***** Selection Sunday Thread *****

10 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

Well, I think Florida is better than bama, but point taken.

bammer is a 4-seed. FL a 7-seed. 

20 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

It seems very lazy to me on the part of the committee to finish things up 3 or 4 days ahead of time and not factor in conference tournaments. 

We played two teams we already beat + the SEC’s 6th best team. TN & UK both losing killed our already distant remote chances at a 3-seed.

8 hours ago, Viper said:

AGAIN (for the 4th time)…the best team AU beat this season was 21-11 bammer, at home. 

The best team AU beat in a TRUE road game was 20-12 Ole Miss, who didn’t make the tournament.

We got exactly the seeding we deserved.

we’ll disagree:

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

1 hour ago, nthemix said:

we’ll disagree:

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Show us where the Kenpom and the committee have ever aligned on Selection Sunday.

in this Yale game CBP  may empty the bench in the first 10 min to let the starters rest early to think about Uconn

35 minutes ago, aucat said:

in this Yale game CBP  may empty the bench in the first 10 min to let the starters rest early to think about Uconn

I think he goes to the platoon swap earlier than that. I think CMo has been up around 15 minutes, which is a lot higher than where he was a while ago, but usually CBM gets a bit more burn than the other starters. They also will probably stagger some guys if they have the hot hand. They rode Denver out for a while after he came back from foul trouble in the second half of the SEC CG, and he was shooting the lights out.

You're gonna have so little organic momentum around you in the crowds, I don't think they can afford to do anything but play balls to the wall until the game gets to its waning moments. Those hugely blown leads we've had may simply get you killed in these truly neutral sites

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Viper said:

Show us where the Kenpom and the committee have ever aligned on Selection Sunday.

Did only the Kenpom show up in my post?  I attempted to post three different power ranking all saying the same thing … could probably find another half dozen … the only folks I’ve seen defending the seeding are Bama fans … I listened to numerous shows today & there was a genuine consensus that we got jobbed … but then again what can you expect when the committee has the Bama AD on it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nthemix said:

Did only the Kenpom show up in my post?  I attempted to post three different power ranking all saying the same thing … could probably find another half dozen … the only folks I’ve seen defending the seeding are Bama fans … I listened to numerous shows today & there was a genuine consensus that we got jobbed … but then again what can you expect when the committee has the Bama AD on it

Show us where any poll and the committee have ever aligned on Selection Sunday.

I'm not defending the committee's choices. Merely explaining them to the ignorant and the ones who called me out the last week for *GASP* predicting the committee would keep us a 4-seed even after winning the SEC Tournament.

Speaking of ones who called me out...where is @KillenTime ? Last I heard from him, "I was on here acting like I knew something."

5d6ff152cb3c7d31213de07185ca3730.gif

4 hours ago, aucat said:

for your fun only:

image.png

Looks like they had it set up with Houston as the #1 overall.

It looks like a number of our posters here are letting the seeding spoil the SEC tournament championship. Seeding in the NCAA tournament is what it is for every team. We should enjoy our SEC win. I recorded the game and will watch the whole thing again in a little while. If AU plays well enough to win the whole thing, seeding won't matter anyway. War Eagle and On To Victory!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

The seeding sucks and had we beat Tennessee and Kentucky to win the tournament it might be different.   We are where we are and the truth is we haven't beat anybody of note on the national stage this year except for Bama at home.  I'm happy we may have a shot at UConn. Win that one and all the talk goes away, and then UConn can go home and talk about their lousy seed.   

I can't get too worked up about Yale, but you have to respect anybody who is here and be ready to play.  If we get by that one, it is very sobering to realize that San Diego State is rated higher in KenPom (21, just ahead of Kansas) than anybody we have beaten this year, outside of Bama.  We better bring our A game or we'll be going home after that one.

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Viper said:

Show us where any poll and the committee have ever aligned on Selection Sunday.

I'm not defending the committee's choices. Merely explaining them to the ignorant and the ones who called me out the last week for *GASP* predicting the committee would keep us a 4-seed even after winning the SEC Tournament.

Speaking of ones who called me out...where is @KillenTime ? Last I heard from him, "I was on here acting like I knew something."

5d6ff152cb3c7d31213de07185ca3730.gif

you were spot on with your prediction ... IMO it was a lazy, hack job to have all the seeds done prior to the conference tournaments ... the committee basically just told the college basketball world that those silly things don't matter

I will stand by my statement that we got jobbed ... not advocating for a 1 or 2 but could've easily been a 3 ... with that said & as others have pointed out ... if we're going to win the natty we probably would have to beat UCON somewhere along the way

btw I think a lot of folks here are underestimating Yale ... they are very disciplined & can shoot the three ... I'd like to see a walk but expecting a tough game

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, I browsed around on some Uconn fan forums today and saw some interesting posts about Auburn. They are worried. This post was typical:

The teams that win the tourneys are typically the ones trending at the right time.

Look at Auburn for example.

They had to go play @ Florida and @ Tennessee with no return games.

There wasn't really much separation at the top of the SEC. Tennessee was 14-4 then 4 teams came in right behind them at 13-5.

I watched them destroy South Carolina. Win a terribly officiated wrestling match against Mississippi State lol, and pull away from Florida twice and end up blowing them out as well.

They are #5 in the net. They are literally 2 opponent rankings away from 5 Q1 wins. Mississippi State is #31 (need to be 30) and South Carolina is #51 (need to be 50). They were the only team in college basketball with a top 10 offense and top 10 defense. They are #7 in the latest coaches poll. They are #4 in Kenpom. They won 27 games and 26 of those wins were by double digits.

Don't even get me started on Iowa State who is right there with them.

There isn't a single thing that screams #15 (3rd 4 seed) in regards to Auburn. They should have been the #3 in UNCs bracket.

Don't even get me started with Iowa State lol. They beat Houston 2/3 times. Houston is also dealing with injury issues and are short handed.

I would much rather play Tennessee or Houston vs Auburn or Iowa State at this point. I know we're good enough to win it all and should win it all. I still think the path we gotta go through compared to everyone else is nonsense.

• Like 4

UConn is great but this old fart lives day by day, one game at a time.  It’s true AU and UConn got shafted on the brackets.  As Al Davis used to say, “just win baby.”

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nthemix said:

you were spot on with your prediction ... IMO it was a lazy, hack job to have all the seeds done prior to the conference tournaments ... the committee basically just told the college basketball world that those silly things don't matter

They have been saying that for quite some time.

Committee let UVA in. Bennett and his outdated, boring brand of basketball have a whooping 14 points at halftime! 😂 Hope the Wahoo Cheats continue their wet fart in the 2nd half.

On 3/18/2024 at 5:04 PM, Viper said:

bammer is a 4-seed. FL a 7-seed. 

Florida beat them by a million points twice in the past week or two. And bammer needed a miracle comeback to beat them at Coleman. Bammer is all smoke and mirrors.

9 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

had we beat Tennessee and Kentucky to win the tournament it might be different.

Very doubtful.

9 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

he truth is we haven't beat anybody of note on the national stage this year except for Bama at home

f1f82751-e7b3-4e5f-b445-7baefe0fbc04_tex

7 hours ago, nthemix said:

IMO it was a lazy, hack job to have all the seeds done prior to the conference tournaments ... the committee basically just told the college basketball world that those silly things don't matter

SSDY

I will stand by my statement that we got jobbed ... not advocating for a 1 or 2 but could've easily been a 3

21-11 bammer at home our best win.

ba386cb8-65be-42f6-b317-24c40bfd5b17_tex

with that said & as others have pointed out ... if we're going to win the natty we probably would have to beat UCON somewhere along the way

IF we get by one Final Four team on Sunday, we'll get 4-5 days to prepare for #1.

btw I think a lot of folks here are underestimating Yale ... they are very disciplined & can shoot the three ... I'd like to see a walk but expecting a tough game

FL hit 14 threes the day prior to only hitting one against AU. As a whole, SC, MSU & FL hit 7 threes against AU. We'll be ready for the three-ball.

New Mexico St. gave us all we wanted five years ago in Round 1. They pushed that team around a bit.

Yale is too thin and too finesse to push this team around. We dominate them by double digits.

you were spot on with your prediction

thank-you-gif-the-office-steve-carell.gi

2 hours ago, arktiger1975 said:

Florida beat them by a million points twice in the past week or two. And bammer needed a miracle comeback to beat them at Coleman. Bammer is all smoke and mirrors.

Not disagreeing. Just stating seeding. bammer won more important games than FL.

This is why I hate bitching and moaning by coaches on seeding and location. Just focus on your next opponent.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

This is why I hate bitching and moaning by coaches on seeding and location. Just focus on your next opponent.

This right here ^^^^^.  Didn’t say anything when they were complaining but it’s a bad look on our coaches part.   Just say…we are glad to be in the tournament and have to play a tough Yale team.   End of story.   

• Like 1