***** Selection Sunday Thread *****

Anyone seen the betting odds to win it all?  

1. UConn is +450

2. UH is +500

3. Purdue is +600

4. NC is +1200

5. AZ is +1200

6. Auburn is +1400; so clearly, we should be a 4th seed in the toughest bracket.

7. ISU is +1600

8. UT is +1800

9. UK is +2200

10. Marquette is +2500

I'm guessing if we take out UConn, we might become the favorite betting line to win it all.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, BustemBigBlue said:

I thought I saw a graphic on the screen during warm ups that said a win would likely move us to a #2 seed? Did I imagine that or was it just wildly inaccurate? 

You did not imagine that. I saw it as well and is why I'm shocked to have a low 4 seed. Had that graphic not come up, I would have expected what we got.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WDEagle said:

I didn't catch that but did see the new Coach's Poll

Screenshot 2024-03-17 204517.png

There were some brackets that had us at a 2 seed, I saw 1 with us as a 3rd seed and the majority had us as a 4th seed.  I think someone had us as a 5th seed.

Edited by 81spacetiger

I don't know why this is a shock. 2019 we did the same thing- finished hot, blitzed through and won the SEC tourney, was a 5 seed far away from home. This team doesn't have the fire power of that team but has as much if not more chemistry and moxy. Bring it on!

27 win, SEC tourny champ Auburn's fans will be rewarded with a 4 seed and have to fly cross country to play in Spokane bracket. 
21 win Bama, who didn't make it out of the quarters, was given a 4 seed and bammers only have to drive to play in Memphis. 7 seed Florida's path actually looks better than ours. 

Can't make up this crap.

Edited by aucanucktiger

19 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

You did not imagine that. I saw it as well and is why I'm shocked to have a low 4 seed. Had that graphic not come up, I would have expected what we got.

Is the NCAA’s dislike of BP why Auburn didn’t get  3rd seed and was sent to the regional furthest away?

6 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

27 win, SEC tourny champ Auburn's fans will be rewarded with a 4 seed and have to fly cross country to play in Spokane bracket. 
21 win Bama, who didn't make it out of the quarters, was given a 4 seed and bammers only have to drive to play in Memphis. 7 seed Florida's path actually looks better than ours. 

Can't make up this crap.

Alabama got sent to Spokane with us, along with UAB.  5 of the 8 teams in Spokane are from east of the Mississippi River. 

I'm OK with bashing on ua at any time, though, so I'm on board with the general disdain of the post.

• Like 1

The real question here is whether or not I should wash the shirt I’ve worn for the three days of the tournament.  What do y’all think?

If we make it to Boston, that would be a fun trip! Out of curiosity, I looked up flights to Spokane on Delta-$854 round trip.  Flights to Boston on Delta-$447 round trip.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

The real question here is whether or not I should wash the shirt I’ve worn for the three days of the tournament.  What do y’all think?

If we make it to Boston, that would be a fun trip! Out of curiosity, I looked up flights to Spokane on Delta-$854 round trip.  Flights to Boston on Delta-$447 round trip.  

Don't you dare! I'm not superstitious or anything. You just go with the flow. And stuff. Anyway,

Don't. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

Alabama got sent to Spokane with us, along with UAB.  5 of the 8 teams in Spokane are from east of the Mississippi River. 

I'm OK with bashing on ua at any time, though, so I'm on board with the general disdain of the post.

Part of the problem is there aren't a lot of good teams in the West. Arizona won the PAC 12 and got punked by a mediocre Oregon team in the tourney. Gonzaga is not all that great. 

I'm not one to typically whine about these things, but we got completely hosed. 

Glad we have a coach that knows how to use this. 

• Like 4

Who you are in college sports still means much more than it should. 

Switch the names on the front of the jersey from Auburn to Kentucky with the exact same resume, and they would be a two seed at worst.

• Like 6

I’m pretty peeved that we end up at 4 on the other side of the country, but…

We have momentum and will be fired up, so that’s a plus going into the tourney. 

I wouldn’t want to be playing us right now. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Don't you dare! I'm not superstitious or anything. You just go with the flow. And stuff. Anyway,

Don't. 

I think I agree with you.  It doesn’t really stink. I‘m hoping that we’ll get far enough that it will stink really bad! 😂

Edited by 3rdgeneration
  • Haha 4

I actually like our 1st 2 games in the matchups..

If we make it to the 3rd game, it's gonna be tough, but, same can probably be said for just about everyone else.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 81spacetiger said:

Anyone seen the betting odds to win it all?  

1. UConn is +450

2. UH is +500

3. Purdue is +600

4. NC is +1200

5. AZ is +1200

6. Auburn is +1400; so clearly, we should be a 4th seed in the toughest bracket.

7. ISU is +1600

8. UT is +1800

9. UK is +2200

10. Marquette is +2500

I'm guessing if we take out UConn, we might become the favorite betting line to win it all.

The team with the 6th best odds to win it all is a 4 seed. 

We got robbed, boys. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, cbo said:

We got robbed, boys. 

The die is cast. Just win, baby.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I think I agree with you.  It doesn’t really stink. I‘m hoping that we’ll get far enough that it will stink really bad! 😂

That's why Febreze was invented...just spray it on the pits of the shirt and you're good to go. ;D

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, WillMunny said:

Just a few short hours after Auburn won a big SEC Championship, we learn that we draw the worst NCAA 4-seed, when we kinda thought we deserved a 3-seed. Talk about having no time to celebrate...

bammer was ranked #16 by the committee, the worst NCAA 4-seed. AU #15.

I'll say it again...based off the best team we beat all season, 21-11 bammer, at home, we deserved a 4-seed.

The rest of us are celebrating a SEC Championship.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

Selection Committee Chairman stated that two of the main factors in bracket placement were Quad 1 wins and wins on the road. Home wins were diminished as a primary factor. These criteria hurt us.

Quad 1 wins have always been the most valued criteria.

I reiterated that last Monday...yet @AU Is Gold and @KillenTime ignored that annual RECURRING NCAA committee fact by stating winning the SEC Tournament guaranteed a 3-seed..........

On 3/11/2024 at 11:41 PM, Viper said:

If we wanted a higher seed than 4, we should have gone at least 3-5 in Quad 1 games.

Quad 1 wins are valued the most above all else by the committee. When has that ever changed?

On 3/11/2024 at 12:25 PM, KillenTime said:

If we win it, I think we nail down a 3.

On 3/16/2024 at 12:53 AM, AU Is Gold said:

If Auburn wins these next two it will be a guaranteed 3 seed.

2 hours ago, cbo said:

We got robbed, boys. 

Sounds like Vegas is your friend.

3 hours ago, Eagle-2 said:

Switch the names on the front of the jersey from Auburn to Kentucky with the exact same resume, and they would be a two seed at worst.

Compete BS.

UK won at TN. We lost at TN.

Switch those two wins around and we are the 3 and UK is the 4.

That opponent on the road was THAT important. It's as simple as that.

4 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I don't know why this is a shock. 2019 we did the same thing- finished hot, blitzed through and won the SEC tourney, was a 5 seed far away from home. This team doesn't have the fire power of that team but has as much if not more chemistry and moxy. Bring it on!

More depth. That has been our key all season. Bruce & the coaches have been subbing brilliantly. As tempting as it is to leave Broome in for more offense instead of subbing in Cardwell in the 2nd Half, the rotation has been brilliant down the stretch.

FL trimmed the lead to 1 point with 17 mins left, then we stepped on their necks and blew their doors off. FL and their 7-man rotation was gassed the last 10 mins of the game.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2