How many of you believe the raputure

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Genuine believers use rattlesnakes….obviously a rat snake here

Damn gif! Btw My instincts are the churches that are using rattle snakes would have a steadily diminishing congregation.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Damn gif! Btw My instincts are the churches that are using rattle snakes would have a steadily diminishing congregation.

I collect them to test true faith

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0429 2.jpg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0429 2.jpg

In Atlanta we have our share of copperheads but nothing like that.   While youre testing. check with Siri first on the current travel time to the ER.

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

In Atlanta we have our share of copperheads but nothing like that.   While youre testing. check with Siri first on the current travel time to the ER.

We use Copperheads to test children and the elderly. Not nearly as venomous as a rattler……..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0429 2.jpg

That's a nice fat Timber Rattler. The ones on my farm must not eat as well as this dude.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

We use Copperheads to test children and the elderly. Not nearly as venomous as a rattler……..

image.gif.da75e83ebe69711040f0c216f5b0ad1f.gif

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Have no clue what you are yapping about and no one “bangs” you. 

that is one of the things one group claiming the rapture is true said will happen about killing gays.. you try to make me look like bad but it is you is did not read any of it and yet still want to throw shade? bang is a slang term that you must be too old to understand. i liked you better when you were a drunk. you are just posting insults without reading the messages on the rapture.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

that is one of the things one group claiming the rapture is true said will happen about killing gays.. you try to make me look like bad but it is you is did not read any of it and yet still want to throw shade? bang is a slang term that you must be too old to understand. i liked you better when you were a drunk. you are just posting insults without reading the messages on the rapture.

I don’t need to read a bunch of opinion articles on the rapture on won’t. Obviously there are some wackos thoughts it just as with everything else.

10 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I don’t need to read a bunch of opinion articles on the rapture on won’t. Obviously there are some wackos thoughts it just as with everything else.

yeah but you just wanted to try and embarrass me. no nekkie pics for you buster.............

Something to remember from an Auburn coach:

Only God should have authority over what we believe about ourselves. Our true identity rests in Him alone. Have a great day !!!

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Something to remember from an Auburn coach:

Only God should have authority over what we believe about ourselves. Our true identity rests in Him alone. Have a great day !!!

I mean, this is just saying that a person is justified in believing literally ANYTHING about themselves and their identity as long as they outwardly say that they are ascribing their beliefs to their version of God. 

Since God is a silent, dormant entity whose whims and beliefs only exist within the minds of each individual person who believes in him. Each person can decide, independently, for themselves what God believes, wants them do do, or approves/disapproves of, and there's no one that can tell them differently because God is the 'ultimate' judge and he's not going to say or do anything supposedly until some future day of judgement.....sometimes people have likeminded ideas of their version of God and form into different groups.....this is why we have thousands of different denominations that all define God a little (or a lot) differently and interpret the words of the Bible differently. 

And like I said, no, the Bible is not a good source for ascertaining Gods wants, beliefs, and commands since humanity has never been able to agree on what the correct interpretations or meanings of a vast majority of the book really is. Everyone interprets the Bible differently and nobody can ever prove any interpretation or version to be right or wrong because the books writers, and the only people on the face of the earth who have supposedly ever been able to truly 'know' Gods intentions, died thousands of years ago. (assuming you don't believe in any of the denominations that believe God has had more recent modern day prophets that have spoken for him outside of the Bible.) (and also assuming you aren't in a denomination that believes the modern Christian Bible isn't the full or correct version of Gods word)

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's a nice fat Timber Rattler. The ones on my farm must not eat as well as this dude.

tightwad............grins

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I mean, this is just saying that a person is justified in believing literally ANYTHING about themselves and their identity as long as they outwardly say that they are ascribing their beliefs to their version of God. 

Since God is a silent, dormant entity whose whims and beliefs only exist within the minds of each individual person who believes in him. Each person can decide, independently, for themselves what God believes, wants them do do, or approves/disapproves of, and there's no one that can tell them differently because God is the 'ultimate' judge and he's not going to say or do anything supposedly until some future day of judgement.....sometimes people have likeminded ideas of their version of God and form into different groups.....this is why we have thousands of different denominations that all define God a little (or a lot) differently and interpret the words of the Bible differently. 

And like I said, no, the Bible is not a good source for ascertaining Gods wants, beliefs, and commands since humanity has never been able to agree on what the correct interpretations or meanings of a vast majority of the book really is. Everyone interprets the Bible differently and nobody can ever prove any interpretation or version to be right or wrong because the books writers, and the only people on the face of the earth who have supposedly ever been able to truly 'know' Gods intentions, died thousands of years ago. (assuming you don't believe in any of the denominations that believe God has had more recent modern day prophets that have spoken for him outside of the Bible.) (and also assuming you aren't in a denomination that believes the modern Christian Bible isn't the full or correct version of Gods word)

you stepped in it now..........

18 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Wow, what a diatribe.

What it is saying to me is a person should not let anyone define your beliefs for you.  Religion is a very personal thing.  For some, religion is a struggle on a daily basis and being beat over the head by other people like you, the author of this thread and the anti-Christian press should not affect you belief in God.

It really is that simple.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Wow, what a diatribe.

What it is saying to me is a person should not let anyone define your beliefs for you.  Religion is a very personal thing.  For some, religion is a struggle on a daily basis and being beat over the head by other people like you, the author of this thread and the anti-Christian press should not affect you belief in God.

It really is that simple.

Right. That's essentially what my 'diatribe' was saying. God is and can be whatever any individual person thinks he is or wants him to be. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

12 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Right. That's essentially what my 'diatribe' was saying. God is and can be whatever any individual person thinks he is or wants him to be. 

Again, a person should NOT let other people define you when it comes to religion.  I can’t make it clearer.  This is what a few of our board members do on many topics in this forum.

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

yeah but you just wanted to try and embarrass me. no nekkie pics for you buster.............

I just made statement. You do a great job of embarrassing yourself.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

no, the Bible is not a good source for ascertaining Gods wants, beliefs, and commands

Guess that leaves us with relying on you and Brother Homers BS. ITCHY used to be pretty reliably if you could wade through the mess.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Guess that leaves us with relying on you and Brother Homers BS. ITCHY used to be pretty reliably if you could wade through the mess.

Everyone on this forum is similar in that we all believe that 99.9% of all the Gods and Religions that have existed throughout human history have been man made creations.   

Some of us just take that belief 0.1% further than others.  

but seriously, if you want to believe in God or the Bible then obviously you wouldn't want to listen to me or Homer. Believe whatever you want to believe as long as you don't try to impose it on others through force, violence, or politics/laws. 

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Everyone on this forum is similar in that we all believe that 99.9% of all the Gods and Religions that have existed throughout human history have been man made creations.   

Some of us just take that belief 0.1% further than others.  

but seriously, if you want to believe in God or the Bible then obviously you wouldn't want to listen to me or Homer. Believe whatever you want to believe as long as you don't try to impose it on others through force, violence, or politics/laws. 

We can all agree that violence is wrong. Problematic when laws and requirements conflict with spiritual beliefs. “Impose” is a two way street. 

12 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

We can all agree that violence is wrong. Problematic when laws and requirements conflict with spiritual beliefs. “Impose” is a two way street. 

True. violence and laws/government enforcement shouldn't be used to stop or prevent people from freely practicing the religion they choose. 

certain Religious beliefs do sometimes have to be imposed on for the overall betterment of society and adherence to the US Constitution and Bill of Rights. Sometimes peoples Religious beliefs violate the rights of other people around them and that can't be accepted in a legal sense. 

For example, gay marriage. A lot of people believed it was a violation of their religion or beliefs for the nation they live in to allow legal gay marriages. 

Back in early America, many slaveholders (like most of the population in general) were Christians, and many especially in the South believed that owning human slaves was condoned by their religion and was actually beneficial to society as it resulted in millions of Africans being exposed to Christianity and possible 'salvation' through the American/European slave trade. 

Some religious people believe that any kind of vaccine is against their religion, but in most cases they must be vaccinated against some of the most horrific diseases as too many unvaccinated would result in a 'rebirth' of these suppressed diseases that could then start spreading again and negatively impact society. 

Since religion can be anything and religious people can believe in literally ANYTHING...nobody can guarantee that laws will never violate anyone's religious beliefs or convictions. 

20 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

True. violence and laws/government enforcement shouldn't be used to stop or prevent people from freely practicing the religion they choose. 

certain Religious beliefs do sometimes have to be imposed on for the overall betterment of society and adherence to the US Constitution and Bill of Rights. Sometimes peoples Religious beliefs violate the rights of other people around them and that can't be accepted in a legal sense. 

For example, gay marriage. A lot of people believed it was a violation of their religion or beliefs for the nation they live in to allow legal gay marriages. 

Back in early America, many slaveholders (like most of the population in general) were Christians, and many especially in the South believed that owning human slaves was condoned by their religion and was actually beneficial to society as it resulted in millions of Africans being exposed to Christianity and possible 'salvation' through the American/European slave trade. 

Some religious people believe that any kind of vaccine is against their religion, but in most cases they must be vaccinated against some of the most horrific diseases as too many unvaccinated would result in a 'rebirth' of these suppressed diseases that could then start spreading again and negatively impact society. 

Since religion can be anything and religious people can believe in literally ANYTHING...nobody can guarantee that laws will never violate anyone's religious beliefs or convictions. 

Guess I am ok then in my little area of the world.

Gays can get married and buy house if they want.

There is no slavery

Most folks get vaccinated for all sorts of things including Pneumonia and RSV.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Guess I am ok then in my little area of the world.

Gays can get married and buy house if they want.

There is no slavery

Most folks get vaccinated for all sorts of things including Pneumonia and RSV.

You tickle my pickle, Salty! 

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

You tickle my pickle, Salty! 

I’m happy for both of you. No doubt an attractive couple.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’m happy for both of you. No doubt an attractive couple.

Stroke?

• Haha 2