***** Selection Sunday Thread *****

Where is the sweet 16 played when we get there?

• Like 2

All we gotta do is kick the s*** out of UConn. I’m game for that. Got em right where we want em. 

• Like 2

Just now, thewhiz7 said:

Where is the sweet 16 played when we get there?

Boston

This is better than being a 1 seed! I love it! We are Auburn, and we’re coming with the wind at our backs and a sword in our hand. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

This is better than being a 1 seed! I love it! We are Auburn, and we’re coming with the wind at our backs and a sword in our hand. 

Yep. 1 seeds haven’t down well. CBP can say see they still don’t believe in u

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Boston

That's the only bad news. Will be a home game for Uconn. I think I will book a flight and a room. We Gotta show up.

29 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Im good with it.  
Our team is confident.  We believe we can beat anybody!

And we play better with a chip on our shoulder.   
Also, this draw isn’t as bad as the one we had in 2019!

the coaching staff is not.

1 minute ago, AU Is Gold said:

At least everyone agrees it makes zero sense. 

Obviously not everyone. SOME of us predicted it. You others chose to ostrich your head in the sand, predict a "guaranteed 3 seed" and looked forward to SOME of us returning to eat crow.

If you acknowledge history, accept it and learn from it, you might be a better prognosticator next time instead of criticizing those who warned you it was coming.

@AU Is Gold @KillenTime

Dig in...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ77EMpoQ2ROyT4VlBK3Nj

This does seem like a somewhat better UConn roster to have to play than last year's. Still deserve to be the top overall seed after Houston got slapped up, but I think the one from last year had a pretty insane roster 

If anyone should be mad it’s UConn. That’s a brutal draw for the top overall seed. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

the coaching staff is not.

CBP more than likely doesn’t care . He is on record saying they need 9 wins. They already have 3. Until the games are played it might not be as brutal. Right now the focus is going 1-0

Just remember, we were saying the same thing back in 2019 with our selections.  Got to go through the big guys eventually.  Bring them on. 

• Like 4

Just now, abw0004 said:

Just remember, we were saying the same thing back in 2019 with our selections.  Got to go through the big guys eventually.  Bring them on. 

It actually made the team better and still performed at a high level without Chuma. Just couldn’t overcome the refs

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, AUDub said:

All we gotta do is kick the s*** out of UConn. I’m game for that. Got em right where we want em. 

I'm thinking Uconn is not too pleased to see us in their way. I don't think anyone wants to play us because they know it will be a knockdown, drag out dogfight to the level they haven't had to play much this year.  Florida did their darndest to stay out of half-court basketball against us today.  That was telling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arktiger1975 said:

Well, this put a damper on the weekend.

No. Hell no it doesn't. Cheese and crackers, I am so glad our team isn't the whiney butts some of you guys are. We made the dance. Almost every team is good. We won the SEC tournament. Every team we played was good. Is there ever a time some of you can ever be happy? My guess is if we won it all , you'll immediately start whining about recruiting or whatever. Remember Bruce hasn't won a tournament game since 2019? When we didn't even play in two of them? Yeah. War Eagle. If we win it all , we're gonna have to play whoever, whenever. And if we don't, it was a helluva year. 

War Eagle. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Selection Committee Chairman stated that two of the main factors in bracket placement were Quad 1 wins and wins on the road. Home wins were diminished as a primary factor. These criteria hurt us.

1 hour ago, arktiger1975 said:

Well, this put a damper on the weekend.

How so? Was well-circulated we were a strong 5-seed going in. Of SC, MSU and FL, we beat no one worthy of launching us 5 spots up the ladder into a weak 3-seed. I pointed this out on Friday after the top 3 seeds went down. That path of three mediocre teams cemented us as a 4-seed.

We are SEC Tournament Champions for only the 3rd time in our history. Nothing damper about that.

• Like 2

Just a few short hours after Auburn won a big SEC Championship, we learn that we draw the worst NCAA 4-seed, when we kinda thought we deserved a 3-seed. Talk about having no time to celebrate...

It's a bummer. More to some than others, of course.

If I had to guess, I'd say that our lopsided home loss to KY on Gameday mattered more to the Committee than did our SEC Championship.  That reasoning would fall in line with the Committee giving KY a 3-seed.

But like someone said, if we win the whole thing, we'd have to beat great teams along the way anyway.

• Like 2

Times of games are out.

Tip is at 3 PM CDT on Friday.  Bleah...will have to track on my phone.

I thought I saw a graphic on the screen during warm ups that said a win would likely move us to a #2 seed? Did I imagine that or was it just wildly inaccurate? 

1 minute ago, BustemBigBlue said:

I thought I saw a graphic on the screen during warm ups that said a win would likely move us to a #2 seed? Did I imagine that or was it just wildly inaccurate? 

I didn't catch that but did see the new Coach's Poll

Screenshot 2024-03-17 204517.png

• Like 5