Holy Moses!

TexasTiger

I would not expect anyone on the left to understand. If true and he is faithful, he will be a strong force. If he becomes self serving and acts outside God’s direction, he will be disciplined, as Moses was denied entry to the promised land. 

Edited by jj3jordan
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

https://boingboing.net/2023/12/06/jesus-appointed-me-house-speaker-and-moses-says-maga-mike-johnson-video.html

MAGA Mike Johnson spoke to a group of Christian nationalists last night, claiming he has been having late-night chats with Jesus recently. Being a humble servant of God, he was surprised to learn that Jesus unexpectedly appointed him as the next Moses, tasked to lead an imminent "Red Sea moment."

Here's how Mike recalls it (video here, and below):

"The Lord told me very clearly to prepare and be ready. 'Be ready for what? Okay, I don't know.'

'We're coming to a Red Sea moment.'

'What does that mean, Lord?'

And then, when the speaker's race happened, and Kevin McCarthy — a dear friend of mine — was deposed, vacated from the chair. Oh, wow. Well, this is what the Lord may have been preparing us for. And so, I started praying more about that. And then the Lord began to wake me up through this three-week process we're in, in the middle of the night, and to speak to me and to write things down — plans and procedures and ideas on how we could pull the conference together.

Now at the time, I assumed the Lord was going to choose a new Moses. And, 'Oh, thank you, Lord. Lord, you're going to allow me to be Aaron to Moses!'

And so, I worked to get Steve Scalise elected speaker. That didn't happen. And then Jim Jordan, who's like another big brother of mine. No, that didn't happen. And Tom Emmer. And, you know, ultimately, thirteen people ran for the post.

And the Lord kept telling me to 'Wait, wait, wait,' so I waited, I waited, and then at the end, when it came to the end, the Lord said, 'Now, step forward.'

'Me? I'm supposed to be Aaron.'

No, the Lord said, 'Step forward.'"

So there you have it, Jesus himself, the greatest American who ever lived, appointed Mike to be Speaker of the House and Moses. I can't wait for part where he spends the next 40 years wandering the desert!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

https://boingboing.net/2023/12/06/jesus-appointed-me-house-speaker-and-moses-says-maga-mike-johnson-video.html

MAGA Mike Johnson spoke to a group of Christian nationalists last night, claiming he has been having late-night chats with Jesus recently. Being a humble servant of God, he was surprised to learn that Jesus unexpectedly appointed him as the next Moses, tasked to lead an imminent "Red Sea moment."

Here's how Mike recalls it (video here, and below):

"The Lord told me very clearly to prepare and be ready. 'Be ready for what? Okay, I don't know.'

'We're coming to a Red Sea moment.'

'What does that mean, Lord?'

And then, when the speaker's race happened, and Kevin McCarthy — a dear friend of mine — was deposed, vacated from the chair. Oh, wow. Well, this is what the Lord may have been preparing us for. And so, I started praying more about that. And then the Lord began to wake me up through this three-week process we're in, in the middle of the night, and to speak to me and to write things down — plans and procedures and ideas on how we could pull the conference together.

Now at the time, I assumed the Lord was going to choose a new Moses. And, 'Oh, thank you, Lord. Lord, you're going to allow me to be Aaron to Moses!'

And so, I worked to get Steve Scalise elected speaker. That didn't happen. And then Jim Jordan, who's like another big brother of mine. No, that didn't happen. And Tom Emmer. And, you know, ultimately, thirteen people ran for the post.

And the Lord kept telling me to 'Wait, wait, wait,' so I waited, I waited, and then at the end, when it came to the end, the Lord said, 'Now, step forward.'

'Me? I'm supposed to be Aaron.'

No, the Lord said, 'Step forward.'"

So there you have it, Jesus himself, the greatest A merican who ever lived, appointed Mike to be Speaker of the House and Moses. I can't wait for part where he spends the next 40 years wandering the desert!

The sooner "real conservatives" (the ones who accept our constitution as the law of the land) rid the Republican party of these nuts the better off the country will be.  We are sleepwalking toward a fascist government.  But it's not just Trump, it's the people who support him.

And this "I don't want Trump but I'll vote for him instead of Biden" is total BS. It's nothing more than an excuse for one's willingness to facilitate fascism. 

However you feel about Biden, he is demonstrably competent.  Trump is not.  This election is about Fascism vs. democracy.  Democracy will certainly survive Biden but it will not survive Trump.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/11/donald-trump-authoritarian-second-term

Donald Trump Isn’t Even Trying to Hide His Authoritarian Second-Term Plans

The former president is telling the country exactly what he wants to do. Are voters listening?

Why Trump's authoritarian language about 'vermin' matters

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/11/10/lot-americans-embrace-trumps-authoritarianism/

A lot of Americans embrace Trump’s authoritarianism

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

He has returned to lead the House and divide…the nation.

None of the bunch Moses lead through the Red Sea ever saw the promised the land. God got upset with them and had them wander through the desert until they all passed away. 

With Coffee on being a bit skeptical hearing this type of rhetoric.

Edited by SaltyTiger
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Of course not.  The message of Jesus is obviously all about right wing politics.

Doubtful but def not heard by the left. They mostly deny the existence of God or Jesus. And nobody knows less about right wing politics than you. Thanks for playing though. 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

I'm not sure who you've been listening to, but it is 100% absolute BS.

Cite one single quote by one single Democratic politician at any level denying the existence of God. Not an accusation or generalization by some right wing propaganda source. An actual quote from a Democrat. Local, state, regional, national. One quote of "there is no God."

Or an actual reputable statistical research publication that supports your claim. Not some survey of evangelical Trumpists. A legitimate national survey of the American population. Duh, there ain't one. There are multiple research studies that indicate your opinion is not based on actual data. There are actual research studies that reveal that Democrats support the Constitutional protection of all religious adherents.

Not one single research study that I've seen indicates that Democrats do not believe in the existence of God. If you have a reputable research source or an actual quote by a Democrat, let's see it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AURex said:

Cite one single quote by one single Democratic politician at any level denying the existence of God. Not an accusation or generalization by some right wing propaganda source. An actual quote from a Democrat. Local, state, regional, national. One quote of "there is no God."

Or an actual reputable statistical research publication that supports your claim. Not some survey of evangelical Trumpists. A legitimate national survey of the American population. Duh, there ain't one. There are multiple research studies that indicate your opinion is not based on actual data. There are actual research studies that reveal that Democrats support the Constitutional protection of all religious adherents.

Not one single research study that I've seen indicates that Democrats do not believe in the existence of God. If you have a reputable research source or an actual quote by a Democrat, let's see it.

image.png

Since you ask. But I was really just referring to the God/Bible denying leftists on this forum.

8 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

image.png

Since you ask. But I was really just referring to the God/Bible denying leftists on this forum.

Didn't realize 13% was now considered "mostly" :poke:

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Doubtful but def not heard by the left. They mostly deny the existence of God or Jesus. And nobody knows less about right wing politics than you. Thanks for playing though. 🤦‍♂️

The worst of this is,,, you believe your own lies.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

None of the bunch Moses lead through the Red Sea ever saw the promised the land. God got upset with them and had them wander through the desert until they all passed away. 

Mikes problem is he's being too specific. We've all heard preachers talking about a rhetorical 'conversation' with God where they are really referencing their self doubt or internal monologues: ie: "God was leading me here but I said "God! I'm not ready for this", but he comforted me. etc.

OR he needed to stay with the standard: "God guided me; God laid out this path for me: He gave me the confidence and guidance to know this is the path i was meant to take"

It's eyebrow raising when you start detailing actual personal, word for word conversations you're supposedly having with God and then claiming that God is placing you on the same level or scale of legendary Biblical figures.  Even if Mike was meaning all of this in some sort of joking manner, it's all a bit too much for a guy leading the US House. 

11 hours ago, AURex said:

image.thumb.png.db95b9d0896731220ecf9aa643ec1ecc.png 

Despite the constant cries from people about how our national leaders are turning against God, and leading the nation towards Humanism and down the wrong path, our national Congress is vastly majority Christian. Basically no atheist's/agnostics/Humanists and is more Christian and religious than the overall general population of the United States is. 

I think Senima was the lone Democrat senate member that identified as atheist. She left the Dem party. Jared Huffman from Calif. has never self identified as Atheist, but he has said in an interview that he probably doesn't believe in God. He's probably the 1 "humanist" vote on the poll. 

21 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I'm "skeptical" when any old ordinary layman says such nonsense.  When the speaker of the house says it, I am appalled and frightened.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Mikes problem is he's being too specific. We've all heard preachers talking about a rhetorical 'conversation' with God where they are really referencing their self doubt or internal monologues: ie: "God was leading me here but I said "God! I'm not ready for this", but he comforted me. etc.

OR he needed to stay with the standard: "God guided me; God laid out this path for me: He gave me the confidence and guidance to know this is the path i was meant to take"

It's eyebrow raising when you start detailing actual personal, word for word conversations you're supposedly having with God and then claiming that God is placing you on the same level or scale of legendary Biblical figures.  Even if Mike was meaning all of this in some sort of joking manner, it's all a bit too much for a guy leading the US House. 

Can you not read?  God wanted him to be speaker.  He backed Scalise and Jordan before accepting his fate.  He did not want to be speaker.  God wanted him to be speaker so,,,

He could keep out the immigrants, promote inequality, protect our gun rights, force people to have children they do not want and cannot afford, destroy Social Security and,,, give charity and tax breaks to the ultra rich.

You ignorant liberal.  You probably don't realize that God blessed this country and capitalism (absolutely unfettered).  God sanctioned manifest destiny, the extermination of native Americans, slavery.  God is guiding us to promote greed and inhumanity.  We are blessed and exceptional because of God and His minions,,, our right wing political leadership.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 12/8/2023 at 12:07 PM, icanthearyou said:

He could keep out the immigrants, promote inequality, protect our gun rights, force people to have children they do not want and cannot afford, destroy Social Security and,,, give charity and tax breaks to the ultra rich.

One question per your blabber. How are people forced to make babies they do not want and cannot afford? 

• Facepalm 1

On 12/8/2023 at 12:07 PM, icanthearyou said:

You probably don't realize that God blessed this country and capitalism (absolutely unfettered).

Our version of the capitalism isn’t unfettered— the deck is actually stacked.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

One question per your blabber. How are people forced to make babies they do not want and cannot afford? 

That is not what was said.  Why be disingenuous?

• Facepalm 1

On 12/7/2023 at 10:18 AM, jj3jordan said:

I would not expect anyone on the left to understand. If true and he is faithful, he will be a strong force. If he becomes self serving and acts outside God’s direction, he will be disciplined, as Moses was denied entry to the promised land. 

Respectfully, mosses had a burning bush - how is his will or a  talk with God take place?.  There are debates all over Christianity today (ie the Methodist church) - is God telling them different things in their conversations?

While I don’t agree with the snickers to your post -without political evangelicals  explaining this, it just looks manipulative. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Respectfully, mosses had a burning bush - how is his will or a  talk with God take place?.  There are debates all over Christianity today (ie the Methodist church) - is God telling them different things in their conversations?

While I don’t agree with the snickers to your post -without political evangelicals  explaining this, it just looks manipulative. 

People who are faithful to God in prayer will receive direction from God when earnestly and selflessly praying to God regarding issues in their life. Many times this comes as a feeling of peace when opening your heart to one side of the issue and a feeling of unease when considering the other side. If you are not praying for something selfish like winning the lottery or getting rich or just hoping your team can make an average 4th and 31 defensive play, then God will likely impart His peace on you. If you are an unbeliever, one who derides and insults God and His followers, it is doubtful you will hear anything from Him. I believe Johnson when he says he prayed about whether to take the job of speaker and that he believes God opened doors for Johnson to be elected.  Most leftists on here think God is evil, vengeful, and unfair. God is just. Sometimes things don’t seem fair. Fair is not just. None of us is on the same level with God and we don’t have the position to criticize or accuse Him of evil.  Hope this helps. Sounds like you are open to the possibility. If so, please continue to pursue God and He will answer.

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

People who are faithful to God in prayer will receive direction from God when earnestly and selflessly praying to God regarding issues in their life. Many times this comes as a feeling of peace when opening your heart to one side of the issue and a feeling of unease when considering the other side. If you are not praying for something selfish like winning the lottery or getting rich or just hoping your team can make an average 4th and 31 defensive play, then God will likely impart His peace on you. If you are an unbeliever, one who derides and insults God and His followers, it is doubtful you will hear anything from Him. I believe Johnson when he says he prayed about whether to take the job of speaker and that he believes God opened doors for Johnson to be elected.  Most leftists on here think God is evil, vengeful, and unfair. God is just. Sometimes things don’t seem fair. Fair is not just. None of us is on the same level with God and we don’t have the position to criticize or accuse Him of evil.  Hope this helps. Sounds like you are open to the possibility. If so, please continue to pursue God and He will answer.

I actually am a Christian and grew up in a Christian school.  You and I just see things differently.  I respect your convictions - just bear in mind 1) this country was specifically designed to separate church and state. Not a lot of blur there. 2) many have perverted or used as an excuse “God told me” over the years. Which is why there is so much skepticism. Plus we have an entire mess in the Middle East because everyone seems to be hearing very different God messages. But they’re all saying it’s Gods word - and of course only they’re right. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I actually am a Christian and grew up in a Christian school.  You and I just see things differently.  I respect your convictions - just bear in mind 1) this country was specifically designed to separate church and state. Not a lot of blur there. 2) many have perverted or used as an excuse “God told me” over the years. Which is why there is so much skepticism. Plus we have an entire mess in the Middle East because everyone seems to be hearing very different God messages. But they’re all saying it’s Gods word - and of course only they’re right. 

We def see things differently. This country was founded to allow individuals the right to worship as they wish, not any government sponsored, recommend, or forced church.  There is no separation clause. There is an establishment cause...not allowed to establish a state religion.  Anyone who perverts or abuses "God told me" will definitely experience the "God is just" aspect. My take on the middle east is that Two lines of descendants of Abraham claim that God himself promised their line the Promised land. Both feel they are entitled to the land, both believe they got it from God, and neither side will accept any government authority over God Himself.  Therefore, the only entity who can resolve this dispute once and for all is God. Not the UN, the US, Hamas, PLO, or anybody else. History is replete with nations attacking Israel and failing. Do I believe the Jews (Israel) are Gods chosen people, protected from annihilation by a covenant with God? Yes. Do they have a different deal to salvation outside of Jesus? Yes. I believe Jesus is our one and only path to salvation and eternal life in Heaven. Do I believe in Gods covenant with Israel? Yes. It is not something I totally understand but I trust God more than man.

9 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

We def see things differently. This country was founded to allow individuals the right to worship as they wish, not any government sponsored, recommend, or forced church.  There is no separation clause. There is an establishment cause...not allowed to establish a state religion.  Anyone who perverts or abuses "God told me" will definitely experience the "God is just" aspect. My take on the middle east is that Two lines of descendants of Abraham claim that God himself promised their line the Promised land. Both feel they are entitled to the land, both believe they got it from God, and neither side will accept any government authority over God Himself.  Therefore, the only entity who can resolve this dispute once and for all is God. Not the UN, the US, Hamas, PLO, or anybody else. History is replete with nations attacking Israel and failing. Do I believe the Jews (Israel) are Gods chosen people, protected from annihilation by a covenant with God? Yes. Do they have a different deal to salvation outside of Jesus? Yes. I believe Jesus is our one and only path to salvation and eternal life in Heaven. Do I believe in Gods covenant with Israel? Yes. It is not something I totally understand but I trust God more than man.

Look into the establishment clause in the 1st amendment. In non legal terms:

image.thumb.png.d0fdc9ec12efed2f05c9338ea81a3241.pngAs for the Middle East. You being evangelical, “the only way to the father is through me” passage definitely would be contradictory to being “the chosen people ”. Which is why i am not always a literalist.

Again, I respect your convictions, i just hope that everyone can be better at respecting each others beliefs. Or the country simply  work.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

the only way to the father is through me” passage definitely would be contradictory to being “the chosen people ”.

Reaching  Nat’l. Don’t intend or need to turn this into another biblical thread but that passage is not contradictory. 

Edited by SaltyTiger
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1