NCAA Round 1 - AU vs Yale

8 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Just need the rest of the sec teams to get beat especially uat . 

I just unfriended some rival SEC fans on Facebook who were gloating about our loss. F the rest of the SEC, every last one of the teams.

• Like 3

We had a perfect play to win or go to OT and it all worked except for putting 2 FT in the basket!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, e808 said:

That pretty much sums it up. That’s how it looks anyways as the SEC is getting taken to the woodshed in this tournament.  

SEC: It’s just meaningless 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eagle-2 said:

If we're being honest we all knew we had weak points that were bound to show up sooner or later. 

Desperately need to fix the point guard position. Love KD but more often than not u got the bad version this year

• Like 2

Just now, e808 said:

Desperately need to fix the point guard position. Love KD but more often than not u got the bad version this year

What was he, like 25% from 3?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

He was worse last year

2 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

He wasn’t today. The Yale player hit him in the throat. I would’ve been angry too.

I’ve seen this said but I personally didn’t see it happen live. Can’t wait to see what everyone is referring to. 

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

Is Tennessee the only team that has won? Hopefully it stays that way after tonight, too.

I get it.  But if the sec gets tagged as an over rated conf it’ll hurt us in future seeds and rankings.

1 minute ago, yngwie1995 said:

What was he, like 25% from 3?

Maybe worse

We had a team built for this minus guards. We need a confident PG. And CBM was huge for us. Minus Broome couldn't be without him. 

This is pretty sad

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

We didn't full court press not ONCE! Literally let Yale walk up the court and set up their offense. 

Well, we had one player kicked out, one playing with a hobbled ankle and 3 players had 3 fouls in what seemed like the first 3 minutes of the game. I'll put it this way, if we played 6-7 players like they did , we would have at least 3 scrubs in the game in the middle of the 2nd half, and 4-5 scrubs by the end of the game. So there's that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Had a chance to get the lead and he wasted it it with his reckless dribbling and breakneck pace. 

His 3 point shooting was gone down the stretch of this season and he still chucked them up

• Like 2

1 minute ago, e808 said:

That pretty much sums it up. That’s how it looks anyways as the SEC is getting taken to the woodshed in this tournament.  

Basketball is almost completely about talent. The SEC out recruits Yale level teams substantially. It’s more likely that we all had the same issue. We came in with a sense of entitlement and weren’t playing focused basketball. That’s definitely what caught UK as well. I didn’t see the other SEC games. But I’d suspect the same thing with them as well. 

• Like 2

Who’s the idiot on here who said they would much rather win the SEC tournament than make a deep run in the NCAA tournament? That was one of the dumbest posts I had ever seen on this site, but whoever you are, you got your wish.

• Haha 4

Just now, cole256 said:

We had a team built for this minus guards. We need a confident PG. And CBM was huge for us. Minus Broome couldn't be without him. 

This is pretty sad

I think Tre has been money this year. I won't mention anyone else.

Well, at least now Bruce and company can start recruiting...the portal is open and we need some upgrades in PG BADLY. 

• Like 3

Just now, difball said:

Had a chance to get the lead and he wasted it it with his reckless dribbling and breakneck pace. 

His 3 point shooting was gone down the stretch of this season and he still chucked them up

I for one am glad to see him gone. Appreciate his efforts but I think over the course of the past few years the bad clearly outweighs the good. He’s cost us more than once at critical times. 

• Thanks 1

This loss is an embarrassment and an extremely disappointing end to a great season.

YALE!! Fringen YALE!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I’ve seen this said but I personally didn’t see it happen live. Can’t wait to see what everyone is referring to. 

Didn’t see it either. Pearl said it when they asked him about the ejection. On the previous possession, that player intentionally elbowed him in the throat. Bruce followed that statement by saying CBM should’ve gotten an F1. I strongly agree with him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScotsAU said:

Basketball is almost completely about talent. The SEC out recruits Yale level teams substantially. It’s more likely that we all had the same issue. We came in with a sense of entitlement and weren’t playing focused basketball. That’s definitely what caught UK as well. I didn’t see the other SEC games. But I’d suspect the same thing with them as well. 

I mentioned in that other thread about being scarred from the New Mexico State loss in football and was proceeding with caution. This just dug deeper into 

10 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Disagree. He just needs to refocus that energy. When other players mess with him, he gets angry and loses his cool. He needs to flood that aggression into focus and hit them where it hurts. 

He’s had multiple stops to do just that. Time’s running out.

Just now, ScotsAU said:

Didn’t see it either. Pearl said it when they asked him about the ejection. On the previous possession, that player intentionally elbowed him in the throat. Bruce followed that statement by saying CBM should’ve gotten an F1. I strongly agree with him. 

If he gets an F1, we run them out of the gym. 

• Like 1

CBM should’ve showed more composure … with that said had that happened with a “blue blood” team there is zero chance the player would’ve been tossed 

Ball handling(turnovers)and shooting(bad) were killers in the last 5 min. Refs set the tone early and took the tigers out of their game.  Tigers never got in a groove after the first few minutes. I love CBP, but I have no idea what we tried to do the last 10 min of that game. 

• Like 1