NCAA Round 1 - AU vs Yale

15 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

Like all y 'all, I'm crushed & will need some time to get over this one. When I watched KY play last night I said then that I hope we don't have somebody shoot like that against us. And damn. I can't help but wonder if CBM on him would have made a difference. As Cole said, even if he misses just a couple of those shots, that would have been huge. But despite CBM & that guy's big night... The turnovers. Missed free throws. And can't get a layup to fall. Sometimes it really seems like there really are basketball gods who really have decided against you.

I'm a little different than some of you regarding our guards next year. I hope Aden stays & develops his considerable skills. Same for Tre. Seems to me they have talent so that with development they could be really good. And hopefully smarter after going through this year & learning from it (I hope). Look at Broome's development this year. Huge. And I hope CBM will not want to leave Auburn under these circumstances. The thing about crushing losses is that returning & getting a big win is even sweeter. I hope they'll want to stick together & work together to get such a big win.

Yep this one will hurt more tomorrow and Sunday after we see the results from this weekend. Won’t get any better as the teams left head to sweet 16 and beyond.

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

His first year was 2020-21 iirc, so he should 

Think we only officially lose Williams and Lior. Broome will probably head the nba.

27 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Are we just looking for a nearly full portal rebuild next season? Can't see Broome returning. I'd be surprised if CBM did. We desperately need to upgrade our guard play. I just don't see it with Holloway and Tre is very inconsistent, to say the least. 

You have to upgrade the PG position and like YESTERDAY. Tre might take a leap but he's still a bigger PG with little quickness. We can't keep trying to make combo guards into PGs at this level. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

You have to upgrade the PG position and like YESTERDAY. Tre might take a leap but he's still a bigger PG with little quickness. We can't keep trying to make combo guards into PGs at this level. 

The portal is open and the coaches have been in contact with prospects 

Edited by TigerOne

16 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

And in his 10 years of being here, has he recruited one that has committed and stayed for their entire time here? I can't think of one.... I like the small guards but only if they can shoot and actually be a threat to get down hill. 

Sure would be nice to get some but I won't hold my breath. 

So many unfortunate things since 2019. Okoro lead team seemed to be clicking and then Covid hit. He was able to secure Cooper but not without problems. Then he was in and out of the lineup. I guess he had Scoot but changed his mind and Westry didn’t work out to name a few

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, e808 said:

I still think we got robbed the OKoro. Curious to see how they would have done. The Cooper team hard to say. He was in and out of the lineup so much that year

Yeah, would have been interesting to see what that team with Okoro would do...Cooper team? Probably nothing. We were not good at all and Flanigan was...terrible. 

11 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I know he’s young but he seems so mentally weak. He’s clearly had a big time problem with adjusting to college ball. 

I guess after a season of taking the shots you expect to go in, it compounds. He didn’t have good body language, but I always felt like he competed hard. Just was not mentally in a position to help the team 

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

How do u know this was their best game? Based on what? Maybe AU is a mediocre team in a mediocre league.

I didn’t say for sure that it was. Maybe it wasn’t. But I will say with confidence that this was the second worst showing of Auburn this year. We beat them 9 times out of 10.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Is a total roster makeover too drastic? With possible exception of Denver and Chaney?

Absolutely 

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

So many unfortunate things since 2019. Okoro lead team seemed to be clicking and then Covid hit. He was able to secure Cooper but not without problem. Then he was in and out of the lineup. I guess had Scoot be changed his mind and Westry didn’t work out to name a few

Getting Westry and Traore, and them both being non-factors, were killers for that team. Westry being cooked really hurt the guard rotation then and now. Perfect height and frame for what we have all wanted. Dude is pretty much finished with basketball in general though - his knee cap is still a problem even now. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

The portal is open and the coaches have been in contact with prospects 

Need to be on the phone with them the whole way back to Auburn. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Think we only officially lose Williams and Lior. Broome will probably head the nba.

Yeah, that’s the three I’m aware of. Then they’ll push at least one of the guards out (directly or indirectly) to find a real facilitator. Probably 4 departures minimum 

Well, at least I'm handling this better than 4th-and-31.  Maybe just a little bit better.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Yep. And the non call that caused the retaliation wasn't called on the Yale guy. Still stupid. Most times the refs don't throw the player out of the biggest game in their live 2 minutes in unless there's a sucker punch involved. 

They might when he's been playing dirty all year and probably gained a reputation for it among the refs. 

Refs throwing him out was entirely CBM's fault.

• Like 1

Imagine being an Auburn fan in Spokane right now having to watch Bama actually beat a team like they're supposed to... 

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

Imagine being an Auburn fan in Spokane right now having to watch Bama actually beat a team like they're supposed to... 

Yeah, Sears is dominating.

I’m so disappointed because I watched every game and I know Auburn is capable of playing so much better ball and they have been looking really good as of late.  Getting bounced by UCONN would have been much easier to stomach.  I’m glad I didn’t go to Spokane.  That being said I really enjoyed watching this team this season.  WAR EAGLE!!

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

They might when he's been playing dirty all year and probably gained a reputation for it among the refs. 

Refs throwing him out was entirely CBM's fault.

Selfish,  cost the team. He's been tettering on the edge the last 4 or 5 games.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Yeah, Sears is dominating.

Imagine him in orange and blue this year. It could have happened 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

They will probably win it all knowing our luck. Imagine having to deal with that.

We need a true PG, we need CBM shipped off to his fourth school in four years, we need KD gone (something ive wanted for a long time), and we need a transfer 4 and 5. Ever since 2018, BP has been more miss than hit on his guards, and it's hasn't been all that close.

1 minute ago, arktiger1975 said:

They will probably win it all knowing our luck. Imagine having to deal with that.

Yeah, if they get on a roll offensively, which seems to have happened tonight...