Holy Moses!

TexasTiger

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Reaching  Nat’l. Don’t intend or need to turn this into another biblical thread but that passage is not contradictory. 

Yep, I’m bailing on this thread. Quickly.

16 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Don’t blame you. Appreciate your input on the good stuff though. 

Salty i could point out every contradiction in the Bible - which I resolve in my mind through inaccurate translation or historical context - and i have not doubt you’d lovingly curb stomp me with some kind of explanation that would hurt my head.

If we cant  listen to others peoples pov’s, what’s the point of discussing at all? Thanks for yours

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

Do they have a different deal to salvation outside of Jesus? Yes.

I’m interested to know the specifics of this. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

We def see things differently. This country was founded to allow individuals the right to worship as they wish, not any government sponsored, recommend, or forced church.  There is no separation clause. There is an establishment cause...not allowed to establish a state religion.  Anyone who perverts or abuses "God told me" will definitely experience the "God is just" aspect. My take on the middle east is that Two lines of descendants of Abraham claim that God himself promised their line the Promised land. Both feel they are entitled to the land, both believe they got it from God, and neither side will accept any government authority over God Himself.  Therefore, the only entity who can resolve this dispute once and for all is God. Not the UN, the US, Hamas, PLO, or anybody else. History is replete with nations attacking Israel and failing. Do I believe the Jews (Israel) are Gods chosen people, protected from annihilation by a covenant with God? Yes. Do they have a different deal to salvation outside of Jesus? Yes. I believe Jesus is our one and only path to salvation and eternal life in Heaven. Do I believe in Gods covenant with Israel? Yes. It is not something I totally understand but I trust God more than man.

Do you ever question why,,, your religion aligns with a certain way of interpreting the Bible and, your politics but,,, not with the words of Jesus?

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

We def see things differently. This country was founded to allow individuals the right to worship as they wish, not any government sponsored, recommend, or forced church.  There is no separation clause. There is an establishment cause...not allowed to establish a state religion.  Anyone who perverts or abuses "God told me" will definitely experience the "God is just" aspect. My take on the middle east is that Two lines of descendants of Abraham claim that God himself promised their line the Promised land. Both feel they are entitled to the land, both believe they got it from God, and neither side will accept any government authority over God Himself.  Therefore, the only entity who can resolve this dispute once and for all is God. Not the UN, the US, Hamas, PLO, or anybody else. History is replete with nations attacking Israel and failing. Do I believe the Jews (Israel) are Gods chosen people, protected from annihilation by a covenant with God? Yes. Do they have a different deal to salvation outside of Jesus? Yes. I believe Jesus is our one and only path to salvation and eternal life in Heaven. Do I believe in Gods covenant with Israel? Yes. It is not something I totally understand but I trust God more than man.

You are a dangerous person.

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Salty i could point out every contradiction in the Bible - which I resolve in my mind through inaccurate translation or historical context - and i have not doubt you’d lovingly curb stomp me with some kind of explanation that would hurt my head.

If we cant  listen to others peoples pov’s, what’s the point of discussing at all? Thanks for yours

Curb stomp? Just giving my pov.

29 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Do you ever question why,,, your religion aligns with a certain way of interpreting the Bible and, your politics but,,, not with the words of Jesus?

Judge ICHY weighs in again…….

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

”Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.“
‭‭John‬ ‭14‬:‭6‬.  My “religion” Christianity, aligns with the words of Jesus Christ. Did you have some other understanding? I didn’t write it. I read it. I believe it. It is truth. So there is no question. 

3 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

I clearly stated that I do not know the specifics but I trust God has the understanding. 

Did not want to turn this into a biblical thread but the specifics concerning Israel are clear throughout the Bible. Even the Old Testament. Bible is pretty simple in message. 

29 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

I’m not the one in danger.

No, of course not. :-\

That would be the country, and everyone in it who actually understands how and why the constitution is the basis of our freedom.  You obviously don't.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Did not want to turn this into a biblical thread but the specifics concerning Israel are clear throughout the Bible. Even the Old Testament. Bible is pretty simple in message. 

Uh, the Old Testament was written by the Israelis, thus their status as the "chosen people". :-\

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

”Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.“
‭‭John‬ ‭14‬:‭6‬.  My “religion” Christianity, aligns with the words of Jesus Christ. Did you have some other understanding? I didn’t write it. I read it. I believe it. It is truth. So there is no question. 

Can you provide us the exact quote lifted from a more contemporary source? 

56 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

I clearly stated that I do not know the specifics but I trust God has the understanding. 

Why "trust"?  Ask him. 

(Or maybe get speaker Johnson to ask Him for you. I hear they communicate regularly. :rolleyes:)

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No, of course not. :-\

That would be the country, and everyone in it who actually understands how and why the constitution is the basis of our freedom.  You obviously don't.

The country is def in trouble. Hard to recover when nobody can define a woman, we have 29 genders, and people actually think letting men with aiming devices compete against women with receptacles is somehow fair. 

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Why "trust"?  Ask him. 

(Or maybe get speaker Johnson to ask Him for you. I hear they communicate regularly. :rolleyes:)

Why would I ask speaker Johnson?  That would be something that you need to hear directly from him. Otherwise you would just claim I was making it up. Have at it.

38 minutes ago, homersapien said:

More contemporary to the original text. :-\

Well a quote can really only be made once. That would be Jesus circa 30-33 AD. I’m sure it was repeated many times back in the day. First century and all that. And second. Actually all 21. So not sure where you would accept a quote “lifted” from. No worries. As I have said before, you don’t have to believe me. Just ask God when you arrive at the Judgement Seat. Jesus will be there also. He might even give you an authentic original quote for you to think about.

29 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

The country is def in trouble. Hard to recover when nobody can define a woman, we have 29 genders, and people actually think letting men with aiming devices compete against women with receptacles is somehow fair. 

You remind me of the MAGAs Jordan Klepper interviews for "The Daily Show"

On 12/7/2023 at 8:54 PM, jj3jordan said:

Doubtful but def not heard by the left. They mostly deny the existence of God or Jesus. And nobody knows less about right wing politics than you. Thanks for playing though. 🤦‍♂️

That is a broad brush you are painting with.  It also happens to be totally off base.  Nancy Pelosi is one of the most devout members of Congress.  She simply doesn't believe in the country being some form of theocracy.  It isn't the place of Christians to judge the faith of other Christians.  Religion has been being used since the beginning of recorded history to control and divide people.  We have a constitution with a stated purpose of not having the government endorse a religion.  It doesn't say "except when it is more convenient to do so."