SC Thumps Arky

Raven_tiger

That statement will earn you a 70pt thrashing.

WEareSC message board.

I think that Arky also took the beating for the LSU NC, and perhaps for the talk of the SEC being superior to the the PAC-10 in football.

<_<

We score 63 in Ball State, a MAC team.

SC scores 70 on Arky, a SEC team, and they ran up the score? From what I saw they could have hit 100 if they really wanted to...

I've watched a lot of football, but I've never seen a game like that. 8 plays and 4 TDs! I can only wonder where the Hogs' defense was. It's difficult to believe that any team is as good as USC appeared to be last night. My hat is off to 'em.

Guest Tigrinum Major

SC scores 70 on Arky, a SEC team, and they ran up the score? From what I saw they could have hit 100 if they really wanted to...

182113[/snapback]

USC, third quarter late, up like 55-10, Matt Leinart still chunking the ball? They have a great run game. Just run the clock.

Auburn was running the ball and breaking long runs. Davis deserves the TD. Leinart didn't need another pass.

Find something else to criticize Auburn about, Raven.

As much as I hate to defend USC, Arkansas should be the team trying to keep the game respectable, not USC. If the score got out of hand Nutt' s defense is to blame.

That being said, it's not my style to run up the score, and I wouldn't do it. But I also won't fault someone else if they want to. They're the ones who would have kicked them selves all year if Leinhart got injured. Running up the score against a Ball State or Div 2 team is basically playing the "bully" role - Arkansas is a mid level SEC team and should be able to defend themselves - they didn't.

182113[/snapback]

USC, third quarter late, up like 55-10, Matt Leinart still chunking the ball? They have a great run game. Just run the clock.

Auburn was running the ball and breaking long runs. Davis deserves the TD. Leinart didn't need another pass.

Find something else to criticize Auburn about, Raven.

182116[/snapback]

No criticism of AU intended. Ball State is out of their league. The :arky: are a SEC school, if they want to keep the score respectable, play defense. Maybe string some 1st downs together...

:au:

Whenever Leinart threw, the receivers were all WIDE open. It was like a practice scrimmage. Forget about SC running up the score late in the game, this match-up was out of hand half-way through the 1st quarter. Arky had zero pass defense and for that -- they deserved the thrashing they took. Whoever is responsible for coordinating their secondary should resign in disgrace. It's no mystrey to me why Vandy beat them. And, if any team on their schedule can just pass the ball halfway decent, they should beat the Hogs easily.

I think we can all agree on one thing:

ARKANSAS BLOWS THIS YEAR  :puke:

182147[/snapback]

And houston nutt is on a blazing hot seat after this year so far and last year. Seems like only yesterday Nebraska was coveting him.

I have no problem with them dropping 70 on Arky.

I'm not afraid to admit that USC is looking scary good. They have talent that with the scholly restrictions I woulda thought was impossible to amass. I just hope they have a let up game and get beaten. No one is unbeatable, but dang they look good.

I have no problem with them dropping 70 on Arky.

I'm not afraid to admit that USC is looking scary good. They have talent that with the scholly restrictions I woulda thought was impossible to amass. I just hope they have a let up game and get beaten. No one is unbeatable, but dang they look good.

182156[/snapback]

i'm w/ you, 88. i wish we would've gotten our chance last season. but this is a new season, and as much as i'm sick of hearing about USC.... they're living up to the hype so far. i hope they crash and burn like OU has, but they're gonna have to beat themselves for it to happen.

as far as running it up goes... let's not forget... they lost their OC after last season. they want to make sure their O is clicking on all cylinders before getting into conference play. and they did it against what should've been a respectable SEC oppnent.

I got to give it to USC they beat those hillbillies pretty bad. Arkansas offense looked ok for the first quarter, but they got no help from their pathetic defense. USC defense looks like it could be exposed by a good offense and that could cost them big time.

[

No criticism of AU intended. Ball State is out of their league.  The  :arky:   are a SEC school, if they want to keep the score respectable, play defense. Maybe string some 1st downs together...

:au:

182131[/snapback]

String some first downs together? There offense was awesome, and put up some nice drives. The SC defense didn't look all that great. It's only SC's offense that is unstoppable. Their defense is far from unstoppable. If SC had played say LSU, Auburn, Georgia, the story would have been different. Not to discredit SC at all. SC is a good team, but the Arkansas defense isn't anything spectacular, and neither is SC's.

New OC or not, there was no need to have Leinhart in and passing as late in the game as he was. Doesn't look like he got much more "practice" out of the Hogs than he might have against a scout team.

But surely they had some freshmen/sophomores on the bench that needed experience more than Leinhart & the starters? ....they may wish some of those rally young guys had a little more playing time next year.

With all this being said about how bad Arkansas looks, I promise you the Arky Bama game will be close. They played a team that could beat the worst NFL team I bet. Well, maybe not beat an NFL team....but make it close.

Im still worried about Arky, they always play hard when in Tuscaloosa.

I did not watch or listen to the game but check out the stats

Arkansas USC

1st Downs 21 32

Total Yards 326 736

Passing 129 445

Rushing 197 291

Penalties 7-48 4-23

3rd Down Conversions 8-18 4-8

4th Down Conversions 0-0 2-3

Turnovers 2 0

Possession 34:09 25:51

Arkansas had 21 first downs and 326 total yards against USC's defense. If Nutt's team had any pass defense this might have been a great game. USC only had a 4-8 third down conversion and they went 2-3 on 4th down. This tells me that most of USC's yards came on big pass plays on 1st and second down. It also tells me that they went for it on 4th down three times instead of punting. That is running up the score on a hapless opponent.

For what its worth here is Vandy vs Arkansas

1st Downs 22 20

Total Yards 408 398

Passing 278 204

Rushing 130 194

Penalties 2-9 9-88

3rd Down Conversions 6-16 5-15

4th Down Conversions 1-1 1-3

Turnovers 1 1

Possession 31:17 28:43

Arkansas did control the clock on USC they just suck really bad against the pass. USC only held the Hoggs to 72 less yards than Vandy did?

USC is a great offense but if they ever play a team with a good offense and a good defense they will have a big struggle and may not be able to handle it.

Archived