Climate Change causes EVERYTHING, or so it now seems...

Hear the View's Sunny Hostin claim that:
1) earthquakes
2) cicadas
3) eclipses
4) anything that you can name

Are all caused by climate change...

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• DKW 86 changed the title to Climate Change causes EVERYTHING, or so it now seems...

33 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Hear the View's Sunny Hostin claim that:
1) earthquakes
2) cicadas
3) eclipses
4) anything that you can name

Are all caused by climate change...

I was wondering where you got your science news.

• Haha 2

The left has been programmed to think that way.

Dumb comment by Sunny no doubt about it. 

You know you've messed up when Whoopi Goldberg is having to step in to be the voice of reason. 

Just another example of why you get important information from scientists and experts and not from politicians, talkshow hosts, or from your uncle Cleetus. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Just another example of why you get important information from scientists and experts and not from politicians

Who do you think talk for the scientists and *experts*?  People like John Kerry and Al Gore.  They are choosen to speak and they also listen to people like Greta Thundberg.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Who do you think talk for the scientists and *experts*?  People like John Kerry and Al Gore.  They are choosen to speak and they also listen to people like Greta Thundberg.

These scientists are obviously a sneaky bunch. Since they’re roughly 7000 climate scientists world wide - who leads this secret society to pick Al and John?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

These scientists are obviously a sneaky bunch. Since they’re roughly 7000 climate scientists world wide - who leads this secret society to pick Al and John?

Do you think Al and John come up with what they do on their own?

• Like 1

In my lifetime I've heard scientists, experts, and so forth warn of the impending next ice age, acid rain killing trees and crops, the shrinking ozone layer giving everyone skin cancer and several other scenarios of impending doom. The current fad is global warming. All of these horrible things were/are allegedly caused by human activity. Why should anyone believe the present fear mongering?

The world may be getting warmer. It's been either warming or cooling for millennia.  I'm not going to worry about what a bunch of crackpots and politically motivated loudmouth types claim now. I've seen all of this bull crap before.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

In my lifetime I've heard scientists, experts, and so forth warn of the impending next ice age, acid rain killing trees and crops, the shrinking ozone layer giving everyone skin cancer and several other scenarios of impending doom. The current fad is global warming. All of these horrible things were/are allegedly caused by human activity. Why should anyone believe the present fear mongering?

The world may be getting warmer. It's been either warming or cooling for millennia.  I'm not going to worry about what a bunch of crackpots and politically motivated loudmouth types claim now. I've seen all of this bull crap before.

BS :bs:

You are a fool.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Is your contention that acid rain and the ozone layer wouldn't have been problems even if governments had done nothing?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

For not worrying about it? Mikey makes some great points.

Not really. If governments hadn't agreed to take action the problems would have gotten much worse. I've mentioned the Montreal Protocols several times in other discussions as a success in governments working together to tackle a problem. Same thing with acid rain. Man-made emissions that cause acid rain are down dramatically from the levels in the 70s. A quick Google search says sulfer dioxide emissions are down 94% from levels in 1970. I did not verify that number with other sources, but safe to say the emissions have been reduced dramatically.

To complain there was a bunch of fear mongering about problems that never became severe only because humans actually took action to prevent them is the height of absurdity. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Not really. If governments hadn't agreed to take action the problems would have gotten much worse. I've mentioned the Montreal Protocols several times in other discussions as a success in governments working together to tackle a problem. Same thing with acid rain. Man-made emissions that cause acid rain are down dramatically from the levels in the 70s. A quick Google search says sulfer dioxide emissions are down 94% from levels in 1970. I did not verify that number with other sources, but safe to say the emissions have been reduced dramatically.

To complain there was a bunch of fear mongering about problems that never became severe only because humans actually took action to prevent them is the height of absurdity. 

Get what you are saying but big deal if he refuses to worry. 

27 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

So do the flat earth guys. And it’s a similar mindset.

Ultimately you trust your minister and others trust scientists.  And  few seem interested listening to both.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Get what you are saying but big deal if he refuses to worry. 

Sorry, I misunderstood that that's what you were getting at.

Wouldn't be a big deal if he was the only one that isn't worried about it.

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

So do the flat earth guys. And it’s a similar mindset.

Ultimately you trust your minister and others trust scientists.  And  few seem interested listening to both.

Have no clue what you are saying.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

I was wondering where you got your science news.

Nope, this is where the Dems get their news from. Aint nobody on that panel sane, educated, etc.

37 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

TYT is waaaaay progressive  but at least they owned up to their own crazy, gave it air time, and publicly called it completely wrong.  Would maga do that to one of their own?

That is an interesting question. I doubt that the MAGAs would.

4 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I don't have a problem with that, if he wants to ignore it or "worry about it" is up to him.

After all, it's his offspring at risk. It won't affect him - or me - in a really serious manner.

What about you?

Edited by homersapien

4 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Is your contention that acid rain and the ozone layer wouldn't have been problems even if governments had done nothing?

Didn't affect him, so what's the problem?

19 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Have no clue what you are saying.

:dunno:

I did.

Edited by homersapien

This is an easy read by by nasa on the base case for human driven climate change and its acceleration. It will not change any minds because I guess nasa is now the bad guys too. Regardless, at least when you argue all is well, it’s a natural process, or I’ll be dead in 10 years so who cares - at least you’ll have the succinct current facts.

https://science.nasa.gov/climate-change/evidence/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Nice try, but acid rain had a cause and effect easy to observe. Very small scale compared to global climate change. Ozone layer is nebulous at best around 3mm thick. Big problem over the poles. Cancer for everybody, at least the 42 people working there. Then..poof..all better. No more hole.

Climate change has no direct provable cause and effect.  Only fear, predictions, and modeling. I remember the predictions from the seventies also. Ice age imminent. Oops, no it’s a heat wave. 

• Like 1