SOTU Response

‘What the Hell Am I Watching’: Republicans Torch Their Own SOTU Rebuttal......snickers...............

Senator Kennedy should have given the rebuttal:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I thought Tubs was bad, but holy cow. What did I just watch?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If she had done a great job, she still would have gotten roasted by someone. It was a strange response no doubt, but I'm not going to pile on. And to be fair, she wasn't saying anything a lot of people don't believe themselves. It was just a strange delivery.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

If she had done a great job, she still would have gotten roasted by someone. It was a strange response no doubt, but I'm not going to pile on. And to be fair, she wasn't saying anything a lot of people don't believe themselves. It was just a strange delivery.

I hundred percent agree that the laughs are from style, not substance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I hundred percent agree that the laughs are from style, not substance.

It’s pretty much both. The style was just soooo discordant.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I thought she did pretty well for a young lady from Enterprise.

It ain't called "Grit City" for nothing!

i used to like her. if you pretend to be christian and lie out your behind about people i have nothing for you.Why do christians think lying is ok? i mean look at trump. this country has lost it's way..............

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PUB78 said:

lol. You know Biden's speech must have been good considering how short and reaching for criticism Mohlers article about it ended up being. 

“If Americans send me a Congress that supports the right to choose I promise you: I will restore Roe v. Wade as the law of the land again.” Those remarks are just as printed in the text released by the White House. Does the president of the United States believe that voters send him a Congress? Is he an emperor who can now say “I will restore Roe v. Wade as the law of the land again?”

What...? Biden was telling Americans that if they vote in a congress that supports abortion then he'll sign bills for it that they pass. How is Mohler twisting that into "Biden thinks he's a king that owns congress!!!" Silly thing to write.

He threw in the expected support for LGBTQ advancement and transgender claims, even apparently referring to transgender rights as “fundamental rights.” Try explaining that to James Madison or John Adams.

Uh huh....maybe...just maybe...we shouldn't base our entire premise of human rights and liberties in 2024 on the opinions of men who lived in an era where human beings were owned and sold as property and women weren't allowed to vote or work outside of the home. 

Who cares what James Madison or John Adams would think about allowing lgbtq people to live their lives the way they want? 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.al.com/news/2024/03/sex-trafficking-victim-karla-jacinto-romero-politicians-like-katie-britt-only-want-an-image.html

And the sex trafficking victim that Britt talked about in her speech apparently doesn't appreciate being used as a political pawn, and having her story be twisted and manipulated to try and score political points.   

I generally try to stay away from Republicans crocodile tear speeches these days. They lack any substance, because none of them actually care about anything but massaging Trump’s taint. But I’m glad I went back and watched this. That was fantastic! How embarrassing. Alabama needs to do some soul searching, because these clowns they’re electing aren’t doing much for Bama’s already sketchy history.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I generally try to stay away from Republicans crocodile tear speeches these days. They lack any substance, because none of them actually care about anything but massaging Trump’s taint. But I’m glad I went back and watched this. That was fantastic! How embarrassing. Alabama needs to do some soul searching, because these clowns they’re electing aren’t doing much for Bama’s already sketchy history.

do you have a list of the maga's who massaged trumps taint that are on the fame? i dare you. i mean i double dog dare you auciv................grins

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

https://www.al.com/news/2024/03/sex-trafficking-victim-karla-jacinto-romero-politicians-like-katie-britt-only-want-an-image.html

And the sex trafficking victim that Britt talked about in her speech apparently doesn't appreciate being used as a political pawn, and having her story be twisted and manipulated to try and score political points.   

katie made it sound like biden when it happened under bush? did i hear that right? i am sure if i am wrong i will egt a few replies............

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

lol. You know Biden's speech must have been good considering how short and reaching for criticism Mohlers article about it ended up being. 

What...? Biden was telling Americans that if they vote in a congress that supports abortion then he'll sign bills for it that they pass. How is Mohler twisting that into "Biden thinks he's a king that owns congress!!!" Silly thing to write.

Uh huh....maybe...just maybe...we shouldn't base our entire premise of human rights and liberties in 2024 on the opinions of men who lived in an era where human beings were owned and sold as property and women weren't allowed to vote or work outside of the home. 

Who cares what James Madison or John Adams would think about allowing lgbtq people to live their lives the way they want? 

MAGA = roll back the clock of social progress and justice

It is official: Alabama is the laughing stock of the Senate.