Achor Achor schedules official visit to Auburn

6 hours ago, AUSCalum87 said:

I just saw someone post that there is still a chance Auburn can get him in. Have you heard anything like that?

I haven't but have been out of pocket today 

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'm told School is an issue.  I'm not sure if it's in regards to grades or Major.

If he can pass his studies at Samford he can sure do it at Auburn.  It has to be his major.

6 hours ago, tinman1 said:

If he can pass his studies at Samford he can sure do it at Auburn.  It has to be his major.

They’re a private liberal arts school right? 

9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

They’re a private liberal arts school right? 

Correct.  I went there for 1 semester and decided I'd better seek higher education elsewhere.  Great school but tough academically.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2024 at 5:57 PM, NoALtiger said:

I mean Travore was an unproven kid. Achor is the opposite. You see what he did to Kansas in the tournament game?

Travore was rated as a 5 star recruit. CBP believed he was going to be a great addition to the team. He turned out to be a dud.

I do not doubt CBP's abilities as a motivational coach. He can get buy-in and effort from everyone on the team. I do question his dedication to recruiting tiny guards and unproven lower tier players. But then, I'm not a professional evaluator of talent and I'm inclined to go along with CBP - at least in the beginning. But he's definitely made some questionable recruiting decisions.

I'm not questioning Anchor's cred. I'm just saying that, if he can't make the grade for Auburn -- for ANY reason -- I'm not going to be slashing my wrists.

13 hours ago, AURex said:

Travore was rated as a 5 star recruit. CBP believed he was going to be a great addition to the team. He turned out to be a dud.

I do not doubt CBP's abilities as a motivational coach. He can get buy-in and effort from everyone on the team. I do question his dedication to recruiting tiny guards and unproven lower tier players. But then, I'm not a professional evaluator of talent and I'm inclined to go along with CBP - at least in the beginning. But he's definitely made some questionable recruiting decisions.

I'm not questioning Anchor's cred. I'm just saying that, if he can't make the grade for Auburn -- for ANY reason -- I'm not going to be slashing my wrists.

Traore looked like he never played bball before when he was at AU.  What a strange pickup he was.

21 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Traore looked like he never played bball before when he was at AU.  What a strange pickup he was.

He started playing ball like 6 years ago iirc 

I am surprised that we haven't heard Wesley Yates name since he's in the portal? We were so high on him as a HS recruit last year. I know that he got hurt and didn't play much for UW, but perhaps he could be a combo guard that could play the 1 or 2 or just a knock down shooter to play with Pettiford. 

4 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

I am surprised that we haven't heard Wesley Yates name since he's in the portal? We were so high on him as a HS recruit last year. I know that he got hurt and didn't play much for UW, but perhaps he could be a combo guard that could play the 1 or 2 or just a knock down shooter to play with Pettiford. 

It wouldn't hurt to have him visit and go through an  workout to be sure he is healthy. Then decide if we should push for him.

• Like 2