WTH?

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

This is the Speaker’s role?

IMG_2043.jpeg

It’s a private university. Good luck with that.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

And miles away from his state.

I personally wouldn't mind providing safe passage for some of the most vocal of these protesters to experience the culture first hand.  Lebanon for the summer?  All kidding aside, what is the man talking about when he uses the phrase "executive action?"

Will say this. Israel has burned a ton of global good will since they were attacked. They’ve gone from the victim to the villain (for many) in just 6 months. And fired up an Islamic recruiting hornets nest.. Im not sure what the right response approach I was/is. but 10 years from now I wonder if they’ll feel they fixed more things than they broke. Long term consequences, regionally and globally, are hard to figure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Harvard is a private university and their president resigned under pressure.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Harvard is a private university and their president resigned under pressure.

Of course. But that wasn’t “executive action”

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

Will say this. Israel has burned a ton of global good will since they were attacked. They’ve gone from the victim to the villain (for many) in just 6 months. And fired up an Islamic recruiting hornets nest.. Im not sure what the right response approach I was/is. but 10 years from now I wonder if they’ll feel they fixed more things than they broke. Long term consequences, regionally and globally, are hard to figure.

What ever happened to fighting against injustice perpetrated upon you?  We are negotiating with terrorists on our own land.  

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

Of course. But that wasn’t “executive action”

Executive action can only be ordered by the Executive (the president).  What are the chances that will happen?  Zero.

• Like 1

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

What ever happened to fighting against injustice perpetrated upon you?  We are negotiating with terrorists on our own land.  

I understand your point

• Like 1

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Executive action can only be ordered by the Executive (the president).  What are the chances that will happen?  Zero.

Again, it’s a private school. What would he EO exactly? 

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

Again, it’s a private school. What would he EO exactly? 

To start, if someone is calling for the death of Jews and death to America, he could deport the ones that are illegal and/or the ones on student visas. Being a private school doesn’t shield them from EOs.  There is zero chance of him doing any of this.  We are in an election year.  He is just hoping it will go away.

21 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

“We”?

• Haha 1

Just now, TexasTiger said:

“We”?

Yes, America.  If a voice of reason would have come out and said “America backs Israel and will stand by them as long as it takes” when this all began, this *mess* would not be happening at this level.  America is kicking the can down the road just to get by the elections and the Pro-Hamas faction of the Democrat Party are not going to let up until then.  Joe won’t do anything.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Absolutely

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/speaker-johnson-calls-columbia-university-president-resign-threatens-f-rcna149249

Wrapping up his press conference, Johnson, a father of four children, offered a message for the students inside the encampment.

"Go back to class and stop the nonsense there. Look, if we want to have a debate on campus about the merits of these things, let’s do that. But you can’t intimidate your fellow students and make them stay home from class. Think about that. Is that right? Do you think that’s right?" Johnson asked.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

“We”? 

Ironically, Im not sure our maga friends really understand Israel culturally today (vs 3000 years ago).  I know I was initially surprised. Ie 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-kiryat-tivon-residents-elect-israels-first-transgender-city-councilor/amp/

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Facepalm 1

https://babylonbee.com/news/columbia-switches-to-online-classes-so-jewish-students-can-participate-from-the-attics-where-they-are-hiding

NEW YORK, NY — In the wake of ongoing anti-Israel protests that have engulfed the school's campus, Columbia University announced it has switched to online classes so Jewish students can participate from the attics where they are hiding.

The school's leadership met earlier in the week to discuss options that would ease tensions on campus and allow Jewish students to continue their education without leaving the safety of the attics where they have been forced to take refuge from rampant antisemitism among large pockets of the student body.

"I'm glad I can still do my coursework," one Jewish student said after the announcement was made. "After being relegated to hiding here in this attic, I was afraid that I'd start missing too many classes and my grades would suffer. Thankfully, the administration has been kind enough to give me online access to my classes right here in this attic while they allow violent antisemitic protests to sweep across campus. Thanks!"

Though anti-Israel protestors were disappointed that they would have fewer opportunities to threaten and berate people on campus, Jewish students were relieved. "Online classes make it really convenient," said another Jewish student. "Whether I'm out of town, sick in bed, or hiding in an attic to avoid being assaulted by an angry mob who want me and everyone else of my ethnicity wiped off the face of the earth, I don't have to worry about missing any assignments."

At publishing time, the Columbia administration had put forth plans to load Jewish students onto train cars and transport them to special camps to help them concentrate.

14 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Ironically, Im not sure our maga friends really understand Israel culturally today (vs 3000 years ago).  I know I was initially surprised.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-kiryat-tivon-residents-elect-israels-first-transgender-city-councilor/amp/

What does this have to do with the Pro-Palestinian protest on college campuses? 

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

What does this have to do with the Pro-Palestinian protest on college campuses? 

Aw darn it Caught me. Couldn’t resist.

21 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Ironically, Im not sure our maga friends really understand Israel culturally today (vs 3000 years ago).  I know I was initially surprised. Ie 

Not all a good people imo. Same as 3000 years ago. Who are you calling “ maga friends”? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Not all a good people imo. Same as 3000 years ago. 

I won’t get into good vs bad. My only point was Israel is more socially liberal than much of the US.  Whats sad is most of the liberal college  activists that mindlessly scream pro Palestinian don’t have a clue what that culture does to gays, ect.

https://www.keshetuk.org/uploads/1/3/8/6/13861493/keshet_uk_factsheet_israel_mar13_v3.pdf

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Thanks 1

I find these protesters annoying, but much of the reaction is over the top. What exactly are we supposed to arrest and expel over? If they disrupt, block egress/ingress, meet the legal definition of a threat or harassment, then absolutely. It seems like many, especially Republican politicians, want to punish the protest itself. And while I think much of it is ridiculous, the 1st Amendment allows a lot of ridiculousness.

“Johnson and other speakers, which included Republican politicians from New York, repeatedly mentioned violence against Jewish students, though no such violence has been reported at Columbia.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/booing-columbia-students-drown-mike-202937710.html

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I find these protesters annoying, but much of the reaction is over the top. What exactly are we supposed to arrest and expel over? If they disrupt, block egress/ingress, meet the legal definition of a threat or harassment, then absolutely. It seems like many, especially Republican politicians, want to punish the protest itself. And while I think much of it is ridiculous, the 1st Amendment allows a lot of ridiculousness.

“Johnson and other speakers, which included Republican politicians from New York, repeatedly mentioned violence against Jewish students, though no such violence has been reported at Columbia.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/booing-columbia-students-drown-mike-202937710.html

https://www.timesofisrael.com/as-anti-israel-encampment-at-columbia-endures-jewish-students-lament-judenrein-campus/amp/

Peaceful protest lines are definitely being crossed according to this article. 

The symbolism and chants are horrific. Definitely not a safe space for Jews anymore. 

trump dog whistles hate damn near every single day. the stupid crap got worse when he entered politics.