mods, admins, and members

is there anyway we can honor terry on here other than posting his obit? maybe a cool avie or something. i am not sure what. players get helmet stickers so i was kinda hoping we could come up with something suttle but showing the love. i know you guys are rarely big on my idea's but it would be so cool! just a thought..................smoke em ya got em as we used to say in the military.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

is there anyway we can honor terry on here other than posting his obit? maybe a cool avie or something. i am not sure what. players get helmet stickers so i was kinda hoping we could come up with something suttle but showing the love. i know you guys are rarely big on my idea's but it would be so cool! just a thought..................smoke em ya got em as we used to say in the military.

Great idea.   That would be really cool.

• Thanks 1

can we rename the football thread the terry beasely Au football thread?

i need some help here fellows. the more people that agree maybe we can get it done. terry gave up his health for us and i just think it would be awesome. i mean come on guys i am  not asking to dedicate it to me..........lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alabastertiger said:

Great idea.   That would be really cool.

great minds think alike big shooter.

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

great minds think alike big shooter.

If nothing else we can have the Terry Beasley football picks contest each year.

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to mods, admins, and members
14 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Sounds like a great idea to me!! 

Since it's still early in the 2024 year, maybe since Terry was #88, we can have a Terry Beasley Day on the 88th day of the year. People can post stories, photos of Terry, etc. on that day. 88th day of the year would be the end of March. 

I'm sure others could come up with something better but that's an idea.

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Love 1

i have not heard a word folks. i might have overstepped my bounds. i thought it was a great idea and terry is a huge part of the auburn family. the silence tells me to get back in my own lane.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i have not heard a word folks. i might have overstepped my bounds. i thought it was a great idea and terry is a huge part of the auburn family. the silence tells me to get back in my own lane.

I think it's a good idea too.  Sullivan-to-Beasley holds as much lore for us as Joe Namath does to Alabama.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Nah. You can’t overstep anything just by making a request, fitty, at least not in most places. I don’t suspect it’ll be viewed as such here, either.

13 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

My suggestion is that we could have a daily news thread titled AUBIEFIFTY/FIFTY NEWS UPDATES 

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Ausburn2 said:

My suggestion is that we could have a daily news thread titled AUBIEFIFTY/FIFTY NEWS UPDATES 

Hindsight is indeed 50/50.  

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Ausburn2 said:

you guys honor me.you are the folks i post articles for. you have lifted my spirits in a tough time for me and i do not know you but i love you for it!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you guys honor me.you are the folks i post articles for. you have lifted my spirits in a tough time for me and i do not know you but i love you for it!

Some may not say it, but it is nice to check in and see the news for the AU day in one spot. In a generational way it is like going into a barber shop and there is a copy of a GRIT newspaper left for you to read while you wait for your haircut.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

Some may not say it, but it is nice to check in and see the news for the AU day in one spot. In a generational way it is like going into a barber shop and there is a copy of a GRIT newspaper left for you to read while you wait for your haircut.

my grand parents lived in auburn. they called my grandfather sarge and every knew each other. he would visit an old barber shop close to the sears building i believe and they have stacks of comic books. it was a kids dream.