If Harbaugh leaves Michigan…

AEAugirl

Interesting name being mentioned as one to watch….

I do agree, I think Kelly was looking for a program easier to recruit to than ND but he’s an odd fit in Baton Rouge.  

LSU is a very interesting program.   Each of the last 3 coaches -- even coach O- won a natty.   Kelly had the best player in college football and still managed to lose 3 games.   At ND he made it to the playoffs/NCG 3 times and laid an egg each time.   He is now 62 years of age.   I would be fine with him spending the next 10 years at LSU.  We don't need LSU to hire an elite coach. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, LPTiger said:

LSU is a very interesting program.   Each of the last 3 coaches -- even coach O- won a natty.   Kelly had the best player in college football and still managed to lose 3 games.   At ND he made it to the playoffs/NCG 3 times and laid an egg each time.   He is now 62 years of age.   I would be fine with him spending the next 10 years at LSU.  We don't need LSU to hire an elite coach. 

The only good thing about Michigan pursuing Kelly is the turmoil it would cause in Red Stick.  The bad would be if LSU got a good defensive minded coach, LSU won those natties because of the defense and Kelly lost his chance at the natty because of defense.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The only good thing about Michigan pursuing Kelly is the turmoil it would cause in Red Stick.  The bad would be if LSU got a good defensive minded coach, LSU won those natties because of the defense and Kelly lost his chance at the natty because of defense.

100%.   

• Like 1

On 12/25/2023 at 4:57 PM, Win4AU said:

Wonder if Norvell would bolt FSU with whatever they have going on there?  He’d be tough to beat at LSU

That's exactly who I thought of too. 

On 12/24/2023 at 7:51 AM, LPTiger said:

Brian Kelly hasn't impressed me either. Last year he won the SEC West and beat Alabama but he also got blown out at home by Tennessee and lost 38-23 to a 5-7 Texas A&M team the last week of the regular season. Both years that BK has been at LSU, he's had Jayden Daniels as his QB and they've gone 19-7 overall. Thats not bad but it's definitely not what the school expects.

At LSU, when you have the Heisman trophy winner at QB and alot of talent on your roster, you can't be losing 3 and 4 games every year or they'll send you packing. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Brian Kelly hasn't impressed me either. Last year he won the SEC West and beat Alabama but he also got blown out at home by Tennessee and lost 38-23 to a 5-7 Texas A&M team the last week of the regular season. Both years that BK has been at LSU, he's had Jayden Daniels as his QB and they've gone 19-7 overall. Thats not bad but it's definitely not what the school expects.

At LSU, when you have the Heisman trophy winner at QB and alot of talent on your roster, you can't be losing 3 and 4 games every year or they'll send you packing. 

I feel like they misused Harold Perkins this year.  He had 5.5 sacks as a sophomore vs 7.5 as a freshman.   They lined him up all over the field this year vs letting him get after the QB.   I don't follow them enough to know the reasons behind their decisions.

• Like 1