LSU-ASU

Raven_tiger

Here comes ASU, right down the field. :48 left ASU on LSU's 27...

The Fat Lady just sat down. :huh:

180219[/snapback]

SHE STOOD BACK UP RT!!!

What a great ballgame. LSU's O showed up in the 4th qtr. Good W for the SEC and LSU. :big: I wish Bama would have lost :angry:

Keller passed for 462 yards!  If Cox has his kinks worked out by the LSU game, he has the ability to light them up.

180226[/snapback]

As long as Pelini is our defensive coordinator most high school teams will light LSU up.

That guy is abysmal :blink:

LSU loses at least 2 or more SEC games with that ass-hat as DC. I think Auburn is in the driver's seat.

Keller passed for 462 yards!  If Cox has his kinks worked out by the LSU game, he has the ability to light them up.

180226[/snapback]

As long as Pelini is our defensive coordinator most high school teams will light LSU up.

That guy is abysmal :blink:

LSU loses at least 2 or more SEC games with that ass-hat as DC. I think Auburn is in the driver's seat.

180242[/snapback]

Well to be honest, Keller is one of the top 5 QBs in Div 1.

A bit early to compare COX to Keller...

LSU gave up enough yards for 2 games with very little threat of a ground game (i.e. they knew what was coming and could do nothing about it). If they don't fix that secondary, several SEC teams will torch them.

I saw EXACTLY what I wanted to see. A LSU/SEC win but signs of several weak spots.

I have not been overly impressed with any SEC team so far (I haven't seen UF). AU is very much in the race!

Overall, Arizona St. was quicker and faster than I thought they would be. They played hard the entire game.

It was hard for me to figure out if LSU was distracted by all of the storm related issues or maybe the coaching change was/is more of a problem than anticipated. Also I was expecting LSU to win this game a little easier than they did. To their credit they did come back and win and the last minute win could/should pay dividends down the road. I have to think they will have to play better against Tennessee & Florida in order to win those games. Also I want to think they will have to play much, much better to have a chance of beating Auburn (but AUBURN will have to step it up as well.)

LSU gave up enough yards for 2 games with very little threat of a ground game (i.e. they knew what was coming and could do nothing about it).  If they don't fix that secondary, several SEC teams will torch them.

I saw EXACTLY what I wanted to see.  A LSU/SEC win but signs of several weak spots. 

I have not been overly impressed with any SEC team so far (I haven't seen UF).  AU is very much in the race!

180280[/snapback]

To me the SEC West looks down this year. Vandy beating Arky??? Bama looked like it had a tough time with USM until late. AU laid (another) Tubby egg, first game out. LSU got a win, but it looks like a new coach coupled with the hurricane may be a lot for the Tigers to handle. UM looked bad against Memphis, should have lost that game.

The East looks a lot better, at this point, in the season.

I attended the game last night. Here are my observations:

1) LSU has a lot of raw talent, and they played like it was the first game of the season. A lot of stupid mistakes that nearly cost them the game. ASU already had a game under its belt, and it really showed.

2) LSU's DBs are inexperienced. This is the weak point of the team. Keller carved up the secondary at will. The LBs are nothing to write home about either.

3) Not many teams are going to run the ball against LSU's DL though. Auburn's OL and RBs will have to improve considerably or Cox will have to throw 50 passes like Keller did. Riggs is the only back I can see making a dent in that line all season.

4) JaMarcus Russell has enormous raw talent, but he reminds me a lot of Jason Cambell as a sophomore. He took a couple of bad sacks, but that 4th quarter TD throw was simply incredible. By the time he is a senior, he will probably be the top QB in the country.

5) If Auburn gets the running game going, the Tigers can beat LSU in Baton Rouge. Right now, both teams have a lot to work on. Auburn has a few weeks to work out the kinks, but LSU plays Tennessee next Saturday and the Volunteer QB is probably going to throw for 400+ yards if Riggs can keep the LSU D honest.

Archived