Will we see more staff changes?

1 hour ago, Allen_D said:

It’s like a pastry filling, usually a combination of chocolate and cream.

I believe you are referring to ganache.

• Like 1

Could be a silver lining there if Muschamp is looking for a job. Although I doubt if we would have an opening for him.

11 minutes ago, autan said:

Could be a silver lining there if Muschamp is looking for a job. Although I doubt if we would have an opening for him.

Word is he will drop to an analyst role. What a defensive staff.

At what point do we move on from Nix?  Monday?  There is really no reason for him to not jump on board if he's coming.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

At what point do we move on from Nix?  Monday?  There is really no reason for him to not jump on board if he's coming.

I was thinking the same thing. If he was the guy, why wait.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nontoxic said:

Was hoping Travaris might find his way home. He’s the last guy uga needed…that one hurts.

Robinson to uga

It is about time we don't hire guys just because they went to Auburn. I think we will have some recruiters that can rival Trobb.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CR said:

Word is he will drop to an analyst role. What a defensive staff.

I'm always suspicious of these downgrades in position. Like McGriff only wants an off the field position? Most of these coaches don't want to spend time with their families, that is why they became a coach. They want to coach football, that is their desire. They come home, get a little hug, get a little support, then go back to what you looovvve to do. You don't have to put up with the hassles of being a parent and leave all the parenting work to the spouse. 

Edited by Auburn93

2 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

I'm always suspicious of these downgrades in position. Like McGriff only wants an off the field position? Most of these coaches don't want to spend time with their families, that is why they became a coach. They want to coach football, that is their desire. They come home, get a little hug, get a little support, then go back to what you looovvve to do. You don't have to put up with the hassles of being a parent and leave all the parenting work to the spouse. 

He's got 2 massive buyouts.  He's set for life

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He's got 2 massive buyouts.  He's set for life

He is certainly. Maybe he is being an analyst in order to finish out a contract and get paid. 

35 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

He will be an “analyst” in title only Im sure. Just a way to get Trob the DC money, muschamp can slum it on an analyst salary

3 hours ago, Nontoxic said:

Was hoping Travaris might find his way home. He’s the last guy uga needed…that one hurts.

Robinson to uga

Yeah that REALLY sucked. The only pro is that Bama was going to need him to maintain this defensive roster and some of these recruits. BUT...someone like Caleb Downs could go to UGA....which would be very bad

Just a shame we couldn't get T-Rob unfortunately. Don't think there's anyone we had an easy in with that has a faster rising stock. 

On 1/8/2024 at 6:47 PM, e808 said:

Wasn’t he the DC of that loaded FSU defense that Gus high school offense pushed around. Auburn’s Achilles was the defense on that team wasnt as good like some of the latter years. I am sorry just can’t get over what I saw. Just my two cents. Nonetheless let’s see what happens next.

Dont forget that team was the first and only sec team to ever lead the ncaa in rushing.  That was an elite rushing attack that Kelly nor anyone else could stop.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

It is about time we don't hire guys just because they went to Auburn. I think we will have some recruiters that can rival Trobb.

That should have nothing to do with someone's perceived value of Travaris. Muschamp's a defensive ace that thought he was good enough, Saban and Steele both cosigned him, and Smart brought him onboard. You think you should have an in with him because he's an Auburn guy, but there are not many guys laying around with the pedigree of Robinson 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That should have nothing to do with someone's perceived value of Travaris. Muschamp's a defensive ace that thought he was good enough, Saban and Steele both cosigned him, and Smart brought him onboard. You think you should have an in with him because he's an Auburn guy, but there are not many guys laying around with the pedigree of Robinson 

We just sent two former AU greats packing, and even it is justified I’m not sure a former AU player considers this the ideal time to come home. 

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

We just sent two former AU greats packing, and even it is justified I’m not sure a former AU player considers this the ideal time to come home. 

I mean, we literally just brought a former player home to coach and be the Co DC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I mean, we literally just brought a former player home to coach and be the Co DC

Correct. I keep forgetting that Kelly played for us. 

55 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

He has/had relatives playing for UGA.

On 1/12/2024 at 11:46 AM, auburnspice said:

I believe you are referring to ganache.

Yeah, like I said…. 😉

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

No offense, but I don't see the relevancy there

None taken. When he (Muschamp) first landed at UGA with off field role some surmised that it was due to his nephew that was playing there, then his son became a walk on. Figured he might not want to leave until those two had moved on but maybe not.

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

None taken. When he (Muschamp) first landed at UGA with off field role some surmised that it was due to his nephew that was playing there, then his son became a walk on. Figured he might not want to leave until those two had moved on but maybe not.

Right but I don’t see how that relates to T-Rob. I mentioned Muschamp because he gave Robinson a job at South Carolina 

Welp, looks like another week with no DC.

It really doesn't matter as long as Kiffin happens after the NFL season

• Like 2