SECT Semifinals - Men vs MS State

Nebraska is breaking my heart right now. Led Illinois by 14, now trails. I would really like it if Illinois lost today- one of the teams in that 3 seed mix.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

If we play UF, we will be the underdog. UF will feel very confident in beating us. We need TAM to win this game. Fatigue and UF's talent is getting to them. We don't have the offensive talent to stay with UF.

Auburn won’t be an underdog to Florida. Putting too much into that home win. If they played at Auburn as well u could pretty much guarantee Auburn would have paid them back

• Like 2

That's why UF worried me more. A&M's guards need to be hot the whole game to beat us. They can't take a half off like they've done against UF. 

Sounds like number 11 for Florida has exceeded his normal output by a lot in this game 

From what I have seen it’s been the battle of the guards . State guards cooled off and Floridas started making shots

20 minutes ago, e808 said:

Auburn won’t be an underdog to Florida. Putting too much into that home win. If they played at Auburn as well u could pretty much guarantee Auburn would have paid them back

UF will make it to the elite eight. Did  you not watch UF's size bother a team that has strong guards? Did you not watch them hit a bunch of three's? 

Edited by Auburn93

7 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

UF will make it to the elite eight. Did  you not watch UF's size bother a team that has strong guards? Did you not watch them hit a bunch of three's? 

the-joker-heath-ledger.gif

• Like 1

Just now, aubcali said:

the-joker-heath-ledger.gif

Florida deserves a ton of praise, but my guy makes it seem like we may as well not show up to the game haha. Florida isn't THAT bad a mismatch. 

• Like 3

I think:

• We will have the crowd.
  • UF will have the boards.
  • We must shoot well from the outside to win.
  • I'm already getting nervous.

Let's go Aden. UF will probably afford you some open looks while they double team elsewhere at times.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Florida deserves a ton of praise, but my guy makes it seem like we may as well not show up to the game haha. Florida isn't THAT bad a mismatch. 

Yeah, they lost to Vandy last Saturday. They are a really good team, but come on. He is talking like that are UConn, the 1990 UNLV Runnin' Rebels, or the 1996 Kentucky Wildcats.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Idk about know elite 8 and all that stuff. Like I said Auburn won’t be the underdog. Floridas bigs didn’t do much of anything. All the damage was done on the perimeter and they made a lot of three in the second half. They also had a guard that shot way above his average. Auburn just needs to stay attached and they will be fine. Aden defense was good today . He just stunk it up on offense. If Auburn keeps their turnovers down they will be fine. They also owe Florida a receipt. Extra motivation 

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I am glad I wasn’t the only one that thought he was a negative Nancy.  

Our bigs are not bad.  Our guards are better than they get credit for.  We need to play Florida again for revenge as well as being tested.   Bruce talks about matchups.  I want to see if he can figure this one out.  

We will also have the crowd advantage tomorrow.  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Exactly. I still stand on them beating Auburn as a situational lose and Auburn hasn’t played well on the road

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

Yeah, they lost to Vandy last Saturday. They are a really good team, but come on. He is talking like that are UConn, the 1990 UNLV Runnin' Rebels, or the 1996 Kentucky Wildcats.

Exactly...and I think there's value in saying there's elements of a matchup we just don't know about too. Bruce Pearl seems to be otherworldly good at putting the battery in his team's back when he has a squad of rabid dogs. You can't calculate "want to". At the very least, I think our want to will be much, much higher than it was in Gainesville.

This is also a core that had 0 (ZERO!) conference tourney wins with Auburn. There's not a single player on this roster that won even a single conference tourney game here. You can't calculate that level of depravity when you're looking at the tale of the tape. 

Florida has shown me that Todd Golden isn't too bad in that regard himself. He's a brilliant Xs and Os coach. He's even worked with Pearl in these type scenarios, so he knows the guy. But I don't know yet if he is better at putting that championship level hype into his men than CBP, who's done it. 

2 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

I am glad I wasn’t the only one that thought he was a negative Nancy.  

Our bigs are not bad.  Our guards are better than they get credit for.  We need to play Florida again for revenge as well as being tested.   Bruce talks about matchups.  I want to see if he can figure this one out.  

We will also have the crowd advantage tomorrow.  

Right - I'm someone that rather see an easy peasy matchup and get a tournament ring, rather than have a long Big Dance run (if I gotta have one or the other). But matchups like Miss St and Florida are markers if your team actually improved. We played Miss St's game and we won. Florida has a roster that is a mismatch for ours; they have multiple guards great at driving so we can't really hide Aden and Tre. They got unlimited bigs for Broome, so he's gonna have to play out his mind to be great. But this matchup tells you if your boys can be who they need to be and if your coaches can help them achieve those goals.

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Exactly. I still stand on them beating Auburn as a situational lose and Auburn hasn’t played well on the road

Like I said in the earlier post, I do completely believe they have a roster that we don't matcup well with, but in a neutral game, I just don't think it's so large that we have no chance at all. Maybe I'd give Florida something like a 60% chance to win? That feels like a fair number

• Like 2

50/50 and let's just watch the game and see.

We just won back to back road neutral games.

21 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Right - I'm someone that rather see an easy peasy matchup and get a tournament ring, rather than have a long Big Dance run (if I gotta have one or the other). But matchups like Miss St and Florida are markers if your team actually improved. We played Miss St's game and we won. Florida has a roster that is a mismatch for ours; they have multiple guards great at driving so we can't really hide Aden and Tre. They got unlimited bigs for Broome, so he's gonna have to play out his mind to be great. But this matchup tells you if your boys can be who they need to be and if your coaches can help them achieve those goals.

Like I said in the earlier post, I do completely believe they have a roster that we don't matcup well with, but in a neutral game, I just don't think it's so large that we have no chance at all. Maybe I'd give Florida something like a 60% chance to win? That feels like a fair number

28 minutes ago, e808 said:

The line is out already. We are a 5.5 point favorite.  Florida is very good, but if we want to go deep into the big dance, we are going to have to beat better teams than them.  We just have to come out and hit our shots.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Wow, Iowa State up by 24 on Houston with 8 minutes left.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

Looks like A & M has lost their legs. Hopefully, Florida will run out of gas at some point too.

agree, UF has to be hurtin in the 2nd half tomorrow

War Damn close game Eagle!!!! 🦅 🐅🐯💙🧡 let’s go bay baaaaaaay!!!!! Yessssirrrrrr!!!!! I fuggin love it!!!!

IMG_7387.jpeg

IMG_7386.jpeg

IMG_7385.jpeg

IMG_7384.jpeg

IMG_7382.jpeg

IMG_7381.jpeg

IMG_7380.jpeg

IMG_7379.jpeg

IMG_7378.jpeg

IMG_7377.jpeg

IMG_7376.jpeg

IMG_7375.jpeg

IMG_7373.jpeg

IMG_7374.jpeg

22 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

If we play UF, we will be the underdog. UF will feel very confident in beating us. We need TAM to win this game. Fatigue and UF's talent is getting to them. We don't have the offensive talent to stay with UF.

We were a 5.5 point favorite at tipoff today. You're the only person that kept saying we would be an underdog. The announcers even stated during the A&M vs Florida game that whoever won that game would be the underdog today versus Auburn. 

Florida beat us because it was in Gainesville, we were only days removed from beating Alabama in a very emotional game and Florida had an entire week off to rest. Auburn is the better team and would be the favorite 10 times out of 10 on a neutral court.

4 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

We were a 5.5 point favorite at tipoff today. You're the only person that kept saying we would be an underdog. The announcers even stated during the A&M vs Florida game that whoever won that game would be the underdog today versus Auburn. 

Florida beat us because it was in Gainesville, we were only days removed from beating Alabama in a very emotional game and Florida had an entire week off to rest. Auburn is the better team and would be the favorite 10 times out of 10 on a neutral court.

After that performance, hard to disagree…I’ll give em the qualifier that they didn’t have Micah, but we had Berman hurt (which matters when our strat was to wear them down with our 10 vs 8), CMo was hurt in the closing stretch, huge foul disparity for most of the game, etc etc

Definitely looked like the better team to me 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1