I won't watch another minute of the tourney

I will barely watch anymore as well unless something gets my interest. I got plenty to keep me busy.  
 I will watch the NC game if it is 2 teams with 1 not UAT!

I just didn’t think this could happen to a Bruce Pearl coached team. Time zone? Jet lag? Over confidence? Over celebrating the SEC championship? Just can’t believe Bruce couldn’t rally the troops and pull this one out.

I guess it is, what it is. Let’s go Auburn baseball!

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I just didn’t think this could happen to a Bruce Pearl coached team. Time zone? Jet lag? Over confidence? Over celebrating the SEC championship? Just can’t believe Bruce couldn’t rally the troops and pull this one out.

I've always believed that well coached teams win the games they are supposed to win. That is one thing I respect about Roy Williams. I don't think he lost but one first round game his entire career, and never to a much lower seed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I just didn’t think this could happen to a Bruce Pearl coached team. Time zone? Jet lag?

Kind of hard to argue the time zone factor when Yale had to come from Connecticut. 

Also have to remember the year we made the Final Four we were a hair away from losing the first-round game. NMSU had a last-second shot to win but missed.

Pearl is a great coach but we have had some bad chokes with him as HC. 

• Like 3

Just now, nurbis said:

Kind of hard to argue the time zone factor when Yale had to come from Connecticut. 

Also have to remember the year we made the Final Four we were a hair away from losing the first-round game. NMSU had a last-second shot to win but missed.

I agree. And that NMSU team was a lot better than this Yale team.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, nurbis said:

Cal says , you get used to it.

Eh, I’ll be pulling for Texas A&M to go deep. Buzz is a really good coach and his players love him and play hard for him. They have great guard play and I could see them making a good run in the tournament.

I’ll watch every minute of all remaining games that I am able  to … the NCAA Tournament is one of the best sporting events each year 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nthemix said:

I’ll watch every minute of all remaining games that I am able  to … the NCAA Tournament is one of the best sporting events each year 

Normally, I would agree. But this was such a devastating loss. And one that never should have happened.

8 hours ago, AU-24 said:

kicking CBM out of the game in the first 3 min is the real reason!

6 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Eh, I’ll be pulling for Texas A&M to go deep. Buzz is a really good coach and his players love him and play hard for him. They have great guard play and I could see them making a good run in the tournament.

Honestly I can't pull for a team who's main defensive strategy is to draw charges. 

It'll be a matter of time before the new rules cost him his job like the CFB rules neutered Malzahn

Fully away they're one win away from Buzz guaranteeing himself like 5 more years in College Station lmao

Also, cannot pull for any SEC teams whatsoever. They are our competition and any success they have stands in our way of obtaining better personnel - - particularly in the back court

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the first time in 40 years that we've had to deal with the sting of losing our first NCAA tournament game, and it definitely made the rest of the day yesterday unpleasant. 

I'll watch matchups that may be interesting, but will go into neutral observer mode. Sunday will be the toughest day as a hoops fan, because we won't be playing when we figured we would be.

3 hours ago, aucat said:

kicking CBM getting himself kicked out of the game in the first 3 min is the real reason!

FIFY

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

I'll be pulling for A&M too. Then there's the women's tournament. Iowa's Caitlin Clark is so much fun to watch. Compared to the competition, she's the most talented player on either side.

• Like 2

Ironically, even though I can't stand Alabama, I enjoyed watching Mark Sears dominate last night.  I had forgotten what excellent guard play looked like.

I'm pulling for Tennessee to win it all. I like every SEC team except Alabama.

7 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Ironically, even though I can't stand Alabama, I enjoyed watching Mark Sears dominate last night.  I had forgotten what excellent guard play looked like.

I'm pulling for Tennessee to win it all. I like every SEC team except Alabama.

Well, I saw Tennessee, MSU, and other fans making fun of our loss on social media yesterday. And Lane Kiffin did too. It wasn't just bama fans. So no, I will not be puiling for any SEC teams. 

I'm afraid this loss will make Bruce look elsewhere in the next year or two.  As much progress as he has made at Auburn, he still hasn't been able to recruit the big, athletic, coast-to-coast guards that can score at all 3 levels. And those are the players he covets.  Obviously, players like that don't grow on trees, but UK and UT get them, and he could probably draw them to Indiana.

For the record, I love Bruce and hope he stays at AU.  But I think in his mind, he feels he's too good of a coach to never win a National Championship, and he's getting old.  I think he really expected a deep run this year.

6 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

Well, I saw Tennessee, MSU, and other fans making fun of our loss on social media yesterday. And Lane Kiffin did too. It wasn't just bama fans. So no, I will not be puiling for any SEC teams. 

I can't fault you for that.  Opposing fans can be cruel.  I just like watching Dalton Knecht play.  I can't understand how he flew under so many radars before winding up at UT.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I'm afraid this loss will make Bruce look elsewhere in the next year or two.  As much progress as he has made at Auburn, he still hasn't been able to recruit the big, athletic, coast-to-coast guards that can score at all 3 levels. And those are the players he covets.  Obviously, players like that don't grow on trees, but UK and UT get them, and he could probably draw them to Indiana.

For the record, I love Bruce and hope he stays at AU.  But I think in his mind, he feels he's too good of a coach to never win a National Championship, and he's getting old.  I think he really expected a deep run this year.

I won't be shocked if he takes one of the big openings this year. Seems like the program has plateaued at Auburn, and he probably sees that.

I'm pulling hard for UConn to win it. They are the only great team, IMO. I really respect the way they weren't a traditional blue blood, but built both their men's and women's programs into the best in the nation from nothing.

38 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

There fans of every fanbase that will do that to another team, including our own. I don’t let it influence my overall perception of a team, I’ll be pulling for Texas A&M and Tennessee to make a deep run in the tournament.

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

There fans of every fanbase that will do that to another team, including our own. I don’t let it influence my overall perception of a team, I’ll be pulling for Texas A&M and Tennessee to make a deep run in the tournament.

I even saw where Arkansas baseball Twitter took a dig at us. I reminded them that, despite the loss, we still did a lot better than their Brokebacks did this year.

48 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

Lane Kiffin is a petty, sloppy bitch. Ole Miss was dog ass this year who we swept and didn’t even make the tournament and declined the NIT invitation (which was also petty). Oh and Chris Beard is a woman beater. 

• Like 1