roooolllllll tiiiide!!!!!

Gotta give them some credit...they came away with the "W".

Luckily, they won. It takes luck to have a special season in the SEC. Besides, they haven't beaten UT in T'town since 1930. Pretty scary stat...

It rollin' baby, it's rollin'  :rolleyes:

Congrats on your "signature" win.  If you can rest tonight, you don't know football.

191362[/snapback]

I can rest tonight, because I know God. A win is a win, no matter how bad it looks. It also doesn't matter if we win every game by a last second fieldgoal after a turnover, it's still a win. The last time I looked, (and I'm quoting AU fans on this) the score is the only thing that matters. Or does that only matter when talking about scoring offense and scoring defense?

I hope you guys have an injury free game tonight, players and fans.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is another LEGENDARY game worthy of another painting.....They make me want to PUKE! :moon:

Congrats on your "signature" win.  If you can rest tonight, you don't know football.

191362[/snapback]

I can rest tonight, because I know God. A win is a win, no matter how bad it looks. It also doesn't matter if we win every game by a last second fieldgoal after a turnover, it's still a win. The last time I looked, (and I'm quoting AU fans on this" the score is the only thing that matters. Or does that only matter when talking about scoring offense and scoring defense?

191367[/snapback]

Ok, you got me on the rest thing (though theologically we could debate the "knowing God" vs. "knowing Jesus" but this is a football board!).

Yeah, you won, but are you still certain about the team as a #5 team? UGA dismantled UT and so did the lowly Gators. Going in, you guys should have been a 2 TD favorite.

I guess I'd take a win like today verses a loss any time, but you guys are going to need to find a playmaker.

Here's to an injury free season for all of us, and I hope with all hope that Prothro can make it back 100%, he's one amazing player.

only twice? i'm done.

the only positive i can find, was 1990. the night bama beat UT 9-6, we beat FSU 20-17. come on tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

once again, dang you corey anderson.

sorry, me and JIM (beam) are pissed.

Big win for UAT. Congrats. Your defense caused turnovers to keep you in the game and your offense finally came up with a big play when it was needed. After these last two weeks, the players have gained some character. Offense is going to have to tighten up if they want to run the board. That is not going to happen the way they offense is playing right now. Again, Congrats to UAT.

WDE!!!

191362[/snapback]

I can rest tonight, because I know God. A win is a win, no matter how bad it looks. It also doesn't matter if we win every game by a last second fieldgoal after a turnover, it's still a win. The last time I looked, (and I'm quoting AU fans on this" the score is the only thing that matters. Or does that only matter when talking about scoring offense and scoring defense?

191367[/snapback]

Ok, you got me on the rest thing (though theologically we could debate the "knowing God" vs. "knowing Jesus" but this is a football board!).

Yeah, you won, but are you still certain about the team as a #5 team? UGA dismantled UT and so did the lowly Gators. Going in, you guys should have been a 2 TD favorite.

I guess I'd take a win like today verses a loss any time, but you guys are going to need to find a playmaker.

Here's to an injury free season for all of us, and I hope with all hope that Prothro can make it back 100%, he's one amazing player.

191374[/snapback]

Actually, you are right, Jesus is the only way. I responded too quickly to think about it.

I'm not certain about where Bama will finish the season, but I predicted 8-3 before the season so I'm one win away from having nothing to complain about. As we've seen for soooo many years, it doesn't matter how team A beats team C vs. how team B beats team C. The only thing that decides the outcome is who wins between team A and team B.

We got the playmaker. Brodie Croyle. What we need is the OL to step up and give him time to make plays.

Actually, you are right, Jesus is the only way.  I responded too quickly to think about it. 

I'm not certain about where Bama will finish the season, but I predicted 8-3 before the season so I'm one win away from having nothing to complain about.  As we've seen for soooo many years, it doesn't matter how team A beats team C vs. how team B beats team C.  The only thing that decides the outcome is who wins between team A and team B.

We got the playmaker.  Brodie Croyle.  What we need is the OL to step up and give him time to make plays.

191381[/snapback]

Well, you guy will finish better that predicted, that's safe to say.

Uhhhh..... :ua: didnt win as much as :ut: lost.

Two fumbles inside the TEN! :ut: lost this one. Drove well enough to win several times.

Congrats, but does anyone really relish a 6-3 win over a team with now three losses?

I thought this was supposed to be the "Kick Butt and Take Names Game" for :ua: ? All I heard at work FOR THE LAST TWO MONTHS was this was "going to be a slaughter. No Prisoners."

6-3 is kicking butt and taking names? I am sure the Daniel Moore print is on the way already.

Now numa, you know thats a misleading statistic. We havent beaten them in ttown since 1930 because our big games have been in bham up until 1999.

Its like that lame ass statistic that you guys keep bringing up about how we havent beaten AU in ttown over a span of like 120 years.

Which amounts to like 4-5 whole wins for you guys....big deal.

7-0 baby. A win is a win is a win...(or in this case and every single win we get according to you guys)...another team we play "losing" the game is a win.

Two fumbles inside the TEN! :ut: lost this one. Drove well enough to win several times.

Congrats, but does anyone really relish a 6-3 win over a team with now three losses?

I thought this was supposed to be the "Kick Butt and Take Names Game" for :ua: ? All I heard at work FOR THE LAST TWO MONTHS was this was "going to be a slaughter. No Prisoners."

6-3 is kicking butt and taking names? I am sure the Daniel Moore print is on the way already.

191437[/snapback]

Didn't it seem to you that UT was almost trying to loose?

Anyway UAT won and their fans have the right to crow loud for the world. But they better be glad this is a down year in the SEC.

191437[/snapback]

Anyway UAT won and their fans have the right to crow loud for the world. But they better be glad this is a down year in the SEC.

191587[/snapback]

what i don't understand, is last year when :ua: was missing most of its starters and using a 3rd string quarterback, since :au: was beating everyone it was "alabama is a joke" etc etc.....but now that :au: is losing games now its a "down year" in the SEC, "we have a new QB" (who is actually pretty good for his inexperience), etc etc. The SEC has 3 teams in the top 10, and a total of 6 in the top 25. sorry, but i have to respectfully disagree with you.

191437[/snapback]

191587[/snapback]

what i don't understand, is last year when :ua: was missing most of its starters and using a 3rd string quarterback, since :au: was beating everyone it was "alabama is a joke" etc etc.....but now that :au: is losing games now its a "down year" in the SEC, "we have a new QB" (who is actually pretty good for his inexperience), etc etc. The SEC has 3 teams in the top 10, and a total of 6 in the top 25. sorry, but i have to respectfully disagree with you.

191592[/snapback]

No what you are conveniently not remembering is all the Bammers last year saying what a down year it was in the SEC. It only seem logical that if last year was a down year, this year is even more of a down year. How else can Bama 7 - 0 be explained?

Think back, last year there were 6 SEC teams in the top 25 were there not? AU, GA, TN LSU, FL, ooops only 5, I was thinking that Bama was there as well, foolish me.

No what you are conveniently not remembering is all the Bammers last year saying what a down year it was in the SEC.  It only seem logical that if last year was a down year, this year is even more of a down year.  How else can Bama 7 - 0 be explained? 

Think back, last year there were 6 SEC teams in the top 25 were there not?  AU, GA, TN LSU, FL, ooops only 5, I was thinking that Bama was there as well, foolish me.

personally, i thought we sucked due to the QB situation and most of the starters were unhealthy. anyone who would argue that :ua: wasn't bad last year is a fool, because we just were plain bad. but there was a good reason, as i don't know many teams that can throw in a redshirt freshman QB without most of their starters and go win games. last year wasn't a down year in the SEC and neither is this year. :au: had good players and :ua: didn't last year. the bammers saying that last year was a "down year" in the SEC are smoking crack.

"We got the playmaker. Brodie Croyle".

That reminds me: the most entertaining part of this game was the ESPN announcers pronouncement that Croyle reminded them"of a young Bret Favre." :huh: Okay, they're both from a southern state?

What's this "T-Town"? Please don't tell me Bammers are calling tuscaloser "Title town" now? That's Green Bay nimrods.

So when @ #3 we beat Michigan 9-7 in the 1983 sugar Bowl, #2 Texas lost their bowl, #1 Nebraska lost their bowl, and in the final poll we ended up...#3, all the sports reporters, coast to coast (except the NY Times) said "A National champion must score Touchdonws." ;)

Look, this guy came on our board, tried to stir the pot with," **** *ide".

This fan posts at crimsons tusks and is very erratic and is a very simple guy if you catch my drift. You just take posts like this with a grain of salt and move on.

Congratulations on the win vs Tenn. and maybe next time, you can stop by and talk some actual football.

All I have to say is remember 1989~ We had 2 losses (if memory serves me correctly) and UA was undefeated? Well - 30 - 20 AU Wins!!!! History has been known to repeat itself.

Close call against a bad Ole Miss team, and a close one against UT, someone is going to beat this #5 team!!!

WAR EAGLE :cheer:

Close call against a bad Ole Miss team, and a close one against UT, someone is going to beat this #5 team!!!

WAR EAGLE :cheer:

191844[/snapback]

Not to mention being down 21 to 10 against Southern Miss. UAT is beatable...it just seems that no one wants to beat them with the number of teams that have just given the game to them. :rolleyes:

Archived