Shanehead speaks

DKW 86

A Shot at the Big Prize  Yes he means a MNC!

By Shane from Center Point

Guest Commentator

September 30, 2005

Before my critics begin to attack me for being biased covering only the Crimson Tide, remember this weeks National attention is focused towards the University of Alabama. The Tide’s battle with the Mighty Gators is the only college football game of the B.C.S. impact in the South this week. If either team wants to advance to Atlanta and get a shot at U.S.C. This contest is a major opportunity to influence their status in the polls. Make no mistakes, from Alabama’s perspective this is the biggest game in over a decade. A win of this magnitude would wipe away years of frustration and pain. A loss would hurt and there are no excuses to make this time. Florida last won the National Championship in 1996. Alabama took the top prize way back in 1992. Like I said, this is a game of epic proportion.

This contest is going to be a great indicator for Alabama to measure their progress. By any standards the Gators are a quality program. Success Saturday means great things are coming faster than anyone could have imagined.

Coach Shula utilizes a ball control, run oriented, play-act on Offense. Urban likes to spread the field and use an option game from a shotgun formation. This is an excellent chance to see which is best - classic football meets hi-tech razzle dazzle.

One thing is clear, the winner of this game will be the team whose quarterback performs at the highest level. A Senior who is an experience field leader can make or break a game. Brodie Croyle is better than Chris Leak. I believe he makes Alabama a 7 point favorite over any team Bama faces this season.

I think Bama’s defense has the capability and the scheme to slow down the Gators fancy attack. I’m not sure Florida can handle the physical style offence that Alabama likes to play. If they put their corners on an island, Brodie can probably hurt them enough to set up the running game. The team that can stop the run and run themselves will be the victor.

Once again, forgive me for not addressing the rest of the S.E. C. Three teams are sitting at the house and the rest of the games should be blowouts. In other words, Tuscaloosa and the Crimson Tide are hosting the only game in town.

P.S. As for the National Championship Race, only Alabama, Florida and Georgia remain in the chase. Auburn, L.S.U. and Tennessee are eliminated. There will be only two left standing Saturday night.

Shane’s weekly picks

**Shane went 6-2 straight up and 1-5 against the spread in week #4**

**So far, Shane is 26-8 straight up for the year, 17-15 against the spread**

fla@BAMA--BAMA 24 fla 17

This is BIG TIME football. Alabama is 7 pts better than Florida, on any field. Urban is cocky, his players are arrogant and Alabama is strong, fast, and is executing well on both sides of the ball.

so car@AUBURN--AUBURN 31 so car 10

Steve’s Cocks will get trounced by a deep, well coached team from the State he will get to hate.

lsu@MSU--LSU 24 miss st 14

Lester got spanked by Fat Phil and the big orange, but the Tigers have more raw talent than the Bulldogs. Sly will test Les and open his eyes to the task ahead.

ole miss@TENN--TENN 35 ole miss 14

At least Tenn is a real SEC team with a wiley old coach. Eddie and his gung-ho philosophy, can’t overcome the team speed of the Vols.

mid tenn st@VANDY--VANDY 31 mid tenn st 21

I’m sold. Vandy all the way and any day.

Arkansas—off (Give the Nutt a break)

Georgia—off (next up Tenn in Knoxville)

Kentucki—off (Don’t bother spell checking Kentucki, I mean it)

uatkoolaid.jpg

"Brodie Croyle is better than Chris Leak." What an idiot!!

Don't know about ya'll, but I'd rather have Leak running my offense. He can do it all, run, pass, lead, more durable etc.

Shane can be entertaining at times can't he!?!?

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My eyes! My eyes! The Spelling and Grammar alarms inside my head are going NUTS!! Good Gravy! How does he expect anyone (other than his fellow bammers) to take him seriously when he can't write his way out of a paper bag?!?!?

I know, I am the only one hung up on this, but I tell you, I see the decline of this society in kids coming out of high school not being able to read, spell, or write a complete sentence using appropriate grammar and punctuation.

I can tell you right now, if you think I am nuts, just be glad you aren't Katie. ;) I'll probably be assigning her additional English homework just to make sure she bucks this trend.

And back on topic, this guy is nuts. National Championship hunt. Give me a break. :blink:

This guy knows absolutely nothing about football. Meyer's offense is not razzle dazzle!! It is a spread offense, mixing the run and the pass. It is not anymore razzle dazzle then the new Borges AU offense (west coast), more like southwest try to catch you with you're pants down. That is hilarious that he thinks little bc is better than Leak. I think Leak and Cutler are the two best QBs in the league. Our big BC is quickly proving himself to be all that. This type stupidity cracks me up.

After Urban sends flipper to school, shane will be the first in that long line of uaters screaming for a new "coach". :lol::lol:

High comic value indeed. :big:

What makes you say that, Buck?

Is it Leak's 71% completion rate, to Brode-meister's 57%?

Is it the fact that Leak hasnt thrown any interceptions, unlike Bro-D?

Or is it Leak's 9 TD passes?

" I believe he makes Alabama a 7 point favorite over any team Bama faces this season."

Yeah, that's logical. :rolleyes:

185189[/snapback]

Trey, he even thinks Bama would be 7 points better than USC in the Rose Bowl!!!!

Remember he is predicting for the BIG PRIZE!

What makes you say that, Buck?

Is it Leak's 71% completion rate, to Brode-meister's 57%?

Is it the fact that Leak hasnt thrown any interceptions, unlike Bro-D?

Or is it Leak's 9 TD passes?

185196[/snapback]

Exactly, DC!! Stats aside Leak is still the better QB. I'd like to see Radar run the option with BC. Croyle is fragile!

Brodie Croyle is better than Chris Leak.
If they put their corners on an island, Brodie can probably hurt them enough to set up the running game.

Otay.

First of all, he must be the moron that sent Jim Rome an email stating that Brodie would be the answer to the Jets QB problems. He must be the same guy that said that Brodie is the second coming of Joe Namath. BTW, Jim replied by saying that Brodie is an average at best QB and that Croyle could never guarentee the biggest upset in the history of football and go out and make it happen. Rome said that Brodie could never get slammed before going on national TV and hit on a sports analyst.

Secondly, he doesn't sound too sure of himself. I know Leak could burn anyone one-on-one with the caliber of receivers Bama has.

I believe he makes Alabama a 7 point favorite over any team Bama faces this season.

Otay.

Lets just say that Bama DID make it to the MNC, and lets say that they just happened to play USC. I wonder if Shaney boi would give Bama a 7 point edge b/c of Croylo.

LOL How is Auburn eliminated? They are 1-0 in the SEC... IF UA somehow loses to UF this weekend, that leaves Auburn ontop of the SEC West if AU pulls off the W.

A win of this magnitude would wipe away years of frustration and pain. A loss would hurt and there are no excuses to make this time

So monday, someone needs to remind this idiot after uat gets spanked that he said there are NO excuses.

What is the deal with not spelling Kentucky correctly...I don't get it

185220[/snapback]

Cause he can't spell Kentucky correctly cause he is so full of shane he can't see shane for shane. All the hype that the Bammers are giving this game is going to look foolish if the Gators spank them, which could happen. Why doesn't Shane just admit the fact that he has a man crush on Croyle so the rest of us won't be subjected to his "admiration" of Brodie. Leak has the stats and the WINS to prove that he is a better quarterback than BC, so you really can't argue that.

185220[/snapback]

Cause he can't spell Kentucky correctly cause he is so full of shane he can't see shane for shane. All the hype that the Bammers are giving this game is going to look foolish if the Gators spank them, which could happen. Why doesn't Shane just admit the fact that he has a man crush on Croyle so the rest of us won't be subjected to his "admiration" of Brodie. Leak has the stats and the WINS to prove that he is a better quarterback than BC, so you really can't argue that.

185227[/snapback]

BTW, Brodie Croyle will have a feature on College Gameday in the morning.

http://www.rolltide.com/Football/13355.asp

Croyle to Be Featured on ESPN College Gameday

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Senior Crimson Tide quarterback Brodie Croyle will be featured on ESPN’s College Gameday this weekend.

The feature focuses on Croyle’s life growing up at the Big Oak Ranch, a Christian home for children needing a chance.  The Big Oak Ranch was started by Croyle’s father, John, who played under legendary coach Paul “Bear†Bryant and was a part of the 1973 national championship team.

College Gameday will air Saturday morning at 9:30 a.m. on ESPN.

As for the idiot...well, he is an idiot. What else is there to say?

I guess we should all whether in pink jerseys or burnt orange and navy blue should start bowing down to the legendary Brodie.

Hey, to have this freakin idiot possess any type of legitimate claim to a sportscaster or anything close to it is an abomination! He is a plant on the Finescum show and nothing more. Whatever information he receives comes from Las Vegas and there's nothing more. Why The SCUM or the FINESCUM would annoit this a**hole as a legitimate expert on ANYTHING is beyond me.... Bammers are the losers since SHAUN is a Bammer suck off.

"Brodie Croyle is better than Chris Leak."  What an idiot!!

Don't know about ya'll, but I'd rather have Leak running my offense.  He can do it all, run, pass, lead, more durable etc.

Shane can be entertaining at times can't he!?!?

185185[/snapback]

i think this guy is on too much Kool-aid too, but i just have one disagreement with your above statement... see the bolded portion...

I believe the last stat that i read was that Leak has -1 yards rushing on the season... of course, that was before Kentucky, but they don't count... You have to admit, Leak is a lil one dimensional... he can run his offense really well, and he's a hell of a passing quarterback, but he can't run the football...

Guest Tigrinum Major

185220[/snapback]

The same reason he spelled Boise State "Bosie St" the first week of the season. Three times.

In other words, his GED should be revoked.

He is certifiable.

185220[/snapback]

185227[/snapback]

So :no: you are saying there is some man love there.......?????........ :no:

Centerpoint always seemed to have the scent of natural gas leaking from an underground pipe. Alabama Gas should do a line check close to Shane's house. I bet they'd find it within a block.

Archived