Bama Insider Comment Thread from ITAT

DKW 86

Link-bodda-bink

Bama insider talking to an Auburn guy.

... the thing is, you are not re-building, you are not re-loading, you are not ‘re’ anythinging … you are just pluggin’ in underclassmen when a player leaves for the pro’s … and you’re barely missing a beat and that has created a lot of confusion in my world and a lot of denial in my circle of friends and in the media.

Here's another snip:

... look at our two programs, the talent level and depth is in AU’s favor. The intangibles. ... I look at the game this year and think that if we don’t win this year then you may take at least 7 in a row from us if not more. Bama has to win this year, we have to or the shift and the gap will continue to widen in state.

I had a very similiar conversation with a true Bama insider.

They said: "We know where our program is (talentwise.)We know we are winning games by the skin of our teeth. We know that every win we get right now is a gift."

That is a verbatim quote. The Barn Members have the rest and my take.

It is funny that the thread on ITAT reads almost exactly like I was told. It is funny too because I called the insider, they did not seek me out.

They may cut Tommy down in public, just like they cut everything down that is not AlerBammer football. But deep down, they are very envious of that 13-0 season and the national respect he gets from the program.

BTW, I openly predict Alabama will sign a Top 3, not 5, recruiting class this year. They will again be signing talent like in 1999. If you remember, that was the year of the "Best D-Line ever" was signed. Right now the headlines are "Best O-Line ever signed." Bama is well onits way back to 1999 form again... ;)

BTW, I openly predict Alabama will sign a Top 3, not 5, recruiting class this year. They will again be signing talent like in 1999. If you remember, that was the year of the "Best D-Line ever" was signed. Right now the headlines are "Best O-Line ever signed." Bama is well onits way back to 1999 form again... ;)

190410[/snapback]

Will they pay as much for this "Top 3" class as they did for 1999's (adjusting for inflation, of course)? :big:

And now that Mike Shula is "the cream of the SEC coaches" <_< , aren't they worried about him going back to the pros?

190410[/snapback]

Will they pay as much for this "Top 3" class as they did for 1999's (adjusting for inflation, of course)? :big:

And now that Mike Shula is "the cream of the SEC coaches" <_< , aren't they worried about him going back to the pros?

190420[/snapback]

LINES

--------

READ

--------

LINES

Can you figure out this puzzle? quietfan can!!

How can they sign a top 3 recruiting class when Auburn's recruiting class is already in another league in itself? They still have catching up to do with Auburns recruiting class for THIS year :blink:

I wouldnt go as far as to say that. No doubt Bama might get some talent, but top 3? Nope.

Just ask any uater and they will tell you, in great detail, about all of the super human 12 "star" players that are linin' up to become a part of the dark pink tradishun! :)

My brother is a uat man. He is one of the few intelligent uaters that I talk football with on a regular basis. He stated that he would trade flipper for Coach Tuberville in a second. The reason? Class-Humility-Obeying the Rules-etc..... He listted his obvious Coaching skills far down the list. That is all that matters at uat. winning. That, more than anything else, is what got them into the mess they are still suffering from to this day.

Let all of the "star" guys go to uat. They just wouldn't fit in with the program Coach Tuberville has built, and is continuing to build, at Auburn. :au:

How can they sign a top 3 recruiting class when Auburn's recruiting class is already in another league in itself?  They still have catching up to do with Auburns recruiting class for THIS year  :blink:

I wouldnt go as far as to say that.  No doubt Bama might get some talent, but top 3?  Nope.

190430[/snapback]

We are rated #7, They are already rated #6 and they will sign Andre Smith, 5 Star OL. You do the math.

How can they sign a top 3 recruiting class when Auburn's recruiting class is already in another league in itself?  They still have catching up to do with Auburns recruiting class for THIS year  :blink:

I wouldnt go as far as to say that.  No doubt Bama might get some talent, but top 3?  Nope.

190430[/snapback]

We are rated #7, They are already rated #6 and they will sign Andre Smith, 5 Star OL. You do the math.

190506[/snapback]

I am also very interested to see what happens with 5 star QB Tebow.

Some bammers are very adiment with "O he's coming - no doubt" almost to the point of like how do you know, have you seen the envelope?

Hmmmmm

190430[/snapback]

190506[/snapback]

First off provide a link. And if its from where I think its coming from, that has to be the most bama biased recruiting site ever known to man. Wasnt Caddy a 5 star, committed to Auburn, lowered to 3 stars? What about that highly touted 5 star qb we picked up, then dropped to 4 stars? You do the math bud :thumbsup:

190430[/snapback]

190506[/snapback]

Some bammers are very adiment with "O he's coming - no doubt" almost to the point of like how do you know, have you seen the envelope?

Hmmmmm

190514[/snapback]

If Tebow hadn't already decided to follow his parents to Florida, I'd guess Chris Leak's recent performances have sealed the deal. Tebow could be starting for Urban next fall!

190506[/snapback]

Is this before or after half their recruits don't qualify and go to JUCO?

Bingo!

uat is where qbs go to never be heard from again. When was the last time uat sent a qb to the NFL?

Statistics from rivals.com:

Alabama - 14 commits

5 stars - 1

4 stars - 4

3 stars - 9

Rivals top 100 players - ZERO

Avg Stars 3.43

Auburn - 13 commits

5 stars - 1 (should be 2, Neil Caudle was lowered after committing to Auburn to 4 stars)

4 stars - 7

3 stars - 3

Rivals Top 100 players - 1

Avg Stars 3.53

So tell me, on this bama biased site....Auburn has almost double the 4 star players Bama has, has an average of 3.53 stars compared to Bama's 3.43 stars....We have only 3, 3 star players...THey have NINE. Yet they put Bama at #6 and Auburn at #7. We beat them in every category, making the obvious bias right there infront of you.

Again you do the math. This is very fun. :poke:

190430[/snapback]

190506[/snapback]

Hmmmmm

190514[/snapback]

If Tebow hadn't already decided to follow his parents to Florida, I'd guess Chris Leak's recent performances have sealed the deal. Tebow could be starting for Urban next fall!

190519[/snapback]

Logically I think you are 100% right BUT...

I remember a few years back when some of the bammers were just so smug & arrogant about what they KNEW would happen...

Just seems a little too, lets just say familiar?

Link-bodda-bink

Statistics from rivals.com:

Alabama - 14 commits

5 stars - 1

4 stars - 4

3 stars - 9

Rivals top 100 players - ZERO

Avg Stars 3.43

Auburn - 13 commits

5 stars - 1 (should be 2, Neil Caudle was lowered after committing to Auburn to 4 stars)

4 stars - 7

3 stars - 3

Rivals Top 100 players - 1

Avg Stars 3.53

So tell me, on this bama biased site....Auburn has almost double the 4 star players Bama has, has an average of 3.53 stars compared to Bama's 3.43 stars....We have only 3, 3 star players...THey have NINE.  Yet they put Bama at #6 and Auburn at #7.  We beat them in every category, making the obvious bias right there infront of you.

Again you do the math.  This is very fun.  :poke:

190525[/snapback]

Thanks vatz, it was from Rivals 100

Jeremy Crabtree was on PF yesterday and assured everyone that TT is a lock for Bama.

Alabama   Clemson   Florida   Florida State   Miami-FL    Michigan   NC State   Southern Cal

BTW, Alabama was not even on the list several weeks ago. Tebow gave a interview when he did not even mention Bama on his list. Crabtree is mega- Bammer :homer: BTW. I mean bigger than Rodney Orr, etc.

How are the points tallied? Anyone know...Is the differnece just they have 14 commits to our 13 at this point?? WOW!! 5 SEC teams in the top 10 recruiting!! Looks like more kids want to play in the south!! Can you blame them!!

Hey Bud, why not post something where a membership and password is NOT required!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Being considerate~!

Thought it was on free part of site. My oversight...

190566[/snapback]

You are correct, it is a free part of the site. You just have to spend one minute filling in a couple of blanks, some people are just lazy :D

Archived