WarEagleMoment.Org

MDM4AU

Great commercial on JP about "War Eagle Moments.

There are two words that give you a sense of belonging even when you are far from home. And when you hear them, you know you’re with family.

Two simple words. “War Eagle.”

http://www.wareaglemoment.org/

There is a website where you can tell them about War Eagle moment. You know, when you are the in the last place you expect to hear it and someone says, "WAR EAGLE!" pretty cool feeling.

So, I thought I would start a thread similar to ones from the past about those moments.

Where was your War Eagle Moment?

I have had several, but most memorable was probably Chicago a few years ago. Coincidentally, I was headed to a bar to watch the AU v. MSU game.

Sorry, I had the name of the site wrong. It has been corrected.

Venice, Italy.

180113[/snapback]

My daughter was wearing an Auburn shirt while in Athens, Greece and someone shouted "War Eagle!" This was several years ago with her high school.

180119[/snapback]

I tend to pack a lot of Auburn shirts whenever I go on vacation.

Rosarito Beach, Mexico. I saw a Bammer, I gave him a good War Eagle! He shot back a Roll Tide. Even though he was obviously a poor misguided soul, I still knew he understood. I love the SEC.

two weekends ago in vegas, the girl sitting next to me at the blackjack table. she lived in san fran, went to auburn for undergrad several years back, told each other war eagle and talked about auburn football for a while. unfortunately, we both couldn't seem to win a hand at blackjack.

Rome, Italy

Our honeymoon 1998. We are at the Trevy fountain and my wife asks a couple to take our picture in front of the fountain. Of course, she talks to them, you know in a slow monotone, way, like you do talking to someone you don't think speaks any English. Well, the lady of the couple, in the most southern accent politely says,"We're from Alabama?" We exchange the where froms, them I think Birmingham?? Exchange a War Eagle and a Roll Tide, I am pretty sure they were bammers, fuzzy details there. Put pretty funny b/c of the way my wife asked them and she answers with a big thick accent. I still joke with my wife about it.

i love it when i go somewhere with my friends who arent associated with auburn, to hear people say war eagle to me 3-4 times.

my friends are like, geez dude, what the hell is up with this war eagle?

i think they are jealous.

i love it!

:au::thumbsup:

Norman, Oklahoma in 2002 just before kick off of the OU/Bama game I was in a convient store across from the OU student center when I heard "War Eagle!" from across the store. It was yet another Auburn fan who had traveled 800 miles just to watch Bama lose.

On a business trip to Boston. I was with our sales manager at the time. He was a bammer graduate and he had on his bammer shirt, so I wore me an :au: polo. We went ahead and stayed for the weekend to catch a Red Sox game. While we were walking to Fenway, some guy, in a typical Boston accent gave me a WAH EAGLE! as he walked by. Then on the way back, while on the train, I got another WAH EAGLE from somebody else! It was tearing our sales manager up that I got two of them in one day in Boston and nobody had ever given him a RT of all the numerous times he had been up there.

I went on a trip to Europe this summer. While in Paris, our group went to the Arc d' Tromph. You can walk through a tunnel where you actually end up right under the arch. Well, while we were there 2 guys recognized someone from our group and yelled out War Eagle! Both of them were students who were traveling. I just thought that was awesome. It really did make me feel closer to home, and it's amazing that we have AU family all over the world. :au:

1989 Kansas City Missouri.

We were on vacation and taking in a Royals game. My son was four at the time, and during pregame stretching and BP he was hopelessly stuck in a long line for autographs. On my cue, a simple "War Eagle Bo" got Mr Jackson's immediate attention and he signed my son's batting helmet.

Archived