Hate is not voluntary

I wonder if the OP will start a thread on “Being Jewish is not Voluntary….Hate Is”. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, creed said:

I wonder if the OP will start a thread on “Being Jewish is not Voluntary….Hate Is”. 

how many you need?

2 minutes ago, creed said:

you cannot even call me by my name? i will not be able to eat lunch now.........

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

you cannot even call me by my name? i will not be able to eat lunch now.........

I’m sure you’re all broke up about it. 😉

Just now, creed said:

I’m sure you’re all broke up about it. 😉

make me feel better apollo...............

12 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

do you think any of the right leaning christians have hurt religion? i do, and i am called a hater for it.

I do believe that with the information flow today, it is easier to identify and call out the hypocrisy that is so prevalent in our culture. But I believe that the hypocrisy cuts across political lines. I also believe one of the worst setbacks for organized religion, especially in the South, has been the increased emphasis on world religion curriculums in the schools and shifting demographics. When I was in HS in the late 70s early 80s, we spent maybe a few days on ‘other’ regions and belief systems. When my kids went through HS to years ago, they had an entire semester and a dedicated textbook on it and came way highly informed on other options for belief systems and faiths. My HS in Etowah county was 95% Protestant, with a small handfuls of Catholics and even less Jewish students. My kids friends from grade school thru HS included Christians, Jews, Catholics, Muslims, Hindu, Shikh, LDS, Buddhists, and openly agnostic/atheist. It is much easier to dispel another faith or belief system if you aren’t educated on it and don’t have experience with its participants. Much harder to do when you’re educated on it and have friends with those beliefs. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I do believe that with the information flow today, it is easier to identify and call out the hypocrisy that is so prevalent in our culture. But I believe that the hypocrisy cuts across political lines. I also believe one of the worst setbacks for organized religion, especially in the South, has been the increased emphasis on world religion curriculums in the schools and shifting demographics. When I was in HS in the late 70s early 80s, we spent maybe a few days on ‘other’ regions and belief systems. When my kids went through HS to years ago, they had an entire semester and a dedicated textbook on it and came way highly informed on other options for belief systems and faiths. My HS in Etowah county was 95% Protestant, with a small handfuls of Catholics and even less Jewish students. My kids friends from grade school thru HS included Christians, Jews, Catholics, Muslims, Hindu, Shikh, LDS, Buddhists, and openly agnostic/atheist. It is much easier to dispel another faith or belief system if you aren’t educated on it and don’t have experience with its participants. Much harder to do when you’re educated on it and have friends with those beliefs. 

i have finally given up on organized religion as there is too much hate involved. it shakes my faith at time and i get so mad becausefolks act nothing like jesus on here and elsewhere. and a lot of local churches feed and clothe the poor. and i am so sick of hearing libs are evil. it is tough. i will be sixty nine if i make it and i pray at home. it hurts me that many make a mockery of jesus by their beliefs.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i have finally given up on organized religion as there is too much hate involved. it shakes my faith at time and i get so mad becausefolks act nothing like jesus on here and elsewhere. and a lot of local churches feed and clothe the poor. and i am so sick of hearing libs are evil. it is tough. i will be sixty nine if i make it and i pray at home. it hurts me that many make a mockery of jesus by their beliefs.

Fifty, continue to practice your beliefs supported by your faith in public and set an example.  Be content, like Paul, in every situation. Do not hide your light by taking it out of view. 

Edited by creed

23 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

While some people do believe gays will burn in hell, all the secular people I have encountered believe if you hold to your convictions you are a *hateful intolerant bigot*.

The problem is that most people don't actually have their own convictions.  They simply recognize something as different and something that they don't understand and then use religious conviction as a cover for treating others as being lesser members of the community in which they live.    If we were using religious convictions as a standard, then those same convictions would apply to any of a number of sins.  Divorce, adultery, pre-marital sex and on and on. 

I have seen a family deal with the issue up close.  A Southern Baptist preacher with an incredible family was faced with the fact that his son was gay and was getting married to another man.  The conversations were hard and it took a little time, but, in the end, he and his wife admitted that they had suspected that their son was gay since he was a young child.  They had prayed about it often, without even discussing it with each other.  Their son and his husband now participate with everything the family does, just like the other children and their spouses.  I can't imagine the family ever considering disowning their son, but some do and when that happens everyone loses.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

A Southern Baptist preacher with an incredible family was faced with the fact that his son was gay and was getting married to another man.  The conversations were hard and it took a little time, but, in the end, he and his wife admitted that they had suspected that their son was gay since he was a young child.  They had prayed about it often, without even discussing it with each other.  Their son and his husband now participate with everything the family does, just like the other children and their spouses.  I can't imagine the family ever considering disowning their son, but some do and when that happens everyone loses.

When you have kids and watch them grow up you realize that the dreams you have for your kids are not their dreams and that takes time.  As time goes by the parents know what they have control over and what they don’t.  It works out most of the time.

Its been my experience that the teenage years are where kids separate from what a parent has taught (demanded) their children.  It is a tough period for all.  Patience is needed, but not alway given on either side.   Even conversation can be ignored by both.

It is best IMO to wait to make life changing decisions until you are past that age, when a child has the capability to understand what lifestyle they choose will be best for them.

• Like 2

i might be wrong but i believe and read many years ago some folks were down on gays because people died young and they wanted to reproduce their tribe members. i could be wrong on this but i still think it has something to do with it.

On 5/1/2024 at 4:07 PM, aubiefifty said:

435185522_18098939416399471_1162117165775687121_n.jpg

Your thread title is misleading Sir. :lol: 

Also, being gay is def voluntary these days. Didn't use to be. All labels are pretty fluid these days.

17 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Can you name a major society that has crumbled because of the behavior of a tiny minority of the populous?  Maybe study Rome. The decline was much more complex than what went on in the bedrooms of 3 or 4% of the population. It was about greed, political corruption, poor resource allocation (wars instead of infrastructure), excessive violence, etc. 

That's also outdated Webb, more like 25% today, and still trending up.

Kids highschool had a day of celebration last year for having over 50% of their school declare to identify as lgbtq+

Though I'd say a lot of it in HS is the simple fact that it is trendy and cool to have a letter to identify with. While being a 'normy' is lame.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Your thread title is misleading Sir. :lol: 

Also, being gay is def voluntary these days. Didn't use to be. All labels are pretty fluid these days.

That's also outdated Webb, more like 25% today, and still trending up.

Kids highschool had a day of celebration last year for having over 50% of their school declare to identify as lgbtq+

Though I'd say a lot of it in HS is the simple fact that it is trendy and cool to have a letter to identify with. While being a 'normy' is lame.

I would have to see the data on that. Historically the scientific data has consistently been in the 3-4% range. Kids declaring they’re gay because it’s trendy is a different set of stats altogether. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

When you have kids and watch them grow up you realize that the dreams you have for your kids are not their dreams and that takes time.  As time goes by the parents know what they have control over and what they don’t.  It works out most of the time.

Its been my experience that the teenage years are where kids separate from what a parent has taught (demanded) their children.  It is a tough period for all.  Patience is needed, but not alway given on either side.   Even conversation can be ignored by both.

It is best IMO to wait to make life changing decisions until you are past that age, when a child has the capability to understand what lifestyle they choose will be best for them.

I agree with everything you have said.  I am not trying to parse words, but the entire issue comes down to your last sentence.  For many, it isn't a choice.  It is just who they are.  I am not speaking of the trans issue or any of that.  I am strictly talking about same sex attraction.  When the only choices come down to living a lie or living alone, the choices aren't very realistic in the long term.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I would have to see the data on that. Historically the scientific data has consistently been in the 3-4% range. Kids declaring they’re gay because it’s trendy is a different set of stats altogether. 

Articles based on a gallup poll;

Nearly 30% of Gen Z women identify as LGBTQ, Gallup ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nearly-30-gen-z-women-identify-lgbtq-gallup-survey-finds-rcna143019

Gen Z adults identify as LGBTQ at much higher rates than ...

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/25/us/gen-z-adults-lgbtq-identity-reaj/index.html

The graph is a bit dated but shows 20.8% reflected in 2021 compared to the 25-30% talked about in those articles in 2024.

MTP-FS-DATA-DOWNLOAD-32022-07-03-1-8ab7a

11 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I agree with everything you have said.  I am not trying to parse words, but the entire issue comes down to your last sentence.  For many, it isn't a choice.  It is just who they are.  I am not speaking of the trans issue or any of that.  I am strictly talking about same sex attraction.  When the only choices come down to living a lie or living alone, the choices aren't very realistic in the long term.

Was listening to this amateur series on gay outrage with lgbtq and it was a bit enlightening.

Always think of it as one group cause all the letters are put together, but man... those gay dudes were pissed about the Ts. :lol: 

Apparently, lotsa young gay dudes being told they are actually women. And they do not like it.

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Your last sentence is the choice gays have to make and it seems better to understand the issues that may confront them before they make that choice.  There are people that still haven’t come to grips with that decision and they are in their 60’s.

20 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Your last sentence is the choice gays have to make and it seems better to understand the issues that may confront them before they make that choice.  There are people that still haven’t come to grips with that decision and they are in their 60’s.

What age do you think people should be allowed to be gay? 

5 minutes ago, cbo said:

What?  Try again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I appreciate the thought behind this post. The devils in the details but I I agree with the overall sentiment. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Articles based on a gallup poll;

Nearly 30% of Gen Z women identify as LGBTQ, Gallup ...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nearly-30-gen-z-women-identify-lgbtq-gallup-survey-finds-rcna143019

Gen Z adults identify as LGBTQ at much higher rates than ...

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/25/us/gen-z-adults-lgbtq-identity-reaj/index.html

The graph is a bit dated but shows 20.8% reflected in 2021 compared to the 25-30% talked about in those articles in 2024.

MTP-FS-DATA-DOWNLOAD-32022-07-03-1-8ab7a

Don't equate "identify as" with "are". ;)

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Don't equate "identify as" with "are". ;)

I know what you're saying.

But you know that is dangerous talk Homey. ;) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

What?  Try again.

I would like to see drivers license changed permit at 16 and license at 18. Gay permitted at 25 licensed at 27.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cbo said:

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

What?  Try again.

My apologies if I'm completely off base here. But I think he was speaking on trans, not LGB.

It's weird that it's considered part of the same as LGB are sexualities, whereas T is a personal identity.

Also, T is the only one where a child might be coerced into going through life altering procedures.

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

What?  Try again.

In a response to a post about about a gay kid, you said earlier that it is best to wait until after teenage years to "choose" the lifestyle that suits you. 

Then you said there are people in their 60s that still haven't come to grips with their decision. 

So I was wondering what age you think it is appropriate for gays to choose to live a gay "lifestyle."