Early LSU Prediction

StatTiger

Here comes the wave of cocky LSU fans who think they have a coach (wow....hes just...great)....and a definite chance of winning.

Your coach will lose this game for you...thats all that needs to be said PERIOD.

No offense, but facing an LSU team who was up on Tenn by 28 points, and LOST...then playing miserable against Florida isnt exactly stellar. If you want to bring up stats, check out the SEC stats...they will speak clearly as well.

Sorry corndogs, nice try :moon:

Edit note: Florida is right there JUST above Ole Miss, Kentucky, Arkansas, & Vandy. I wouldnt exactly call that the best of tests. LSU's only test was Tenn. and lost horribly.

How about we just end it on the best team will win this saturday, whether it be LSU or Auburn.

I have no idea what the score will be because I have idea what LSU team will show up. I said that if LSU turned the ball over and had the penalties they did earlier in the season against Florida it would not be pretty. Little did I know FLA would be in the middle of a mid-season collapse.

I have not had the opportunity to watch Auburn this year, but all in all it is going to be a toss up. One thing I do know with this team, whoever wins, whether it is Auburn or LSU, it will not be anything ordinary. For some reason, this LSU team just has weird tendencies. I cannot put my finger on it.

Either way, here is to a good game between 2 sec powers, Saturday night in Death Valley. To those of you making the trip, have a safe one and enjoy gameday at LSU.

Like to take the time to apologize for my mean hearted previous post. The cockiness attitude displayed by some of the opposing fans is just too much B)

What I Can't understand is why you Aubbies are so confident, YOU HAVE PLAYED ABSOLUTE TRASH SO FAR. The only team you did play that was somewhat descent beat you guys. I can't wait to come back to this board after we kick the crap out of you Saturday. Don't worry reality isn't very far away. Like I said I wasn't trying to flame just pointing out the obvious, but this smart ass Aubbie here tried to be funny. :sec::D

No offense, but facing an LSU team who was up on Tenn by 28 points, and LOST...then playing miserable against Florida isnt exactly stellar. 

189519[/snapback]

Not that it really makes a difference but LSU was up by 21 not 28. And, btw, Florida was #11 for the tilt with LSU and beat Tennessee too.

One more thing vatz22au, the only Division I team with a winning record that Auburn played thus far...Auburn LOST!!! Put that in your pipe and smoke it pal.

Guest Tigrinum Major
What I Can't understand is why you Aubbies are so confident, YOU HAVE PLAYED ABSOLUTE TRASH SO FAR. The only team you did play that was somewhat descent beat you guys. I can't wait to come back to this board after we kick the crap out of you Saturday. Don't worry reality isn't very far away. Like I said I wasn't trying to falme just pointing out the obvious, but this smart ass Aubbie here tried to be funny. 

For the record, Aubie has one "b".

Is "falme" cajun for smack talk?

You were correct, GA Tech has started their descent into the valley of bad football.

Which smart aleck Aubie were you referring to?

This will be a very, very tough game for both teams.

It's hard to tell how good Auburn is because of the level of competition. Dont get me wrong, Auburn is a good team and will beat LSU if LSU plays the way they did against Florida. But how will Auburn fare against a top defense? LSU has a better defense than G. Tech.

Yes, LSU pass defense was horrible against Arizona State and Tennessee, but has made great improvements since then. I know Florida isn't very good this year, but LSU held Chris Leak to 11 of 30 for 107 yards with most of them coming in the last 3 minutes of the game.

This will be another defensive battle, I'm giving LSU the nod because of home field advantage and a tougher schedule so far.

:lsu: 17 :au: 13

What I Can't understand is why you Aubbies are so confident, YOU HAVE PLAYED ABSOLUTE TRASH SO FAR. The only team you did play that was somewhat descent beat you guys. I can't wait to come back to this board after we kick the crap out of you Saturday. Don't worry reality isn't very far away. Like I said I wasn't trying to falme just pointing out the obvious, but this smart ass Aubbie here tried to be funny. 

For the record, Aubie has one "b".

Is "falme" cajun for smack talk?

You were correct, GA Tech has started their descent into the valley of bad football.

Which smart aleck Aubie were you referring to?

189542[/snapback]

He was probably refering to me since I was the only one dumb enough to respond to his stupid post...I am not making any friends here tonight... :no:

It's hard to tell how good Auburn is because of the level of competition. Dont get me wrong, Auburn is a good team and will beat LSU if LSU plays the way they did against Florida. But how will Auburn fare against a top defense? LSU has a better defense than G. Tech.

Yes, LSU pass defense was horrible against Arizona State and Tennessee, but has made great improvements since then. I know Florida isn't very good this year, but LSU held Chris Leak to 11 of 30 for 107 yards with most of them coming in the last 3 minutes of the game.

This will be another defensive battle, I'm giving LSU the nod because of home field advantage and a tougher schedule so far.

:lsu: 17  :au: 13

189545[/snapback]

I agree with you. I would say right now advantage LSU because of home field advantage. I will give LSU an advantage with your special teams because I think that Skyler is a stud. I give Auburn an edge in defense.

The difference in this game is going to boil down to one thing...QUARTERBACK PLAY. Whichever team has the best QB play is going to come out with the win. I think that both teams can have a decent running attack BUT both Auburn and LSU are prone to getting beat by the pass. This game goes to the QB that can exploit the D through the air and the team who's QB makes the least amount of mistakes.

189545[/snapback]

I have to agree with most of your thoughts on the game, except that you like most everybody else want to talk about the Tech game

I told some Arky posters last week that this team in no way resembles the team that played Tech. AU offesive line didn't play good, AU had 5 turnovers, 1 TD called back that resulted in one of the TOs and the defense gave up 10 points early before they settled down. Ball also had the game his career. In short, AU played bad on both sides of the ball and still was only 6 points down with 2 minutes to go in the game.

LSU is hard to read in that they can play so good(1rst half UT & part of ASU) and play really bad(4th Q UT, UF). If LSU clicks they could be the first team to score 30 on AU since they did it in 2003.

Right now I think 20 points wins this game and hopefully AU will be the team.

189545[/snapback]

I agree with you. I would say right now advantage LSU because of home field advantage. I will give LSU an advantage with your special teams because I think that Skyler is a stud. I give Auburn an edge in defense.

The difference in this game is going to boil down to one thing...QUARTERBACK PLAY. Whichever team has the best QB play is going to come out with the win. I think that both teams can have a decent running attack BUT both Auburn and LSU are prone to getting beat by the pass. This game goes to the QB that can exploit the D through the air and the team who's QB makes the least amount of mistakes.

189548[/snapback]

Yeah, it will come down to whoever plays better between Cox and Russell. Both are sophmores (at least I think Cox is a sophmore??) So it will defintley be an interesting game.

I give LSU an edge in offense, Auburn a slight edge in defense. Mostly because LSU defense has been improving every game.

One thing is certain, LSU has no chance if they commit penalties and turnovers in cricital situations.

Auburn's opponents

Georgia Tech 4-2

Arkansas: 2-4

South Carolina: 3-3

Ball State: 1-5

Miss State: 2-4

1-AA Western Kentucky: 6-1

LSU's opponents

#15 Arizona State 3-3

#10 Tennessee 3-2

Mississippi State 2-4

Vanderbilt 4-3

#11 Florida 5-2

Auburn has not been really faced any competition this year as they have not played a ranked team (and I mean ranked at the time they played them).  In addition, Auburn has played only one road game.  Given Auburn's current schedule they really haven't had to face any adversity.

LSU has played 3 top 15 teams and has had 3 road games.  LSU's 1st 2 games were played under the most adverse conditions that ANY team has ever faced.  In fact, this past weekends game against Florida was this 1st return to normalcy for LSU in 1 1/2 months (being the 1st home game at LSU on a Saturday).  IMO LSU has been tested.

I can say this about LSU too...from the Arizona State game until now, LSU has gotten progressively better on defense and offense.  Also, this LSU team will be the best defense that Cox and Irons have seen thus far.  While the continued penalties (10/game) and turnovers (9 in last 2) are a problem, IMHO LSU has the best talent in the SEC which is why they have come out on top more often than not.  But, if they continue their undisciplined play, it will catch up with them sooner than later. 

I've watched every game that LSU has played this year and LSU has outplayed every team physically but not mentally.  I thought Miss. St. and Vandy was fools gold but LSU outplayed Florida this past weekend and should have put them away easily but for the mental mistakes.  Right now, LSU just doesn't have that killer instinct and that coupled with their undisciplined play has been their Achilles this year (see Tennessee).  They should have easily put every game away early with the exception of Arizona State.  If LSU can play against Auburn with few penalties and minimal turnovers, I think LSU wins handily (14-17 points). 

One more bit of trivia comparison:

Common opponent - Miss. St. 

vs. AU (28-0)

Auburn 320 total yards, MSU 207

Auburn passing 12-18 for 202, MSU 12-21 for 126

Auburn rushing 41 for 118, MSU 38 for 81

vs. LSU (37-7)

LSU 402 total yards, MSU 229 total yards

LSU passing 23-28 for 231, MSU 11-26 for 173

LSU rushing 32 for 171, 28 for 56

189508[/snapback]

Auburn hasn't really been tested yet. But, you're wrong about LSU playing 3 top 15 teams. None of the teams even made it to mid-season in the top 15, which means they were all overrated. So is LSU.

Auburn hasn't really been tested yet.  But, you're wrong about LSU playing 3 top 15 teams.  None of the teams even made it to mid-season in the top 15, which means they were all overrated.  So is LSU.

189583[/snapback]

Well, let me say this, LSU didn't finish #3 last year but Auburn certainly bragged about beating LSU last year when LSU was ranked #3 and the record book reads that Auburn defeated #3 LSU. Are you meaning to tell me that Auburn didn't use the fact that they beat then #3 LSU in making their strength of schedule argument to play in the BCS National Championship? The simple fact is a team's ranking (whether or no they make it to mid-season with that ranking) is the # when you play them, not where they finish.

But, for the sake of argument and to make you feel better, LSU has played Tennessee who is now #17 (AP), #18 (coaches) and Florida who is #18 (AP), #19 (coaches) and Arizona State who was once in the polls but is now NR. By comparison, Auburn hasn't played anyone ranked either now or then. So, if anyone is overrated, it must be #16 (AP), #15 (coaches) Auburn, you know, the the Auburn team that lost to the only team it has played with a winning records being the not now or then ranked Georgia Tech.

Auburn hasn't really been tested yet.  But, you're wrong about LSU playing 3 top 15 teams.  None of the teams even made it to mid-season in the top 15, which means they were all overrated.  So is LSU.

189583[/snapback]

Well, let me say this, LSU didn't finish #3 last year but Auburn certainly bragged about beating LSU last year when LSU was ranked #3 and the record book reads that Auburn defeated #3 LSU. Are you meaning to tell me that Auburn didn't use the fact that they beat then #3 LSU in making their strength of schedule argument to play in the BCS National Championship? The simple fact is a team's ranking (whether or no they make it to mid-season with that ranking) is the # when you play them, not where they finish.

But, for the sake of argument and to make you feel better, LSU has played Tennessee who is now #17 (AP), #18 (coaches) and Florida who is #18 (AP), #19 (coaches) and Arizona State who was once in the polls but is now NR. By comparison, Auburn hasn't played anyone ranked either now or then. So, if anyone is overrated, it must be #16 (AP), #15 (coaches) Auburn, you know, the the Auburn team that lost to the only team it has played with a winning records being the not now or then ranked Georgia Tech.

189629[/snapback]

I totally agree. You make good points. I think that LSU has definitely played better opposition. I think it is ridiculous though for both Auburn and LSU to boast on who has played who this year. THEY ARE PLAYING EACH OTHER SATURDAY!!! We will know at that time who the best team between the 2 is.

Where I really use strength of schedule in comparing teams is out of conference teams, when 2 teams don't play each other. So LSU fans, keep bringing up the schedule and us Auburn fans will spin it how we want, but none of that matters come Saturday night.

Archived