Holy Moses!

TexasTiger

2 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Well a quote can really only be made once. That would be Jesus circa 30-33 AD. I’m sure it was repeated many times back in the day. First century and all that. And second. Actually all 21. So not sure where you would accept a quote “lifted” from. No worries. As I have said before, you don’t have to believe me. Just ask God when you arrive at the Judgement Seat. Jesus will be there also. He might even give you an authentic original quote for you to think about.

True.  But they can also be re-translated hundreds of times - as the bible - has into hundreds of languages often losing much of the nuance of the original quote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_translationso

Of course even this ignores the untold number of times the original quote was passed down orally, prior to original manuscripts.

But I am not doubting your faith.  There is no doubt in my mind you actually believe what you've been indoctrinated to believe.  Obviously, it's not in your nature to have doubts.

54 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Good observation or whatever.

Actually it's a natural explanation of why both Christians and Jews believe Jews are "God's chosen people". Virtually every culture with a religion has as a core tenant they are "special" in God's eye and their religion is uniquely correct (while others are not).  

The fact that the Torah corresponds to the first five books of the Old Testament explains why both Jews and Christians believe Israel has a special covenant with God.

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

Why would I ask speaker Johnson?  That would be something that you need to hear directly from him. Otherwise you would just claim I was making it up. Have at it.

Because he implied as much. (See OP) 

Presumably, you believe him. 

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

Actually it's a natural explanation of why both Christians and Jews believe Jews are "God's chosen people". Virtually every culture with a religion has as a core tenant they are "special" in God's eye and their religion is uniquely correct (while others are not).  

The fact that the Torah corresponds to the first five books of the Old Testament explains why both Jews and Christians believe Israel has a special covenant with God.

You are correct. First five books of the Bible are the Torah.