***** Selection Sunday Thread *****

If I'm stealing anyone's thunder, my apologies.  I figure a place for general discussion about the bracket, both AU and non-AU related, is in order.

5 or so hours until we know where we're headed...hopefully as a #3 seed. 🤞

Multiple bid thieves last night/today (NC State, Oregon, Temple/UAB winner, arguably New Mexico) have lots of schools sweating it out.  Usually there's 1 or 2 that people talk about as being significant omissions, but I think there may be more than that this year.

Ready to get this thing going!

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

If I'm stealing anyone's thunder, my apologies.  I figure a place for general discussion about the bracket, both AU and non-AU related, is in order.

5 or so hours until we know where we're headed...hopefully as a #3 seed. 🤞

Multiple bid thieves last night/today (NC State, Oregon, Temple/UAB winner, arguably New Mexico) have lots of schools sweating it out.  Usually there's 1 or 2 that people talk about as being significant omissions, but I think there may be more than that this year.

Ready to get this thing going!

Temple/UAB isn’t a bid steal situation.  USF or Florida Atlantic aren’t going to make it. 

Edited by NCAubs

4 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

Temple/UAB isn’t a bid steal situation.  USF or Florida Atlantic aren’t going to make it. 

Sure is, actually.  Neither of those teams was getting in without winning their conference tournament...both of them have NET rankings in the triple digits.  

15 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

Sure is, actually.  Neither of those teams was getting in without winning their conference tournament...both of them have NET rankings in the triple digits.  

If only one team from a conference is going to make the field by winning their tournament….who the frick are they stealing the bid from?

NC State stole a bid last night from an at large.  They would not make the field without the conference tournament win but their conference is getting multiple bids.  

It’s really just math…unless your contention is that UAB/Temple is stealing the bid from USF.  I would say that was more a bid being lost rather than stolen.  

Upon further review, it may or may not be.  Florida Atlantic has a shot at an at large.  

FAU was the AAC' only candidate for an at-large bid (and are still projected to be in), so the AAC is now a two-bid league instead of a one-bid league.

Teams like Seton Hall, Virginia and St. John's did not want to see the likes of Temple or NC State winning yesterday.

7 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

FAU was the AAC' only candidate for an at-large bid (and are still projected to be in), so the AAC is now a two-bid league instead of a one-bid league.

Teams like Seton Hall, Virginia and St. John's did not want to see the likes of Temple or NC State winning yesterday.

Agreed.  I originally did not think FAU was still projected as an at large. 

I'm just glad we're not one of the teams white-knuckling it today like we were in 2003. 

• Like 1

Going to shamelessly bump my own thread, as it's about that time.

We beat South Carolina so bad Friday that it knocked them out of being a Quad 1 win for us!!! 😂😂 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

Hope the Wahoo Cheats get sent to the NIT. It's karma deserved that they have done nothing since 2019.

4 seed...bull****.

• Like 3

UConn was the 1 seed I was hoping not to see in our region, but whatever...we ran a gauntlet in 2019.  Go get 'em.

• Like 2

Making it to UConn would be a chance to right 2021 which was an unbelievable game

We got Screwed, Screwed, Screwed!  We should have easily been a 3 seed after this weekend, and then got put up with the #1 Overall seed. S C R E W E D! And no Vaseline provided!  Thanks Committee Idiots!!!!!!

1 minute ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

What do we know about Yale? 

Took them a last second shot to beat a terrible Brown team. We can handle them but they usually have some shooters. Just need to clamp down on them. I like the matchup. 

Just now, ArgoEagle said:

We got Screwed, Screwed, Screwed!  We should have easily been a 3 seed after this weekend, and then got put up with the #1 Overall seed. S C R E W E D! And no Vaseline provided!  Thanks Committee Idiots!!!!!!

Saw it coming a mile away. Honestly, I wouldn't want to see BYU in round two or Iowa State in the Sweet 16 so i'm cool with it. Gotta pull up our big boy pants if we make it to UCONN. 

• Like 3

Wonder how this “committee” works?   All schools have rivals but I’m sure it doesn’t help us that the bammer AD is on this selection committee 

• Angry 1

Illinois got rewarded for winning their conference tourney championship...Auburn did not. 

Actually....we got screwed with location and seeding. Based on the way their corner of the bracket played out...we will have to play uconn in the sweet 16 and most likely Iowa st two days later....if we make it that far. Since the bottom half of the east bracket does not look like a challenge for Iowa St.

At least we got a great 1st location close to Auburn. Spokane is just a puddle jump from Auburn.

Edited by dmbseeker00

I believe Yale plays at a snails pace. Good thing Auburn can play multiple styles. Auburn just has to play Auburn ball and they will be fine

• Like 2

I watched some of Yale's game today. They do not look athletic.

1 minute ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

What do we know about Yale? 

Their big passed the ball well today but he's slow and doesn't look for his shot. They were really fortunate to win today. Had to make two shots in the final minutes to beat an 11-19 team in Brown. The game looked like it was two 5A Alabama high school teams playing. My cold take: An Auburn win by 10+. The second round is where it will be interesting.