Was it really a bad rushing day?

DKW 86

Or could it be that :usc: was just really trying to counteract Kenny Irons?

I think it was overkill on Irons myself.

:ua: beats :usc: by 23......Signature Win!

:au: beats :usc: by 41.......just another day at the office.

Think about it! ;)

Again, I gotta' agree. SC looked like Ball State. BECAUSE, Auburn MADE SC look like Ball State!

Auburn's defense is playing like the BEST defense in the SEC for a reason,...They ARE.

We had a short field most of the night. KI's stats are skewed because, like any good(#1 scoring offense in the SEC) offense, We took what they gave us. SC did not want AU to run the ball all over them, so, they put 8-9 in the box. Brandon Cox was more than happy to give 'em what they asked for.

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

On the post game show, they emphasized how 2 things affected our rushing totals.

1. 8 men in the box at all times by USC, trying to force BC to execute. (Remember 2003?)

2. Our special teams and defense presented numerous short fields for the offense. They didn't have to go very far to score so no gaudy rushing totals.

Think about it, 48 points, no defensive scores, no special teams TDs and we had just under 400 yards of offense.(I think) That shows we didn't have to move the ball very far to score. Kudos to Gran and the special teams along with Gibbs and the D.

And Dave, you hit the nail on the head. The media treated Bama's win over the Cocks like the biggest win in college football. Saturday, in our local litter box liner, :au: got one small picture and a small article that took up about 1/8 of the sports cover page. UA got a full blown color photo, two huge headlines that took up the rest of the cover and....a healine on the front page of the paper reading, "Historic Day In Alabama."

Winning by 41 is a day at the office I would like to see all year long. :D

We had what 125 yards on the ground, not bad considering they had 8 guys in the box the whole time. While no single back shined, it was a good effort overall. I do wish they would let Brad Lester return a punt or two he looks great on kick off returns.

Think about it, 48 points, no defensive scores, no special teams TDs and we had just under 400 yards of offense.(I think) That shows we didn't have to move the ball very far to score. Kudos to Gran and the special teams along with Gibbs and the D.

And Dave, you hit the nail on the head.  The media treated Bama's win over the Cocks like the biggest win in college football.  Saturday, in our local litter box liner,  :au:   got one small picture and a small article that took up about 1/8 of the sports cover page.  UA got a full blown color photo, two huge headlines that took up the rest of the cover and....a healine on the front page of the paper reading, "Historic Day In Alabama."

186056[/snapback]

You must live in or near Bamaham.

48 ponits pure "O" and only one trash TD allowed by the D Kudos all around.

ANY day that flipper gets a "W" IS a historic day! :)

Archived