AU vs. Maryland in Nashville for Music City Bowl

RunInRed

On 12/3/2023 at 4:42 PM, aubiefifty said:

here is the terps record and who they played.

Maryland Terrapins Schedule 2023

Regular Season
DATE OPPONENT RESULT W-L (CONF) HI PASS HI RUSH HI REC
Sat, Sep 2 W38-6 1-0 (0-0) Tagovailoa 260 Hemby 58 Dyches 108
Sat, Sep 9 W38-20 2-0 (0-0) Tagovailoa 287 Hemby 162 Prather 80
Fri, Sep 15 W42-14 3-0 (0-0) Tagovailoa 342 McDonald 75 Jones 96
Sat, Sep 23 W31-9 4-0 (1-0) Tagovailoa 223 McDonald 38 Felton 67
Sat, Sep 30 W44-17 5-0 (2-0) Tagovailoa 352 Hemby 54 Felton 134
Sat, Oct 7 L37-17 5-1 (2-1) Tagovailoa 196 Littleton II 38 Jones 59
Sat, Oct 14 L27-24 5-2 (2-2) Tagovailoa 266 Hemby 70 Prather 70
Sat, Oct 28 L33-27 5-3 (2-3) Tagovailoa 274 McDonald 43 Jones 78
Sat, Nov 4 L51-15 5-4 (2-4) Tagovailoa 286 Edwards Jr. 4 Felton 75
Sat, Nov 11 W13-10 6-4 (3-4) Tagovailoa 283 Hemby 74 Jones 86
Sat, Nov 18 L31-24 6-5 (3-5) Tagovailoa 247 Hemby 35 Prather 81
Sat, Nov 25 W42-24 7-5 (4-5) Tagovailoa 361 Hemby 113 Felton 140
DATE OPPONENT TIME TV tickets

TransPerfect Music City Bowl

look who the qb is. i had forgotten all about him.

Numbnut Gameday storyline will be TAGOVALIA vs Bo Jackson's college in Georgia...or somewhere down there.

Their recent score vs Michigan is an eye-opener 

Should be a pretty entertaining game. If the defense shows up (which they most likely will), then I'm going with an Auburn win of something along the lines of 31-14.

It's all about the matchups. And if they can effectively attack our weak areas.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HabitualChiller said:

Should be a pretty entertaining game. If the defense shows up (which they most likely will), then I'm going with an Auburn win of something along the lines of 31-14.

We only put up 31+ against 2 teams this year. Vandy and Arky. I'd be ecstatic with your score prediction 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/6/2023 at 4:53 AM, aucanucktiger said:

Numbnut Gameday storyline will be TAGOVALIA vs Bo Jackson's college in Georgia...or somewhere down there.

Their recent score vs Michigan is an eye-opener 

Martyr much?

Some of you people need to get rid of this little brother attitude.  

On 12/5/2023 at 1:58 PM, aucanucktiger said:

I remember #4 Maryland & QB Boomer Esiason rolling into Auburn to play us at HOMECOMING in '83. They were very very good and we handled them very very thoroughly. 

We also had 3 RBs rushing for over 100 yards in that game … Bo, Lionel, and the 3rd RB escapes me bit it seems he might have been from Maplesville. 

You’re thinking of Tommie Agee.  Terps were so concerned with keeping Bo & Train from breaking outside containment they completely ignored the “belly” option. Agee ran for close to 200 that day.  That ‘83 schedule was insane!

• Like 7

In the 83 game, Agee had over 200 yards and Bo and Lionel each had over 100.  That being said Boomer Esiason had the most powerful arm I've ever seen on a college QB - you knew he was going to be a good pro.  Bobby Ross was their HC and he ran the wide tackle six defense and the FB belly was there  - Agee broke two long runs.

It was homecoming and like the rest of that year's schedule, Maryland came in ranked 7th (as I recall) - except for GA Tech and MS State that year, it seemed that every time we played someone - they were ranked.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Colonel said:

In the 83 game, Agee had over 200 yards and Bo and Lionel each had over 100.  That being said Boomer Esiason had the most powerful arm I've ever seen on a college QB - you knew he was going to be a good pro.  Bobby Ross was their HC and he ran the wide tackle six defense and the FB belly was there  - Agee broke two long runs.

It was homecoming and like the rest of that year's schedule, Maryland came in ranked 7th (as I recall) - except for GA Tech and MS State that year, it seemed that every time we played someone - they were ranked.  

was a freshman sitting behind the goalposts. learned the meaning "howitzer for an arm", that day.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EastAl_Tiger said:

was a freshman sitting behind the goalposts. learned the meaning "howitzer for an arm", that day.

I remember watching them beat UNC the week before on TV when UNC was #3 and we all went "great...homecoming is going to be another big one" - which isn't what we thought at the beginning of the year.  

It was a fun season despite getting completely shafted in the final polls.  We sat in the last row of the Upper section of the Sugar Bowl/Super Dome and the camera man kept letting us watch the Miami/Nebraska game during the breaks in the game on the monitor in his camera.  We thought we'd won the whole thing that night.  

On 12/12/2023 at 8:25 AM, kingfish said:

We also had 3 RBs rushing for over 100 yards in that game … Bo, Lionel, and the 3rd RB escapes me bit it seems he might have been from Maplesville. 

Tommy Agee 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

DJ James opting out for draft/nfl training.  Maryland likes to throw with little tua; time for the young DBs to step up

I do not like guys jumping ship and hanging their teammates and coaches out to dry. I know all the reasons. Blah, blah, blah. I think less of people who do this.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 8:47 AM, creed said:

It's all about the matchups. And if they can effectively attack our weak areas.

Just watch the Iron Bowl. Did Freeze and boys learn anything? Know who is on the field at all times? 

On 12/14/2023 at 9:20 AM, Hank2020 said:

We need a solid win here but I’m not sure how invested we will be in it.

Then that is a serious coaching issue.

Freeze is failing on gameday preparations and even knowing what’s going on.

Recruiting yes he’s doing great, if he can keep them, but something is not quite right.

Auburn should so significant progress and improvements, especially since all the extra coach bs extra practice excuse. If that’s the case Auburn should play the best game of the year.

otherwise time to fire some people.

6 hours ago, TigerOne said:

Recruiting yes he’s doing great, if he can keep them, but something is not quite right.

Auburn should so significant progress and improvements, especially since all the extra coach bs extra practice excuse. If that’s the case Auburn should play the best game of the year.

Unfortunately, we will not have some of our best players. I am worried about the players not being invested, not the coaches. You are correct that the coaches failed on a few games this year, but also came through in others.

Edited by Hank2020

9 hours ago, TigerOne said:

There were warning signs about Harsin before he even coached a game at Auburn. Not so with our current staff. Let's give this bunch a reasonable chance before we start wanting heads to roll.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There were warning signs about Harsin before he even coached a game at Auburn. Not so with our current staff. Let's give this bunch a reasonable chance before we start wanting heads to roll.

Fair enough, a month to prepare should give Freeze and coaches time to implement and prove they are the right choice. 
We have seen this story before.

13 hours ago, TigerOne said:

To fire the coaching staff over a mid tier bowl game that has no significant bearing on the future of the program doesn’t make sense 

• Like 3

Already had to worry about the team showing up to play but we literally have key players not showing up to play.

• Sad 1