How many of you believe the raputure

is real and going to happen. anyone brave enough to admit it?

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

is real and going to happen. anyone brave enough to admit it?

Absolutely! But it is Rapture not raputure.  Wish it would get here soon. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

typo jj. and i  have been told by a priest  in the 'ham it has been misinterpreted. i trust him he is a good man and i could never find it now but he posted an article by a respected theologian and if i had remembered i would have saved it. but yes i am a mean and awful person right?

for the record i was not trying to piss folks off. i am still curious. i mean they were killing kids and destroying cities with no remorse.

What are you talking about? None of your comments make any sense. Try again and explain what you are yammering on about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

What are you talking about? None of your comments make any sense. Try again and explain what you are yammering on about.

i posted it in the wrong thread. am i going to have to bring back the bad aubie? you act like you have an axe to grind.

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

for the record i was not trying to piss folks off. i am still curious. i mean they were killing kids and destroying cities with no remorse.

Why would it piss folks and what does killing kids and destroying cities have to do with the rapture? BTW, the actually word rapture is not found in the Bible. It is a belief or doctrine and there are multiple and viewpoints. I really don’t see a view important as long as the endgame faith is in place. 

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Why would it piss folks and what does killing kids and destroying cities have to do with the rapture? BTW, the actually word rapture is not found in the Bible. It is a belief or doctrine and there are multiple and viewpoints. I really don’t see a view important as long as the endgame faith is in place. 

i posted a statement in the wrong thread. relax truth already got me. funny you do not bitch about my articles.................

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Yep, sooner the better.   Prove me wrong.

i trust pastors and biblical  scholars versus jj. you can smell the hate coming off some of these christians. they were all lovie dovie when i got the cancer removed and i am living so i guess the gloves are off. mark knows what he is talking about.............

437135085_450006964229704_8956513876032532900_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i posted a statement in the wrong thread. relax truth already got me. funny you do not bitch about my articles.................

Well I am not “bitching” now. Just asked a simple question and made a statement. Truth is I don’t like football articles this time year. Of the mindset that no news is good news. Also in a state of frustration and border line depression about our baseball team.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Well I am not “bitching” now. Just asked a simple question and made a statement. Truth is I don’t like football articles this time year. Of the mindset that no news is good news. Also in a state of frustration and border line depression about our baseball team.

The trick is to embrace the depression. let it devour you from the inside out so that the stings of disappointment barely register as a tap of a feather upon the skin. 

• Haha 2

The concept of the rapture, as evangelicals define it today. is relatively new (just before the civil war) and pretty much unique to the US.  If interested. you can read on John Darby who developed the  interpretation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

The concept of the rapture, as evangelicals define it today. is relatively new (just before the civil war) and pretty much unique to the US.  If interested. you can read on John Darby who developed the  interpretation.

You could read the Left Behind series and lose a few brain cells.

(I did. It was a phase)

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, AUDub said:

(I did. It was a phase)

"Experimenting" with Kirk Cameron?

4 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

You are correct for a change on something Biblical. Kudos to you. Actually was introduced around 1830. The second coming has never been in question. The “rapture” is a bit fuzzy.

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

(I did. It was a phase)

I always hope my pilot is naughty every time I board an airplane since the first book.

5 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The trick is to embrace the depression. let it devour you from the inside out so that the stings of disappointment barely register as a tap of a feather upon the skin. 

Thanks Coffee. I just opted to fish this afternoon vs going to the game. We won.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

You are correct for a change on something Biblical. Kudos to you. Actually was introduced around 1830. The second coming has never been in question. The “rapture” is a bit fuzzy.

Crap. I assumed I was always right.  Let me ponder the concept.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Crap. I assumed I was always right.  Let me ponder the concept.

Wouldn’t ponder too much but your choice. Ultimately not important imo. Many Christians are hopeful and it would offer an easy way out. 

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

"Experimenting" with Kirk Cameron?

I’ve never actually seen the movies. I’d snapped out of it before they came out. I did finish the book series though. 

27 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Wouldn’t ponder too much but your choice. Ultimately not important imo. Many Christians are hopeful and it would offer an easy way out. 

Actually I find the religious discussions interesting. 

11 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Actually I find the religious discussions interesting. 

Very interesting and usually  a part the more lengthy discussions here. Pointing out perceived hypocrisy in claimed spiritual beliefs makes for an easy target. We have a few posters that take advantage of the opportunities.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1