SECT Semifinals - Men vs MS State

Just now, e808 said:

UF. I think that loss was just a bad spot after an emotional win and Florida was well rested

Agreed 

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

Chris Hubbard told Broome: "Go win that s***" 🥹 Thanks kid, now transfer to Auburn Lmao. 

🤣 😂 

• Like 2

To have a chance we need to play TAM.  TAM shoots the ball better than State and has more point guards that can take over a game. We don't have the talent to play with UF. 

Edited by Auburn93
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Auburn93 said:

To have a chance we need to play TAM to win. TAM shoots the ball better than State and has more point guards that can take over a game. We don't have the talent to play with UF. 

😕🤔

• Like 2

I'm most impressed with how they hung on after that late lead evaporated down to 1 with about 5 minutes left. Looked like Hubbard was about to take over.

• Like 4

This was a team win. 5 players in double figures and 8 players scored. Jaylin did not have a great game but still scored 13 and hit 4 key free throws in crunch time. Who may have been most important player was Cardwell playing great D in 1st half when Broome was in foul trouble then when Miss. State made run in 2nd half and cut to 1 point lead he came in made some great Defensive plays and two dunks to open lead back to 5.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 3

Pearl just told everyone to come to Tennessee, go to church , then to Nashville for the title game 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

73-66 good guys.

That was a fight. It was good to see the guys get tough and step up.

I still say this team has not reached its potential yet. 

You don't think Cmoore has not played to his potential? Cmoore is doing what the less talented guys should be doing in order for a team to advance. We are playing to our potential.

Of course there’s still tomorrow to go but this couldn’t have gone any better for this squad. Build conference by blowing out one of top SEC teams in South Carolina and then grind out a win against a physical crew in Miss State. That’s kind of team development and chemistry we needed for a final push in the postseason. War Eagle!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

So would you rather play UF or A&M?

A&M. We've been able to handle Radford and Taylor IV. But UF has those bigs and tall guards...

• Like 2

They're nerve-wracking, but the guys needed to win this sort of a game.  Glad to have a chance to play for a title.

8 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

FL… ATM has our number. 

Florida is too long. It was easy for them to beat us earlier in the year, just like it was easy for us to kill SC twice. I know TAM will be difficult to beat, but Florida is too long and can do everything else. 

Sure wish Aden could get going.  He didn't score today, and had several open shots.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Pearl just told everyone to come to Tennessee, go to church , then to Nashville for the title game 

Well he corrected  and said come to Tenn and go to church first. Anyway the game is at noon

• Haha 1

Just now, Auburn93 said:

Florida is too long. It was easy for them to beat us earlier in the year, just like it was easy for us to kill SC twice. I know TAM will be difficult to beat, but Florida is too long and can do everything else. 

That game was a bad spot for Auburn. Auburn had just blown out their rival. Florida had a week off and desperately needed a quad 1 win. I believe it will be a much different game against them this time around .Buzz has been a constant thorn in Auburns side.

1 minute ago, Auburn93 said:

They manhandled uat and were relentless.

• Like 1

Just now, WillMunny said:

Sure wish Aden could get going.  He didn't score today, and had several open shots.

Aden needs to hit the gym and get stronger. In second half of the year he got much better on D. He will never be thick but he can get a lot stronger.

With more strength and his stroke it will help when they play him physical he will be able to beat the physical D and then hit open shots that he creates.

I expect a much better player next year.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Chris Hubbard told Broome: "Go win that s***" 🥹 Thanks kid, now transfer to Auburn Lmao. 

I saw that.  Mad props to Hubbard doe that!  

I don't care which one it is in the finals.  Either will be tough, and we have some revenge motivation against Florida. And the tougher the game, the better prep for the big dance.  Kudos to Miss State for knocking off Tennessee and giving us a tough fight.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

A&M. We've been able to handle Radford and Taylor IV. But UF has those bigs and tall guards...

UF will shoot down our inside game and then we have to hit threes. It is AM all day long.