SECT Semifinals - Men vs MS State

4 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Aden needs to hit the gym and get stronger. In second half of the year he got much better on D. He will never be thick but he can get a lot stronger.

With more strength and his stroke it will help when they play him physical he will be able to beat the physical D and then hit open shots that he creates.

I expect a much better player next year.

He is got to better scoring when he is open. MSU let him miss. Pressure is too much for him. He shoots better in second halves when we have a lead.

• Like 1

Tomorrow will be like a home game for us. Our fans travel well. That should help.

• Like 1

Bruce and Golden are good friends, back before the season game Bruce said he didn’t want to beat them or something to that effect and he’s probably a better coach than Buzzy

4 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Tomorrow will be like a home game for us. Our fans travel well. That should help.

I just bought my tix. Ready to roll. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I’m not sure my heart can take basketball! What a fantastic slug-fest!!! Those MSU players are brutes.  That one guy literally went after Broome’s eyes and got his nose instead.  And it was a no call. 😡

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 3rdgeneration said:

I’m not sure my heart can take basketball! What a fantastic slug-fest!!! Those MSU players are brutes.  That one guy literally went after Broome’s eyes and got his nose instead.  And it was a no call. 😡

Had to bite my lip a few times watching with my wife but she knows what I was thinking about her team. 🙄

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Had to bite my lip a few times watching with my wife but she knows what I was thinking about her team. 🙄

Oh, Lord. I forgot she was a bulldog.  That must have been tough.  My daughter kept shushing me because I was yelling in front of our 2 yo grandson.  Also, pray for me tm.  I volunteered at the church from 2-4.  🤦‍♀️ 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, gr82be said:

if you are scared just say you are scared..................grins

• Haha 3

I think I'd rather face TAM. UF's big men would nullify the best part of our game, and we'd have to rely on our weakest part: outside shooting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Oh, Lord. I forgot she was a bulldog.  That must have been tough.  My daughter kept shushing me because I was yelling in front of our 2 yo grandson.  Also, pray for me tm.  I volunteered at the church from 2-4.  🤦‍♀️ 

Well, if you just happened to wake up with Covid symptoms tomorrow, no one would blame you for staying home for the safety of others...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Some of yall might get the tamu wish if this keeps up. I personally prefer Florida . There is to much evidence of Tamu giving Auburn fits no matter where they play. Their guard play is Uber hot right now

• Like 1

As y'all have said, a tough, gritty, win for us in a close game...  all good for the Tigers! As a couple of y'all have said, watching basketball is exhausting! In a football game there can be whole stretches where not much important is happening but not so in basketball! I'm amazed at y'all who post during the game for the simple reason that I can't sit in front of my computer (or phone). I'm up pacing all over the house!

Seems to me that in the last month or so Aden has played well about every other game (which is better than the month before that). He played well yesterday (hit some shoots, very few turnovers), then not so well today (no shots & more turnovers), so I'm hoping he's going to be good tomorrow. The play of our point guards will be key, I think, to how long we keep playing in March. They're getting better, & I expect both of them to become very good. But we need them to learn & play better now. I'm not asking for great, but they need to be like yesterday rather than today.

I wonder if we could convince Hubbard to transfer. :)  He has such a sweet shot! 

• Like 2

TAM looking better than UF, so far.

9 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Well, if you just happened to wake up with Covid symptoms tomorrow, no one would blame you for staying home for the safety of others...

I think I’m taking a bullet for the team, being in God’s holy house. I can say extra prayers and try really hard not to cuss.  😁

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Our win today was our first single digit win this season.  All our other wins were by double digits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTNupe11 said:

A&M. We've been able to handle Radford and Taylor IV. But UF has those bigs and tall guards...

My thoughts, too, and a&m is killing em right now. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger

42 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Yes, there is such a thing as a false negative so she shouldn’t take any chances. 

40 minutes ago, e808 said:

Some of yall might get the tamu wish if this keeps up. I personally prefer Florida . There is to much evidence of Tamu giving Auburn fits no matter where they play. Their guard play is Uber hot right now

There is also evidence that we beat TAM and lost to Florida. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, gr82be said:

There is also evidence that we beat TAM and lost to Florida. 

Yes and it wasn’t an easy win at home. Florida won at home and we all know Auburns road woes. I guess we will soon find out 

Texas A&M and Florida are both top rebounding teams not only in the SEC but in the country. Florida has some trees down in the paint and Texas A&M has 3 guards that are all healthy now and playing out of their minds. Both of these teams have given us trouble through the years but I can guarantee you that neither of those teams look forward to facing us tomorrow. 

One thing that A&M has done during this tourney is score alot and play with some good pace. Buzz Williams teams usually try to slow the game WAAAAY down, similar to Tony Bennett's Virginia teams. Buzz even said before they played Kentucky yesterday that his guys were gonna have to muddy the game up, run the shot-clock down most possessions and play tough defense without fouling. He knew his team didn't have the talent that Kentucky does but A&M handled them very well and it has really shocked me how A&M is able to play at a pretty fast pace. Foul trouble is killing them in this game right now and that's allowed Florida back in it. 

As deep as the SEC is now, nothing's going to be a cakewalk if you contend for the conference title. I like our chances tomorrow and Bruce seems to have this team dialed in and focused the last couple weeks. WDE

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Texas A&M and Florida are both top rebounding teams not only in the SEC but in the country. Florida has some trees down in the paint and Texas A&M has 3 guards that are all healthy now and playing out of their minds. Both of these teams have given us trouble through the years but I can guarantee you that neither of those teams look forward to facing us tomorrow. 

One thing that A&M has done during this tourney is score alot and play with some good pace. Buzz Williams teams usually try to slow the game WAAAAY down, similar to Tony Bennett's Virginia teams. Buzz even said before they played Kentucky yesterday that his guys were gonna have to muddy the game up, run the shot-clock down most possessions and play tough defense without fouling. He knew his team didn't have the talent that Kentucky does but A&M handled them very well and it has really shocked me how A&M is able to play at a pretty fast pace. Foul trouble is killing them in this game right now and that's allowed Florida back in it. 

As deep as the SEC is now, nothing's going to be a cakewalk if you contend for the conference title. I like our chances tomorrow and Bruce seems to have this team dialed in and focused the last couple weeks. WDE

If we play UF, we will be the underdog. UF will feel very confident in beating us. We need TAM to win this game. Fatigue and UF's talent is getting to them. We don't have the offensive talent to stay with UF.

Edited by Auburn93

A&M has an atrocity of an offense; they pretty much either have Radford/Wade go off or they stink. I don't think we'll get our wish, but it's impossible to look at their roster vs Florida's and look at A&M's as more of a challenge 

• Like 1

Is ATM Auburn's Kryptonite or is is Florida?  That is the question. ;D

We have a history with both.

Edited by homersapien