Early LSU Prediction

StatTiger

For the season, LSU is scoring +9 pts more than what their opponents were allowing on the season. Their defense is holding their opponent to -6 pts less than what they were previously averaging. The average score for LSU this season, 31-18.

For the season, Auburn is scoring +6 pts more than what their opponents were allowing on the season. Their defense is holding their opponent to -10 pts less than what they were previously averaging. The average score for Auburn this season, 31-12. Keep in mind, I tossed out our games against Ball State and Western Kentucky.

Based on LSU's scoring averages, Auburn wins 24-21.

Based on Auburn's scoring averages, Auburn wins 25-21.

My prediction: Auburn 24-21

Arkansas Prediction: Auburn 29-16

:au::football::cheer:

Guest Tigrinum Major
If LSU doesn't give up more than 1 turn over and cuts their penalties down, this game isn't close.

LSU 28 - Aub 7

189443[/snapback]

If you were anything but a troll, you would offer some decent analysis.

See how those "if" statements work?

If LSU doesn't give up more than 1 turn over and cuts their penalties down, this game isn't close.

LSU 28 - Aub 7

189443[/snapback]

Please, Logan!! You must be a corndog strolling in. AU will be the best D LSU has seen all year. We held the best rushing O to 158, 100 under thier average. We have a disciplined team...LSU does not, thus all their penalties, they might have a game without that many, but I don't think so. LSU will be the best D we have seen all year. We now have a road victory under our belt, thus Cox had a huge learning experince the first half. It will be a close game I think, but I think we have the overall best team. We should be able to throw the ball down field with ease. If Clausen can pick them apart, I know Cox can.

:au: 27

:lsu: 17

LSU 28 - Aub 7

189443[/snapback]

Hey, if thats the halftime score...I'd take it. Tenn. seemed to do well being down 28 points AT THE HALF...so maybe the same can work for us?

My prediction

Auburn 28

LSU 24

LSU 28 - Aub 7

189443[/snapback]

If Clausen can pick them apart, I know Cox can.

So you're saying because our secondary had a bad game against Tennessee there is no hope for them anymore?

I guess it only takes 1 man to take down Auburn, because that's what GT's Reggie Ball did. Maybe Joseph Addai can do the same? Right?...right?

Our defense has become exponentially better since the start of the season, more so after the TN game. Perhaps it's because of the lack of quality offensive opponent? I don't know, but if you agree with that, then surely you can say the same thing about Auburn.

LSU is second in the league with sacks and Auburn is 1st in sacks allowed. It should be an excellent OL/DL matchup. And don't expect your green running back Kenny Irons to pull +180 yards on the #1 rush defense in the league. After that, it's up to Cox to make good plays.

Joseph Addai had 152 yards rushing against Florida, a team with a higher rush defense rating than Auburn. Our QB's have similar stats, but Cox has more yards.

Anyways, I'm sure I could go on and on about stats on paper.

Tell me about your team. I honestly don't know much about Auburn. I just wanted to come in here and stir trouble :D

I think this weekends game will be extremely close and is basically a toss up.

Though if LSU continues its trend of turning the ball over, like they have the last two games (8 turnovers I believe) then it might not be, or if we can't hold onto the ball.

I don't put much stock in Florida's offense. Speed and discipline of SEC defenses has shown that Myers spread crap isn't what it was hyped up to be. Their defense has been questionable for 3 years now. Heavily overrated team going into the season.

Home advantage goes to LSU, but coaching goes to Auburn.

For the season, LSU is scoring +9 pts more than what their opponents were allowing on the season. Their defense is holding their opponent to -6 pts less than what they were previously averaging. The average score for LSU this season, 31-18.

For the season, Auburn is scoring +6 pts more than what their opponents were allowing on the season. Their defense is holding their opponent to -10 pts less than what they were previously averaging. The average score for Auburn this season, 31-12. Keep in mind, I tossed out our games against Ball State and Western Kentucky.

Based on LSU's scoring averages, Auburn wins 24-21.

Based on Auburn's scoring averages, Auburn wins 25-21.

My prediction: Auburn 24-21

Arkansas Prediction: Auburn 29-16

:au:   :football:   :cheer:

189427[/snapback]

Hard to argue with this kind of logic. Even with the poor 1st half that Cox had with Arky, your prediction in that game still came pretty close to being right on the money. IMHO the big issue is which team, LSU or AU, has made the most improvement at this point in the season. I think it's been AU, although I freely acknowlege I'm an AU :homer: . AU needs to eliminate the turnovers that lead to short-field freebie scores for the other team. They do that and I see them coming away with win against LSU next Saturday. :au: WDE

LSU 28 - Aub 7

189443[/snapback]

So you're saying because our secondary had a bad game against Tennessee there is no hope for them anymore?

I guess it only takes 1 man to take down Auburn, because that's what GT's Reggie Ball did. Maybe Joseph Addai can do the same? Right?...right?

Our defense has become exponentially better since the start of the season, more so after the TN game. Perhaps it's because of the lack of quality offensive opponent? I don't know, but if you agree with that, then surely you can say the same thing about Auburn.

LSU is second in the league with sacks and Auburn is 1st in sacks allowed. It should be an excellent OL/DL matchup. And don't expect your green running back Kenny Irons to pull +180 yards on the #1 rush defense in the league. After that, it's up to Cox to make good plays.

Joseph Addai had 152 yards rushing against Florida, a team with a higher rush defense rating than Auburn. Our QB's have similar stats, but Cox has more yards.

Tell me about your team. I honestly don't know much about Auburn. I just wanted to come in here and stir trouble :D

189454[/snapback]

I'll tell you one thing about our team. They arent the same team that stepped on the field and played Georgia tech. If LSU thinks like this, Auburn will have a big game (but i seriously doubt LSU will overlook us).

I honestly don't know much about Auburn. I just wanted to come in here and stir trouble  :D

189454[/snapback]

If this is the case, let this be your first warning. Football discussions are fine but if you are here to flame, you won't last long.

I'll tell you one thing about our team.  They arent the same team that stepped on the field and played Georgia tech.  If LSU thinks like this, Auburn will have a big game (but i seriously doubt LSU will overlook us).

Just as some of you seem to write off LSU because of their first two games under extremely trying times, under a new system.

I can't judge Auburn because I've only seen them on television once for the GT game. But I believe you when you say they are a much better team. It will be interesting to see the performance of both teams because it will be a quality matchup between two good teams.

I just know that LSU is likely a better team than alot of you think. The key is the discipline of our players. If it all comes together for us then we are a force to be reckoned with.

Teams with pocket QB's have had success against LSU, Arizona State put over 450 yards didn't they in the air? Tenn and ASU were very successful going one dimensional and throwing the ball, then again teams that have done that against Pellini defenses for the past 2 1/2 years have been successful.

I knew that spread option crap wouldn't work with LSU's speed. Don't think anyone expects Auburns tailbacks to put up 180 yards on LSU either. Passing game was going well once Cox settled in at Arkansas, but why pass when your line is surging and your getting 5 plus a carry?

LSU 28 - Aub 7

189443[/snapback]

189454[/snapback]

Like looking at stats,huh?....okay....let's go....

SEC stats

Everyone has picked your secondary apart. I say that referencing saying Cox is a better QB that Clausen. If he can do what he did then I know Cox can. Plus, LSU gives up an average of 220 yds/gm thru the air.

Actually AU is tied for 1st giving up the fewest, check your facts first. We have given up 7 in 6 games. Yes, LSU is second in sacks for..19. The running games will be critical for both teams..AU has #3 rushing O against the LSU #1 rush D flipping it around....LSU has the #5 rush O against AU #6 rush D...Passing..AU has the #6 pass O against LSU #8 pass D.....flipping it...LSU has the #8 pass O against the AU #1 pass D.

To me it all looks kind of like a washout. The best run D against a pretty good run O. The best pass D against a mediocre pass O. This is going to be a slug fest in my opinion, much like last year IMO. Coming down to the wire.

I think we are hitting all the wrong marks. Coaching wins this game.

My new prediction?

Auburn 7,507

LSU (-)2

Ya....thats right....I went there B)

AU 20

LS_WHO 17

Very close game...Cox wins it with a 4th down conversion and a 3rd down TD on the last AU drive of the game...a botched PAT...and a retry that's GOOOOOOOD!!! I just like how that sounds.... :)

:au::homer:

I think this game will be very entertaining on many fronts. I think LSU fields the best talent in the SEC. I think the coaching at LSU has been sub par. Les Miles did his very best to keep Florida in the game yesterday. They are also coming off an emotional, must-have win.

Auburn is an unknown commodity at this point. They can certainly beat very average to poor teams but LSU stands to be their first real test on the road. The key for Auburn will be to take the emotion out of the LSU faithful as soon as possible. As loud as Death Valley can get, it can get quiet on the turn of a dime. If Kenny Irons can run like he did against Arkansas, I can see the Tigers escaping in a tight one.

Auburn 20

LSU 17

2005 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

RECORD: 5-1

9-3-05 GEORGIA TECH LOST 14-23

9-10-05 MISSISSIPPI STATE WON 28-0

9-17-05 BALL STATE WON 63-3

9-24-05 WESTERN KENTUCKY WON 37-14

10-1-05 SOUTH CAROLINA WON 48-7

10-15-05 at Arkansas WON 34-17

Not trying to flame here, but your shcedule says it all.

2005 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

9-3-05 GEORGIA TECH  LOST 14-23

9-10-05 MISSISSIPPI STATE  WON 28-0 

9-17-05 BALL STATE  WON 63-3 

9-24-05 WESTERN KENTUCKY  WON 37-14

10-1-05 SOUTH CAROLINA  WON 48-7 

10-15-05 at Arkansas  WON 34-17 

189497[/snapback]

Holy Crap...I had no idea who Auburn had played this year or definitely not whether they had won or not...this clears everything up!!!

Not trying to flame here...but what's your point????

P.S. You don't have to try and flame because your signature and avatar flame enough without you saying anything... :big:

...disregard the P.S., you had sense enough to change it before everyone saw it...

Guest Tigrinum Major
2005 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

9-3-05 GEORGIA TECH  LOST 14-23

9-10-05 MISSISSIPPI STATE  WON 28-0 

9-17-05 BALL STATE  WON 63-3 

9-24-05 WESTERN KENTUCKY  WON 37-14

10-1-05 SOUTH CAROLINA  WON 48-7 

10-15-05 at Arkansas  WON 34-17 

189497[/snapback]

Earth to cajun country...update your signature. Wrong Tigers in that picture.

I have no idea. I really don't. I could see both teams winning. Both AU and LSU have some holes yet both teams are talented enough to fill them and win.

LSU wise....what D are they going to play? LSU fans seem to think Pelini has changed his D recently from soft-zone to more man-2-man (or that Pelini's men are playing closer up)....though his men are playing closer up to the WR....the soft zone D still exists. I saw some good blitzes though against UF so maybe their D will be effective. I really am not sure.

Offensivly, I think Russell is playing quite good to be honest....have been impressed really with him. His WR's though....are over-rated. Dropped balls or wrong routes...have been common with them. Will they play like they did in the 1st half against ASU or the 2nd half? In addition, Addai's turnover against UF killed them. But, I do think LSU has the type of team that can score on a lot of tough D's though as speed and power does exist. Just need to stop the stupid mistakes that are PLAGUING them.

I don't have many doubts about AU's D except for the occasional deep threat that I think Tech exposed at times....then again...does LSU have a Calvin Johnson type WR? I don't think so, so it may not be a problem.

Now...here is where many AU fans will hate me....I am not sold on Cox just yet. True, I have only seen his Tech game....but I think he is going to take a beating in BR. No, not a beating as in INT's galore but a physical one as LSU is going to blitz all day it seems. Can he handle it? I am not sure Shockley could right now.

I think the entire game rests on Cox's shoulders. IMO, LSU and AU really are quite comparable but QB wise...Russell has a good bit more experience. If Cox plays as well as he has the last few games, AU wins. If not, I think LSU takes it.

AU - :au:

LSU - :lsu:

Not sure yet who is going to win.

Auburn's opponents

Georgia Tech 4-2

Arkansas: 2-4

South Carolina: 3-3

Ball State: 1-5

Miss State: 2-4

1-AA Western Kentucky: 6-1

LSU's opponents

#15 Arizona State 3-3

#10 Tennessee 3-2

Mississippi State 2-4

Vanderbilt 4-3

#11 Florida 5-2

Auburn has not been really faced any competition this year as they have not played a ranked team (and I mean ranked at the time they played them). In addition, Auburn has played only one road game. Given Auburn's current schedule they really haven't had to face any adversity.

LSU has played 3 top 15 teams and has had 3 road games. LSU's 1st 2 games were played under the most adverse conditions that ANY team has ever faced. In fact, this past weekends game against Florida was this 1st return to normalcy for LSU in 1 1/2 months (being the 1st home game at LSU on a Saturday). IMO LSU has been tested.

I can say this about LSU too...from the Arizona State game until now, LSU has gotten progressively better on defense and offense. Also, this LSU team will be the best defense that Cox and Irons have seen thus far. While the continued penalties (10/game) and turnovers (9 in last 2) are a problem, IMHO LSU has the best talent in the SEC which is why they have come out on top more often than not. But, if they continue their undisciplined play, it will catch up with them sooner than later.

I've watched every game that LSU has played this year and LSU has outplayed every team physically but not mentally. I thought Miss. St. and Vandy was fools gold but LSU outplayed Florida this past weekend and should have put them away easily but for the mental mistakes. Right now, LSU just doesn't have that killer instinct and that coupled with their undisciplined play has been their Achilles this year (see Tennessee). They should have easily put every game away early with the exception of Arizona State. If LSU can play against Auburn with few penalties and minimal turnovers, I think LSU wins handily (14-17 points).

One more bit of trivia comparison:

Common opponent - Miss. St.

vs. AU (28-0)

Auburn 320 total yards, MSU 207

Auburn passing 12-18 for 202, MSU 12-21 for 126

Auburn rushing 41 for 118, MSU 38 for 81

vs. LSU (37-7)

LSU 402 total yards, MSU 229 total yards

LSU passing 23-28 for 231, MSU 11-26 for 173

LSU rushing 32 for 171, 28 for 56

LSU's 1st 2 games were played under the most adverse conditions that ANY team has ever faced.

You mean, any team besides Tulane. At least you still have a home field, and a school for that matter.

It's OK - if you guys figured we'd win, then winning next week wouldn't feel as good.

Archived