies on the field.  Makes it kind of interesting and kind of disappointing.

At least Tua is sitting out. Our young guys against their young QB.

12 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

At least Tua is sitting out. Our young guys against their young QB.

Scuttlebutt is that Simpson may sit with a hamstring injury and Puckett may not play.  That is strictly from Freeze saying on the radio that it would be “Kieonte and the kids” against their backup.