BMatt on Crow Eating

Nix being a bad quarterback, a bad leader or a bad teammate.

And you were completely and unequivocally wrong. Every last one of you.

WRONG

Your argument was completely dismantled Thursday night when Nix was selected No. 12 overall in the first round of the NFL Draft by the Denver Broncos.

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/bmatt-s-monday-musings-auburn-football-liverpool-you-ll-never-walk-alone

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Nix being a bad quarterback, a bad leader or a bad teammate.

And you were completely and unequivocally wrong. Every last one of you.

WRONG

Your argument was completely dismantled Thursday night when Nix was selected No. 12 overall in the first round of the NFL Draft by the Denver Broncos.

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/bmatt-s-monday-musings-auburn-football-liverpool-you-ll-never-walk-alone

What a silly article lol

1 hour ago, Mims44 said:

What a silly article lol

Silly, but true

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

As far as bad leader or bad teammate, anyone who thought that way probably got the idea from pay site "insiders", like say BMatt (not specifically him but folks like him)

Edited by ertrader

I added some spice to the subject but it was removed for whatever reason. i am just a poor ol boy who is misunderstood..........

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

I added some spice to the subject but it was removed for whatever reason. i am just a poor ol boy who is misunderstood..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/3/2024 at 9:09 PM, Mims44 said:

What a silly article lol

Simply a brilliant deduction of yours from a brilliant mind.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Simply a brilliant deduction of yours from a brilliant mind.

Thank you Sir, I am astounded at the accuracy of your review on my post.

image.png

The thought that Bo could have hit these numbers at Auburn if he just had a bit more of the crowd behind him, with a lil better offense and OC is silly. It completely sidesteps the difference of overall talent between the conferences.

For example, this past Auburn team that everyone calls so devoid of talent just had more players go to the NFL than everyone but 2 teams in the PAC-12.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I like BMatt. I really do but he can kiss my butt on this one. I didn't go to the games and shout at Bo. I didn't boo him although I did refer to him as a coach killer. I absolutely think still to this day he is not a great QB. He improved from awful to a game manager in my opinion(I bolded this part for emphasis). I will wear the dislikes like a badge of honor. There is no doubt that Harsin and Malzahn didn't surround Bo with the best talent. Bo isn't responsible for that. He is responsible for his poor play though. He didn't make it better and didn't make it worse. Good Qbs make the players around them better.

If you think I'm wrong, I'm fine with that. I think the fact he is a legacy for Auburn clouds some of the judgement around Auburn places. So I guess we will be even on that and we can agree to disagree.

Edited by Chaotic_zx
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

He was a first round reach by an eccentric HC. He won't be around in the NFL long and that's ok too. He can be a bad teammate and a decent QB and still not be an NFL QB.

• Facepalm 2

Never understood the effort folks go to give Bo a hard time.  Most QB’s are not successful in the pros.  He probably won’t be but I wish him the best.

He is all over the top 10-20 in different NCAA passing record books.  But the one that stands out to me … in the history of college football no one has ever had a single season with the completion percentage he did this year on 470 attempts (note: team had 437 rush attempts so they weren’t pass happy).  Regardless of the type of offenses or the variety of conferences played in or time zones or the previous all-Americans, heismans or all-pros … that record is his.  That is impressive. And completely immaterial to what he may do in the nfl.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Not a Bo hater by any means but how many rounds of Bo apologizing do we need 

Is he going to come back and win a few more games for Auburn if he gets a couple more sorries? 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Not a Bo hater by any means but how many rounds of Bo apologizing do we need 

Is he going to come back and win a few more games for Auburn if he gets a couple more sorries? 

Nah. But we have enough mealy mouth fans that they need to be called out when proven to be nothing but a blow hard. 

7 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

I like BMatt. I really do but he can kiss my butt on this one. I didn't go to the games and shout at Bo. I didn't boo him although I did refer to him as a coach killer. I absolutely think still to this day he is not a great QB. He improved from awful to a game manager in my opinion(I bolded this part for emphasis). I will wear the dislikes like a badge of honor. There is no doubt that Harsin and Malzahn didn't surround Bo with the best talent. Bo isn't responsible for that. He is responsible for his poor play though. He didn't make it better and didn't make it worse. Good Qbs make the players around them better.

If you think I'm wrong, I'm fine with that. I think the fact he is a legacy for Auburn clouds some of the judgement around Auburn places. So I guess we will be even on that and we can agree to disagree.

They don’t usually draft a game manager at 12, but they do miss on QB’s at times.

Bo is getting first round money that he wouldn’t have gotten if had stayed at Auburn. That’s generational wealth for him and his family. So it’s irrelevant if he becomes an all pro or never starts a game. AU football failed to take advantage of a great talent once again. 

• Like 5

Same old argument by the same poster who got the last identical thread locked. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

They don’t usually draft a game manager at 12, but they do miss on QB’s at times.

I believe the stat quoted is a QB miss rate of 50%. (+/-)

3 hours ago, CCTAU said:

Nah. But we have enough mealy mouth fans that they need to be called out when proven to be nothing but a blow hard. 

Anyone who cares to still argue the point 3 years after the guy transferred is a blowhard. You got one side who doesn't want to concede the guy improved after he left or was better here than he may've been perceived, and then you got another who just wants to prove they were right after he transferred out (which would be their real motivation, if we're being honest). 

There's no good actor here 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

He was a first round reach by an eccentric HC. He won't be around in the NFL long and that's ok too. He can be a bad teammate and a decent QB and still not be an NFL QB.

Was it eccentric Heisman voters, that voted him number three in the Heisman race? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Thank you Sir, I am astounded at the accuracy of your review on my post.

image.png

The thought that Bo could have hit these numbers at Auburn if he just had a bit more of the crowd behind him, with a lil better offense and OC is silly. It completely sidesteps the difference of overall talent between the conferences.

For example, this past Auburn team that everyone calls so devoid of talent just had more players go to the NFL than everyone but 2 teams in the PAC-12.

Great response! You got me, way to go.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Never understood the effort folks go to give Bo a hard time.  Most QB’s are not successful in the pros.  He probably won’t be but I wish him the best.

He is all over the top 10-20 in different NCAA passing record books.  But the one that stands out to me … in the history of college football no one has ever had a single season with the completion percentage he did this year on 470 attempts (note: team had 437 rush attempts so they weren’t pass happy).  Regardless of the type of offenses or the variety of conferences played in or time zones or the previous all-Americans, heismans or all-pros … that record is his.  That is impressive. And completely immaterial to what he may do in the nfl.

Because a good portion of the fanbase (foolishly, I might add) saw him as being a nepo-baby.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

Not meaning to be nasty, just trying to make a point to those who still think Bo was bad at Auburn. Look at his freshman and sophomore year statistics. I’m too lazy to do it myself right now, but his numbers are not bad at all. As a matter of fact, they’re actually pretty good. Then consider he had a below average SEC offensive line, average to below average wide receivers, below average coaching at best, then his numbers are borderline great. 

Then he goes to Oregon, with better all of the above and an easier schedule than the SEC and he becomes the overall 12th player picked in the draft

Keep in mind it was a quarterback talent heavy draft… More-so than any other time in the past couple decades. I just tell you that to say, any year other than this one, Bo would’ve been a top five pick. Just so many talented QB’s in this years draft. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Not meaning to be nasty, just trying to make a point to those who still think Bo was bad at Auburn. Look at his freshman and sophomore year statistics. I’m too lazy to do it myself right now, but his numbers are not bad at all. As a matter of fact, they’re actually pretty good. Then consider he had a below average SEC offensive line, average to below average wide receivers, below average coaching at best, then his numbers are borderline great. 

Then he goes to Oregon, with better all of the above and an easier schedule than the SEC and he becomes the overall 12th player picked in the draft

Keep in mind it was a quarterback talent heavy draft… More-so than any other time in the past couple decades. I just tell you that to say, any year other than this one, Bo would’ve been a top five pick. Just so many talented QB’s in this years draft. 

Sorry to cause pain to anyone, but heading into that MSU game we had a wide open path to winning the west.

13 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Was it eccentric Heisman voters, that voted him number three in the Heisman race? 

Because the Heisman has never failed to predict successful NFL careers. 

That's all I'm saying. He could have easily, EASILY fallen into the 2nd or 3rd round if not for a coach with questionable decision making his entire career. 

Having said all of that, I think he needed to leave Auburn to succeed and for his sake I'm glad to did. Still doesn't mean that he's going to be some AllPro NFL QB, which was my point.