Are evangelicals the least Christian among us?

52 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Ever hear of the pandemic? It was followed by a roaring recovery and supply chain issues along with gouging opportunism by those companies you want to “set free.”

IMG_2172.jpeg

I point out Biden's ridiculous inflation rates and you post a chart of the S&P 500. The cost of stocks will go up while the nation suffers from high inflation. Higher costs are what inflation is. You have proven my point.

• Haha 1

Just now, Mikey said:

I point out Biden's ridiculous inflation rates and you post a chart of the S&P 500. The cost of stocks will go up while the nation suffers from high inflation. Higher costs are what inflation is. You have proven my point.

I first show it’s a global phenomenon. You seem strikingly ignorant of the global economy. Inflation happened around the world at the same time and had little if anything to do with the US president. News flash— Trump didn’t lower inflation or revive an economy. He inherited a strong trajectory and wasn’t able to screw it up in 4 years although he did set the stage for greater inflation through greatly increasing deficits. Trump 2 will be very different.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Trump 2 will be very different.

Lets hope not too different. He was at least running the country. Biden on the other hand, cannot even find his way off a speaker's platform.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Lets hope not too different. He was at least running the country. Biden on the other hand, cannot even find his way off a speaker's platform.

If you think Trump was actively running the country you’ve learned shockingly little in all your years. Trump 1 demonstrated how well the country was structured to run no matter who was President when we’re on a smooth trajectory we don’t veer too strongly from. The guard rails will be gone in Trump 2. The narcissist will be loosed.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Again, did anyone take a basic macro economics class and understand virtually everything is impacted by global inflation? That almost all goods are made or impacted by global issues (ie the Ukraine war greatly impacts grain prices - ie Cheerios)). Even 100 years ago the Great Depression was global - not one country didn’t go into it.

Some comments are just so naive I’m embarrassed for them.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

20 hours ago, Mikey said:

Close the border, or at least try. Foreign leaders fear him, they think he's a loose cannon. Their only opinion of Biden is a weak, incompetent fool. Turn American industry and business loose and thus reduce inflation. I could go on until dark but those are a few high points.

No, that's your opinion.

Foreign leaders - well except for Putin, Kim Jong Un and a few other authoritarians - would much prefer Biden over Trump.

17 hours ago, Leftfield said:

I love the "they think he's a loose cannon" bit. That a person can think it's preferable to have a leader that's feared because they're a freaking lunatic just blows my mind. 

Especially in the age of strategic nuclear weapons.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

If you shut the computer down and visit a few real settings in the world you may have a clue. 

You mean, like a Trump rally?

Edited by homersapien

en

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

They didn't before. Biden's plans did.

Trump inherited a booming economy from Biden.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Mikey said:

Yes. He didn't invade Ukraine until weakling Biden took office.

When he found out by Biden's response that he was not so weak.

And this while REPUBLICANS try to cut off our aid to Ukraine because Trump doesn't like them. :-\

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

Yes. He didn't invade Ukraine until weakling Biden took office.

This has been pointed out many times before.....Putin didn't invade because Trump was doing his job (weakening NATO) for him. Putin was hoping to play the long game. When Trump wasn't re-elected, Putin had to act because Biden was repairing ties with our allies. Putin knew it was only a matter of time before Ukraine would be admitted as a NATO member, so he made his play when an automatic military response by NATO wasn't assured.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Biden on the other hand, cannot even find his way off a speaker's platform.

Heard some clips of interviews with him in 2005 or 06 yesterday. Completely different person then. Well spoken and to the point on details. He actually understood Israel’s situation in fighting terrorist. Waffles to much now and you seem to be correct about getting off stage.

• Facepalm 2

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Yes seriously. Israel has one of the world’s best militaries, the dome for missile defense, and they’re fighting an enemy with minimal tanks and no air power. Israel is also very sound financially, especially relative to their enemy. Hamas is being obliterated with minimal Israeli casualties(relative to Hamas casualties ). I think you’re confusing that situation with Ukraine, who is facing one of the worlds largest militaries while vastly outgunned and out manned and incapable of defeating Russia without massive aid. 

The dome is defensive in nature.  The threat Hamas has engaged in is the destruction of Israel and they have the financial backing of Iran which is truely ironclad.  If Israel were to bow to Biden’s demands, Hamas will claim victory as they will still be ruling in Gaza and still a threat to the destruction of Israel.  That will send a message to anyone in the ME that America’s backing is contingent on propaganda that can be used to sway America’s thinking.

I am not confusing the situations, they are two different situations being controlled by the same idiot.  Ukraine can not win the war and Biden has peacemealed his aid so that will always be true.  I really don’t know how that one is going to end, but I do know it will drag on.  Israel is in a winnable war and it could end quickly, but for Biden.

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Biden has failed on many fronts but Israel is not weaker because of him. They are rock solid strong, independent of him. 

They are strong and I hope they end this thing in spite of Biden’s blunder.  It is the only way they will be able to save face.  If they kowtow to Biden, they will be attacked again and again weakening the Dome defenses knowing America will only come to their aid in a defensive way if Biden is still in office.  America has never faced this type of situation in our modern history.  The reason we are the leader in terms of military force is we do not lack in offensive weapons.  No one wants to attack the U.S.  Not so for many of the world’s militaries except possibly China and who knows about them?

We can disagree on this.

27 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

He actually understood Israel’s situation in fighting terrorist.

He still understands it. You don’t.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leftfield said:

You think Hamas isn't negotiating because Biden is refusing to send weapons?

Yes,

First of all, Israel and Hamas have been going back and forth for months but could never agree on how many should be released from each side, so a deal was very unlikely to happen to begin with.

There was a deal at one point, that is why we had maybe two Americans released, one of which was relative of a person that bought Hunter’s art.  It was in exchange for a temporary cease fire.  I do agree that any further deal was unlikely since Hamas is on the brink of losing Rafah until Biden stepped in to save them.

Biden isn't "blowing in the wind." Behind the scenes, the Biden administration has been telling Netanyahu for months that his tactics were going too far, and that pausing weapons shipments was being considered. Biden only came forward publicly with this because Netanyahu isn't changing anything in his push into Rafah. 

Why has the Biden administration been telling Netanyahu he was going too far?  Biden only came forward publicly after his gratuitous speech on the Holocaust Memorial Day as he preached unwavering support for Israel in that speech and you believe he isn’t a wind sock?

This is a winnable war for Israel against a terrorist organization and Biden is delaying the win.  Why?  Hamas uses human shields as propaganda and it is working on Biden.  The only way to save any hostage that still might be alive is to take out Hamas and that entails going into Rafah.  The negotiations are over.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Maybe he understands but waffles and flounders on it. 

7 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

He has made it worse in places that do not support him. Had to pay $6 for a bag of ice down on the coast last weekend. Pitiful. 

Location, location, location...the same bag of ice in Alaska is $0.50. lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Hamas is awful and can’t be trusted, but look at this logically— the ONLY leverage they have are the hostages. Why would they give up their only negotiating advantage for anything that doesn’t allow them to survive? If one is intent on crushing Hamas, you’re likely sacrificing the hostages.

This is the logic of the terrorists.  You think like them.  Now realize Israel knows this and has come to the conclusion that the hostages may not be alive and the only way to rescue them if any are still alive is to defeat Hamas in Rafah.

Which one is the right way to go for Israel?

26 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Maybe he understands but waffles and flounders on it. 

Not really. It’s a complex problem. You stay at the surface.

23 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is the logic of the terrorists.  You think like them.  Now realize Israel knows this and has come to the conclusion that the hostages may not be alive and the only way to rescue them if any are still alive is to defeat Hamas in Rafah.

Which one is the right way to go for Israel?

They can do what they want. Insisting we go along with everything their way and fund it isn’t reasonable, is it?

18 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I do agree that any further deal was unlikely since Hamas is on the brink of losing Rafah until Biden stepped in to save them.

How is he saving them? Israel is proceeding with the operation, aren't they? What difference does our lack of bombs make?

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why has the Biden administration been telling Netanyahu he was going too far? 

Well, gee, maybe because half of the almost 35,000 casualties in Gaza have been women and children, and tens-to-hundreds of thousands more are suffering because aid can't get in? Think that might have something to do with it?

Alas, your disregard for human life bares itself once again.

21 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Biden only came forward publicly after his gratuitous speech on the Holocaust Memorial Day as he preached unwavering support for Israel in that speech and you believe he isn’t a wind sock?

You can stand by Israel and not support everything that the leader of their country is doing. Hell, you don't support anything that Biden does, but you'll still defend America, right?

23 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is a winnable war for Israel against a terrorist organization and Biden is delaying the win.  Why?  Hamas uses human shields as propaganda and it is working on Biden.  The only way to save any hostage that still might be alive is to take out Hamas and that entails going into Rafah.  The negotiations are over.

Everything a hammer sees is a nail.

Of course negotiations are over. Netanyahu was going into Rafah regardless. This is exactly what Netanyahu has wanted all along - an excuse to go scorched earth. 

This is a winnable battle. The war doesn't end until a permanent solution is found. What Netanyahu is doing is breeding generations of enemies who will point to Israel's razing of Gaza as proof it is evil.

Israel had a wave of goodwill and support after October 7. Netanyahu has pissed it away, and actually reversed it - there is a renewed effort to have Palestine join the UN. 

Nobody is saying Israel shouldn't have acted. Even in the beginning, people were understanding that some innocent lives were going to be lost, but when Israel doesn't even follow their own rules (bombing escape routes they assured would be safe and such), opinion began to turn against them.

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

They can do what they want. Insisting we go along with everything their way and fund it isn’t reasonable, is it?

Israel isn’t insisting we go along with everything they do.  I would think we would want to be on the right side of history here, but for Biden.

10 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

How is he saving them? Israel is proceeding with the operation, aren't they? What difference does our lack of bombs make?

They have hit the outskirts of Rafah, but not entered according to Biden yesterday.  I hope they will enter.  It’s the smart bombs that will be missed if the civilian casualties are to be kept to a minimum.

14 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Well, gee, maybe because half of the almost 35,000 casualties in Gaza have been women and children, and tens-to-hundreds of thousands more are suffering because aid can't get in? Think that might have something to do with it?

Hamas numbers are not accurate, but go ahead spread that propaganda.  If children are under 18 some of those children could be combatants.

17 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

You can stand by Israel and not support everything that the leader of their country is doing. Hell, you don't support anything that Biden does, but you'll still defend America, right?

Yes you can, but we are in the middle of it and Biden’s decisions are counter productive to long term peace.

19 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

What Netanyahu is doing is breeding generations of enemies who will point to Israel's razing of Gaza as proof it is evil.

This is such BS.  Hamas teaches hate in their schools, loosing this war and eliminating Hamas maybe a start to a better future for Gazans. 

22 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Israel had a wave of goodwill and support after October 7. Netanyahu has pissed it away, and actually reversed it - there is a renewed effort to have Palestine join the UN. 

The UN couldn’t have been more pro Hamas if they tried.  They actually participated in Oct 7th through UNRWA.

24 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Nobody is saying Israel shouldn't have acted. Even in the beginning, people were understanding that some innocent lives were going to be lost, but when Israel doesn't even follow their own rules (bombing escape routes they assured would be safe and such), opinion began to turn against them.

Do you IV the propaganda?

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Netanyahu is squandering all of the good will and empathy Israel inherited from the Holocaust.

Biden understands that.