Next Year’s Bigs

I think we are set up really well for our front court next season. I feel much better about having Chaney as our experienced 4 next year. He has started playing really good ball at the end of the season. Things don’t look too fast for him now. He and Jacki should hold things down at the 4 spot. That Jacki kid is supposed to be all kinds of athletic. Be fun to have another high flyer at that position! 

Center is more up in the air. But I feel pretty good that Cardwell comes back. Not expecting Broome too just based on how they talked about him almost going pro last year after getting good feedback. Figure that feedback is better now that he has improved his 3 pt shot and soon better all around offense. Scott will be in play as well but I have no idea how ready he is. I’d be worried if we didn’t sign an impact starter type at center during the offseason. Not panicked…but worried

11 hours ago, e808 said:

Based on past practice the Sec tournament is only good for bubble teams. Other than that if u are already in, it doesn’t matter if u lose the first game  or win the entire tournament 

Probably a statement about the depth of the conference. About half the conference could have conceivably gotten hot and won the tournament.

On 3/17/2024 at 4:18 PM, AUApostle said:

Where is the size/height going to come from next year?

The portal

On 3/17/2024 at 4:18 PM, AUApostle said:

Any guesses on transfers we may be in the market for?  Gut feeling on Cardwell staying (he has a COVID year, right?)

He almost transferred last year so I would not assume he is a lock to return.