Haley beats Biden by … 17 pts?!

auburnatl1

19 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Oh I don't believe that she does. Or at least not in anyway that matters in the scheme of things. Read the thread next time before spouting liberal nonsense.

Wait I thought you had some “liberal ideas.”

I love when conservative jackasses act like they’re just calling balls and strikes. You’re a maroon. 

4 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

50% of the country are now independents (twice as large than when Perot ran).   Which for the most part are moderates that bailed on their historic parties because they didn’t recognize them anymore.  If the country is actually confronted with trump v Biden, it should be interesting how the independents react and if a formidable 3rd option rises.  I  know you like Kennedy. I would prefer manchin or Haley. We’ll see.

There’s no viable third option given how our system works. It will ultimately distill back down to 2 in the long run no matter what you do.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Wait I thought you had some “liberal ideas.”

I love when conservative jackasses act like they’re just calling balls and strikes. You’re a maroon. 

Nice deflection. I do have some liberal beliefs. And we all call balls and strikes how we see it. I'm not claiming to be neutral or down the middle. You're just butthurt. 

30 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Nice deflection. I do have some liberal beliefs. And we all call balls and strikes how we see it. I'm not claiming to be neutral or down the middle. You're just butthurt. 

Trump causes 2 reactions: 1) maga ideology 2) trump the man. Candidly I don’t think #1 makes most people go crazy. Policy is policy. Argue away all day. It’s  #2 where the creepy rub is. Desantis is  maga and he’s fading while Trump rises. Anyone with a clear mind can see Trump is simply a very very bad guy. Mafia type. Cares nothing for country or anyone but himself. Some see him as a traitor.

The common refrain is “trump isn’t my first choice but I’ll vote for him if I have to”. As he sits at over 50% in the Republican Party. And with Desantis being Trump without the sociopathy as a voting option.

It’s a bad look that causes a lot of people to question the values of trump supporters.

6 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Trump was a dem 90% of this life. He’s not a conservative.

He was also very pro-choice in his ‘pre-political’ life. He could tell his supporters he’s 7 feet tall and won Olympic gold medals in the 100 m dash and they would believe him. Frightening, really. 

Edited by Gowebb11

1 hour ago, KansasTiger said:

Me: “I don’t take the polls seriously at this point. They’re historically inaccurate this far out. Hell the dems aren’t even campaigning yet.”

You: “cope, liberal”

Christ you’re dumb lol. 

• Like 1

Projecting Haley/Biden is a waste of time, because that is almost assuredly NOT going to be the matchup.

I think any R not named Trump beats Biden in the general.

I'm fully expecting a rematch of 2020, though, because I'm a pessimist by nature and expect the worst when it comes to national politics. If/when it happens, we'll deserve worldwide ridicule for putting those two potted plants on display as our purported best options.

This trainwreck can be avoided in the primaries, but I have zero expectation that enough R people will participate and coalesce around a non-Trump candidate, and I fully expect plenty of crossover D folks to vote for Trump, because he is Biden's most beatable option.

28 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Trump causes 2 reactions: 1) maga ideology 2) trump the man. Candidly I don’t think #1 makes most people go crazy. Policy is policy. Argue away all day. It’s  #2 where the creepy rub is. Desantis is  maga and he’s fading while Trump rises. Anyone with a clear mind can see Trump is simply a very very bad guy. Mafia type. Cares nothing for country or anyone but himself. Some see him as a traitor.

The common refrain is “trump isn’t my first choice but I’ll vote for him if I have to”. As he sits at over 50% in the Republican Party. And with Desantis being Trump without the sociopathy as a voting option.

It’s a bad look that causes a lot of people to question the values of trump supporters.

You could say this about alot of candidates. I think every conservative and many independents question how liberals blindly support Biden. Your line about "Bad guy. Mafia type, cares nothing for the country or anyone but himself" fits Biden pretty well. Most of the candidates are sociopath traitors that just hide it better through narrative, lies, and accepted policy thats been backed by propoganda through the MSM over the years. In fact, Im convinced anyone running at that level thats in a position to actually have a chance has sold thier soul so many times over to get there they couldnt govern properly if they even wanted to. But everyone else being bad is only a small portion of that equation.

As for Trump, I have my theories and my own beliefs. I'd be happy to discuss them with some people on this forum, in a different setting.

Just now, KansasTiger said:

You could say this about alot of candidates. I think every conservative and many independents question how liberals blindly support Biden. Your line about "Bad guy. Mafia type, cares nothing for the country or anyone but himself" fits Biden pretty well. Most of the candidates are sociopath traitors that just hide it better through narrative, lies, and accepted policy thats been backed by propoganda through the MSM over the years. In fact, Im convinced anyone running at that level thats in a position to actually have a chance has sold thier soul so many times over to get there they couldnt govern properly if they even wanted to. But everyone else being bad is only a small portion of that equation.

As for Trump, I have my theories and my own beliefs. I'd be happy to discuss them with some people on this forum, in a different setting.

The inevitable Biden is just as bad.  Bidens is yet another compromised career politician. He’s a mess and needs to go. I get it.

I’m a life long Republican. Trump is very different.  Literally has no sense of right or wrong. Whatever serves him. If people can’t see that, not sure what to say that would matter. Again, Desantis is about maga ideology. And is going no where. Trump is about… following. No matter what he does. They follow. Watch his rally’s - and any cult documentary. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

The inevitable Biden is just as bad.  Bidens is yet another compromised career politician. He’s a mess and needs to go. I get it.

I’m a life long Republican. Trump is very different.  Literally has no sense of right or wrong. Whatever serves him. If people can’t see that, not sure what to say that would matter. Again, Desantis is about maga ideology. And is going no where. Trump is about… following. No matter what he does. They follow. Watch his rally’s - and any cult documentary. 

You get mad at the Biden is as bad argument, but then use the Trump is worse argument. I disagree. 

Theres obviously more to it than just "Biden is bad", but I'm not willing to get into the other half of the argument on a liberal swarming forum and have to deal with that headache. Especially for a candidate I'm not even sure I support.

31 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

You sound a bit snobbish Natl.

Right the “liberal swarming forum” or “liberal nonsense” guy is the epitome of not coming off as snobbish. 

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

Man, I struck a nerve...

I find you lazy, boorish, stupid and an abject hypocrite to boot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

I find you lazy, boorish, stupid and an abject hypocrite to boot. 

Says the man who resorts to ad hominem attacks when he can't make a good point.

I guess you did strike a nerve. Good for you I guess lol.

I said nothing that warranted that comment about “copium,” but you did reveal yourself to be a jackass and I am treating you as such. 

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

Says the man who resorts to ad hominem attacks when he can't make a good point.

That’s not an ad hominem, stupid. Learn your fallacies. 

Go ahead. Let’s hear you call me a liberal high on copium again then we can discuss fallacies, you troglodyte. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

That’s not an ad hominem, stupid. Learn your fallacies. 

Jees, I didn't think I'd have to do this...

Screenshot_20231213_213335_Brave_1.thumb.jpg.2bdd21a41bed4626379420411339a048.jpg

Attacking me, my character, and intelligence meets the definition, chief. I find your positions laughable, but I won't attack you as a person.

But yes, you are a liberal high on copium...

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Attacking me, my character, and intelligence meets the definition, chief. I find your positions laughable, but I won't attack you as a person.

But yes, you are a liberal high on copium...

Not all insults are ad hominem attacks. The fallacy means me using those attacks to refute an argument. I’m just making fun of you for being a hypocrite  

but I wouldn’t expect someone as lazy and stupid as you to be able to make that distinction. 

Edited by AUDub

Just now, AUDub said:

Not all insults are ad hominem attacks. The fallacy means me using those attacked to refute an argument. I’m just making fun or you for being a hypocrite  

but I wouldn’t expect someone as lazy and stupid as you to be able to make that distinction. 

You're right, this clearly isn't a reaction to my positions and your inability to refute them adequately. How foolish of me! That might almost be excusable rather than you just attempting to be a jerk. Keep digging and make your hole deeper, though I doubt any liberals will call you out for poor behavior. 

*YOU’RE* the one that made the ad hominem attack with your lazy copium comment, and you’re basically trying to play a reverse like this is UNO. 

You’re ******* dumb and I should have never chosen to engage you. 

Just now, AUDub said:

*YOU’RE* the one that made the ad hominem attack with your lazy copium comment, and you’re basically trying to play a reverse like this is UNO. 

You’re ******* dumb and I should have never chosen to engage you. 

Cope harder liberal

Just now, KansasTiger said:

Cope harder liberal

I ******* love modern conservativism.