AU vs. Maryland in Nashville for Music City Bowl

RunInRed

What do you guys think of the match up?? I say AU runs the ball for 4 quarters and keeps Tua off the field . They are a potent offensive team 

I don’t want to sound like a jaded townie (I’m not) but if this is your first trip to Nashville, do yourself a favor and avoid Broadway. Crazy overrated. Nashville has so much more to offer. 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

What do you guys think of the match up?? I say AU runs the ball for 4 quarters and keeps Tua off the field . They are a potent offensive team 

Yeah.  Game plan similar to Bama.  With several QB runs.

58 minutes ago, woodford said:

I don’t want to sound like a jaded townie (I’m not) but if this is your first trip to Nashville, do yourself a favor and avoid Broadway. Crazy overrated. Nashville has so much more to offer. 

Broadway is booze town and a great place to fist fight .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yngwie1995 said:

What section are you guys buying in? Just whatever is cheapest? Is there any "Auburn" section? I'm looking at cheapest, and it's usually upper deck 300 level, $80+ right now.

I'm a season ticket holder so i bought through the AuburnTigers website. Even that site had a link to SeatGeek, which I guess is contracted by AuburnTigers to only sells seats assigned as Auburn side (I hope). Bottom line I have 8 tickets in section 116 ($128 each)

• Thanks 1

Personally, I don't enjoy Nashville much, but I'm glad for the extra practice time for our players.

Will CHF and staff really pump the team for a win? Or just practice all the 2s and 3s for next season?

Maryland is a good match-up. Like Auburn, they lost some that they probably should have won, but they played Michigan tough and it was closer than anyone expected -- like Auburn vs UGA and Bama.

On paper, Auburn should win. Being a bowl game with CHF being kinda CGM2 -- welp?

As for playing Robby, IMO, only if he's changing position. We need to get him out of the QB mix. Let Thorne go wild for awhile, then gimme more Geriner.

Edited by AURex
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, AURex said:

On paper, Auburn should win. Being a bowl game with CHF being kinda CGM2 -- welp?

Should they? Maryland has the better QB which is usually the difference maker

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Should they? Maryland has the better QB which is usually the difference maker

Yep. Hope the coaching staff can get players interested/motivated.

Not looking forward to a 3 game losing streak heading into off-season.

Edited by au701948
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, AURex said:

Personally, I don't enjoy Nashville much, but I'm glad for the extra practice time for our players.

Will CHF and staff really pump the team for a win? Or just practice all the 2s and 3s for next season?

Maryland is a good match-up. Like Auburn, they lost some that they probably should have won, but they played Michigan tough and it was closer than anyone expected -- like Auburn vs UGA and Bama.

As for playing Robby, IMO, only if he's changing position. We need to get him out of the QB mix. Let Thorne go wild for awhile, then gimme more Geriner.

Haha you Hugh truthers are in for a rude awakening. 

23 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I’m going to start a thread previewing with some advanced metrics. They’re totally beatable but they sling it around. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, woodford said:

I’m going to start a thread previewing with some advanced metrics. They’re totally beatable but they sling it around. 

Need all our DB’s to play. Also need goodpass rush.

On 12/3/2023 at 7:25 PM, JDUBB4AU said:

Broadway is booze town and a great place to fist fight .

If that’s what you’re looking for, you’ll find it. I’ve had great times listening to music on broadway.

• Like 2

I remember #4 Maryland & QB Boomer Esiason rolling into Auburn to play us at HOMECOMING in '83. They were very very good and we handled them very very thoroughly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

I remember #4 Maryland & QB Boomer Esiason rolling into Auburn to play us at HOMECOMING in '83. They were very very good and we handled them very very thoroughly. 

I remember that game.  Boomer had over 350 yards passing no int but I believe we had over 400 yards rushing. I believe Agee had 200 and bo and little train over a 100.  Middle of Amen corner.  We had Florida the week prior and georgia and alabama followed maryland.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 4:26 PM, woodford said:

Agree. Broadway is awful these days. If you have to do it, go during the day when it is less obnoxious.