Sounds like a threat

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

He’s not playing around any more.

Candidly it’s hard to get mad at Trump because he’s hard wired nuts and most of his supporters are in the same boat. Sincerely - all you can do with crazy is make it irrelevant. You can’t argue with it or fix it. 

But in the world where Biden isn’t nuts too and he truly wants what’s best for the country, he HAS to be considering stepping aside and letting a more viable, fresh start (the border ect) candidate step in at the convention. 

As long the candidate is not Biden, Harris, or anyone not too hard left - they crush Trump by at least 10 pts. Otherwise, I don’t know where this goes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Candidly it’s hard to get mad at Trump because he’s hard wired nuts and most of his supporters are in the same boat. Sincerely - all you can do with crazy is make it irrelevant. You can’t argue with it or fix it. 

But in the world where Biden isn’t nuts too and he truly wants what’s best for the country, he HAS to be considering stepping aside and letting a more viable, fresh start (the border ect) candidate step in at the convention. 

As long the candidate is not Biden, Harris, or anyone not too hard left - they crush Trump by at least 10 pts. Otherwise, I don’t know where this goes.

The problem is that the extremes of both parties don't want to bend.  That makes it difficult for mainstream Democrats in the same way it does for mainstream Republicans. Trump has a long time now to run his mouth and remind people how unhinged he is.

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The problem is that the extremes of both parties don't want to bend.  That makes it difficult for mainstream Democrats in the same way it does for mainstream Republicans. Trump has a long time now to run his mouth and remind people how unhinged he is.

If Trump is still up in the polls this summer even the activists may soften out of sheer terror.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

No, the real problem is that the Republican party is controlled (owned) by the "extremists".

As a "mainstream" liberal I don't believe extremists control the Democratic party. It's dysfunctional certainly, but it's not controlled to the extent extremists control the (former) GOP.  Biden is exhibit A.

Edited by homersapien
  • Dislike 1

16 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

If Trump is still up in the polls this summer even the activists may soften out of sheer terror.

He won't be up enough for that to happen.  Being up 2 points in a poll with a margin of error plus or minus 4 is statistically a tie.

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

He won't be up enough for that to happen.  Being up 2 points in a poll with a margin of error plus or minus 4 is statistically a tie.

Well they can try to continue to peddle an activist agenda with a 80+ year old and see how that plays out.

image.gif.8764f3617df59a96b8221475b1f07b07.gif

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Do you think Biden will help his numbers after the SOTU (let’s get ready to mumble) speech tonight?

A growing number of people are concerned that Trump will be back in the WH:

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do you think Biden will help his numbers after the SOTU (let’s get ready to mumble) speech tonight?

I don't think it will change minds.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I don't think it will change minds.

Well, you first have to have a mind in order to change it. ;D

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Well they can try to continue to peddle an activist agenda with a 80+ year old and see how that plays out.

I'll take the 81 year-old's, agenda vs the former (78 year-old) former guy's anytime.

(Not to mention personalities.)

On 3/8/2024 at 12:43 PM, homersapien said:

Well, you first have to have a mind in order to change it. ;D

You're right. Liberals don't have a mind. Empty well there.

21 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

You're right. Liberals don't have a mind. Empty well there.

Wicked burn. What a wit you have. :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Wicked burn. What a wit you have. :rolleyes:

Trapped by JJ's rubber-glue defense. You're not the first libtard who didn't see it coming.

• Haha 1