Hate is not voluntary

435185522_18098939416399471_1162117165775687121_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

Actually, being gay seems pretty voluntary these days, at least for many young people.

Like Bill Maher projected on his show, if the trend of more and more and more people "identifying" as LGBTQ continues, pretty soon we'll all be gay.

Tongue in cheek, of course, and many gay people are of course just hardwired that way, but it's also a social contagion amongst young adults in 2024.  It's very, very cool to be LGBTQ in high school these days.  That's not to say that there aren't any fellow students who don't think it's cool and might even bully another student on that basis, but they are a distinct minority.

Being LGBTQ in junior high and high school today is like guys who wore their hair in New Wave fashions and had pierced ears in the 80s when I was in high school.  The artsy, sophisticated, worldly crowd.  Sure, the lame jocks might still stuff you in a locker (and not just you, but anybody else who wasn't also a lame jock), but to everybody else you were cool.

I notice the female employees I have in their 20s will screw any human being who can fog a mirror without regard to what gender they are.  (Well, not any human...they have to be in their 20s also, lest they be "old."). I think that stems from 2 things:  1.  It's an established trend that women's sexuality is more fluid than men's.  2.  They are socialized to be that way from junior high up.  

Not a new thing, of course, but does anybody have any examples of civilizations that exhibited this symptom when that civilization was inclining or at it's peak?  I don't.  Every example I can find is that this happens when a civilization is in decline and about to crumble.

Even so, I'm sure we'll be the singular historical exception.  'Cause, you know, progressivism.

thanx for responding. i am not gay i just think it is no one elses business who they want to love. very simple. but for gods sake DO NOT tell anyone on this board you are a transgender or cross dresser..............

1 hour ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

I notice the female employees I have in their 20s will screw any human being who can fog a mirror without regard to what gender they are.  (Well, not any human...they have to be in their 20s also, lest they be "old."). I think that stems from 2 things:  1.  It's an established trend that women's sexuality is more fluid than men's.  2.  They are socialized to be that way from junior high up.  

Not a new thing, of course, but does anybody have any examples of civilizations that exhibited this symptom when that civilization was inclining or at it's peak?  I don't.  Every example I can find is that this happens when a civilization is in decline and about to crumble.

Even so, I'm sure we'll be the singular historical exception.  'Cause, you know, progressivism.

Yeah...that's crazy....

So anyway...on a completely, absolutely unrelated topic, is your company hiring by any chance? 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

Actually, being gay seems pretty voluntary these days, at least for many young people.

Like Bill Maher projected on his show, if the trend of more and more and more people "identifying" as LGBTQ continues, pretty soon we'll all be gay.

Tongue in cheek, of course, and many gay people are of course just hardwired that way, but it's also a social contagion amongst young adults in 2024.  It's very, very cool to be LGBTQ in high school these days.  That's not to say that there aren't any fellow students who don't think it's cool and might even bully another student on that basis, but they are a distinct minority.

Being LGBTQ in junior high and high school today is like guys who wore their hair in New Wave fashions and had pierced ears in the 80s when I was in high school.  The artsy, sophisticated, worldly crowd.  Sure, the lame jocks might still stuff you in a locker (and not just you, but anybody else who wasn't also a lame jock), but to everybody else you were cool.

Wouldn't it have been easier to just say "gay people are going to cause the fall of our society?" Or maybe you thought that might sound ridiculous?

Edited by Leftfield
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Not very believable. Nowhere in that pretend conversation did the Christian person say "Yeah, you can do it, but you'll burn in hell for eternity and your actions will lead to the eventual collapse of our entire Civilization"

I'll give it a C+ for effort though. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Not very believable. Nowhere in that pretend conversation did the secular person say "Yeah, you can do it, but you'll burn in hell for eternity and your actions will lead to the eventual collapse of our entire Civilization"

I'll give it a C+ for effort though. 

While some people do believe gays will burn in hell, all the secular people I have encountered believe if you hold to your convictions you are a *hateful intolerant bigot*.

13 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"Leaders from the United Methodist Church have announced a tentative plan to split the church over differences on whether or not Methodists should be Christian or some sort of social group with a vague deist motif that makes up morality based on whatever it feels like."

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

split the church over differences on whether or not Methodists should be Christian or some sort of social group with a vague deist motif that makes up morality based on whatever it feels like."

And what's the difference? - Futurama Fry Meme Generator

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

I notice the female employees I have in their 20s will screw any human being who can fog a mirror without regard to what gender they are.  (Well, not any human...they have to be in their 20s also, lest they be "old.")

You think it’s okay to have those kinds of opinions and stereotypes of your female employees? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

Can you name a society that began blurring sexual and gender lines during its ascendancy or peak rather than at the end of its lifespan?

Can you name a major society that has crumbled because of the behavior of a tiny minority of the populous?  Maybe study Rome. The decline was much more complex than what went on in the bedrooms of 3 or 4% of the population. It was about greed, political corruption, poor resource allocation (wars instead of infrastructure), excessive violence, etc. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

I thought this board would have a significantly higher average IQ than TigerDroppings, but every time I come here someone who cannot tell the difference between causation and correlation is very busy calling one the other.

I'd say read it again, but I doubt it would do any good.

And I notice you didn't answer the question, so I'll ask it again.  Can you name a society that began blurring sexual and gender lines during its ascendancy or peak rather than at the end of its lifespan?

If you can, you will be the first I've heard to do so.

Lol....apparently you should have stayed on the other board if you think you're being clever with the Mickey Mouse horses**t about correlation and causation. You're going to tell us that after your lengthy diatribe about gay people becoming accepted in society, then pointing out no society in history thrived after that, that you don't believe that's the reason the same will happen to us? Oh, sure, why wouldn't we believe that?

As to your question, not that it deserves an answer, no I can't. Apologies, I'm not versed in the sexual habits and the timing of acceptance of homosexual behavior in ancient societies - had the flu the week they covered that in high school (before governments starting making laws so we couldn't talk about them).

Conversely, can you tell me what societies did fall due to the emergence of said behavior? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

One of them has an OnlyFans site.

Likely very well funded by some fine upstanding conservative church members. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

Can you explain the difference between causation and correlation?

Don't worry.  Nobody else here can either.

Yep. Use it almost every day on my job while discussing medical data. Also trained on it during my MBA program. 

Just now, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

I don't know anything about that, but I do know that it is very clear that in your mind everybody in the damn world is responsible for the behavior of my female employees in their 20s except them.

In your world it’s okay to hire people, then judge their sexual behaviors and to learn about their Only Fans sites in a workplace. Sounds like you need to do better hiring. I don’t know about my employees sex lives or bedroom activities, or Only Fans sites because we know it’s not appropriate to bring into the workplace. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

I'm sure that makes me a dinosaur, though.  

image.gif.b3f5acd33d1fb4c49d6db40bcef94d09.gif

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

I notice the female employees I have in their 20s will screw any human being who can fog a mirror without regard to what gender they are.  (Well, not any human...they have to be in their 20s also, lest they be "old.")

I know rejection hurts, but c’mon— they’re employees.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Yep. Use it almost every day on my job while discussing medical data. Also trained on it during my MBA program. 

you are a dr big shooter? do you make house calls? grins

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I know rejection hurts, but c’mon— they’re employees.

if he looks anything like those old shoneys statues i can see why he is not getting laid...................wiggles eyebrows....

22 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Yeah...that's crazy....

So anyway...on a completely, absolutely unrelated topic, is your company hiring by any chance? 

Shoney's are biting the dust. they are closing all around me in anniston and gadsden. is it gays or the restaurant destroying america? that big ol shoney boy looked goofy as hell...............

What happened here? 

Did pony boy delete all his posts because he was mad that people were debating with him? 

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

What happened here? 

Did pony boy delete all his posts because he was mad that people were debating with him? 

I have no idea.............maybe he realized there was blood in the water......

• Haha 1

Just now, CoffeeTiger said:

What happened here? 

Appears so. At first I thought he'd been banned - I had a notification that he'd replied, but when I clicked on it it just took me to the top of the page. Figured he'd said something that a mod found as a no-no. Apparently he deleted it all because he still posted over on the main political board.

I will say, he's not wrong about TigerDroppings. I don't visit often, but I cringe when I read a lot of posts there because I know a lot of the people I grew up with (north of Baton Rouge) are probably just like that today.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Likely very well funded by some fine upstanding conservative church members. 

do you think any of the right leaning christians have hurt religion? i do, and i am called a hater for it.